The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoilers] An Insane Theory On The Ending Of Stolen Dreams

Morec0

READ THE DAMN TITLE!!! SPOILERS BELOW!!!!

---

"All is silent and calm. Hushed and empty is the womb of the sky."

Alright, so, I'm probably just in desperate need of sleep right now, but an idea on an interpretation of the above came to mind and I want to write it out.

"All is silent and calm."

So, it just sort of popped into my head, but I think this may be connected to that one part in Stalker's Codex: "The drums, the Empire, fell silent forever."

What if what this Sentient skull or whatever it is we're picking up is talking about is the fall of the Orokin Empire.  They knew, and they know, that the Orokin have perished, that the Tenno have vanished, and what we are hearing are the final thoughts or something of that nature from the Sentients (or at least this Sentient) on what is happening in Origin. How? Maybe a hivemind or mind meld of some description? It's difficult to say, really.

"Hushed and empty is the womb of the sky."

Now, THIS is where it gets weird, because this is the phrase that makes us question everything. But, here's now my mind is currently considering it:

The Sentients, while alien and while definitely not humanoid (as DE said), refer to, when they say "the womb of the sky", to the Origin System. To the place that gave birth to humanity. Why?

Because, once, long ago, the Sentients were human.  They were part of some human expedition out of Origin that was long ago forgotten about - perhaps another one of those military experiments we saw in talked about in the Ember and Rhino Prime codex entries - and over the years that passed and saw the rise of the Orokin in Origin, that human expedition bred and evolved into something else. Something that's no longer human, but has its roots back where humanity began.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go sleep and pretend I never came up with this ridiculous idea.

If you looked closely at the mission it was classified as a "Raid" mission. I feel like this quest is an opening to the new raid mechanic incoming and that Arcane infested will be classified as "raid bosses". If you really think about it you can see the possible connections! What if the Raid missions were based on this questline, and that these are all previews of what's to come? We'd be fighting the new incoming Sentients, and have these new arcane infested to get in our way as well, (maybe even Vay Hek keys will come into play here?). Lots of possibilities for this game, and Stolen Dreams is a preview.

Edited by Your_Very_Best_Friend

I just think that Arcane Helmets, Arcane Codices, and the Arcane Boiler have something to do with each other. I'm probably out of my mind too though.

Arcane helmets only became 'arcane' because DE needed a word to classify stat helmets in order to distinguish them from regular helmets with no stats. 

So yes, you cray cray.

Edited by DJ_Redwire

Arcane helmets only became 'arcane' because DE needed a word to classify stat helmets in order to distinguish them from regular helmets with no stats. 

So yes, you cray cray.

I'm just wondering why they reused the same modifier "prefix" of Arcane. Perhaps in the Warframe-verse it just means old/ancient?

I'm just wondering why they reused the same modifier "prefix" of Arcane. Perhaps in the Warframe-verse it just means old/ancient?

Definition for "arcane" - "understood by few; mysterious or secret."

In the case where it coincides with significant age, it implies that its a "lost art".  With the helmets it most likely implies that they're not reproducible.  The Codices, it most likely refers to the inability to decipher them.  Though from there on it might indicate that they are, well, "Sentient touched". 

The mission being classified as a "raid" type mission is due to the fact that we once had a mission type of the same name that followed a similar mission pattern, albeit with less lore and mysterious messages.  Players would spawn in, kill everything between them and a button, push the button, and kill everything between them and extraction.  No connection to the upcoming 8-player raids.

I like your idea with the "All is silent and calm" line.

However, I think the hushed and silent womb in the sky is the Outer Terminus Solar Rail.

It's broken, deactivated, meaning its fallen silent. It's in the sky because that's how it can aopear if viewed from a planetary surface. It's a womb because it's from where the Setients were "birthed" into the system, going by the theory they came from a different Solar System (Mag Prime Codex).

I think the coming 8-man raid is going to involve killing a Sentient. Think about it: killing Sentients is basically why the Tenno were created in the first place and they're supposed to be these hugely powerful enemies. Theoretically, it takes four Tenno just to down a high-ranking Grineer goon like Vay Hek. It should take a lot more than that to handle up on one of the guys that almost wiped out the Orokin.

Just would like to point out that the line is actually part of a much longer manuscript from a real world Guatemalan text, the Popol Vuh. Here's the full paragraph it's from:

"This is the account of when all is still silent and placid. All is silent and calm. Hushed and empty is the womb of the sky. These then are the first words, the first speech. There is not yet one person, one animal, bird, fish, crab tree, rock, hollow, canyon, meadow or forest. All alone the sky exists. The face of the earth has not yet appeared. Alone lies the expanse of the sea, along with the womb of all the sky. There is not yet anything gathered together. All is at rest. Nothing stirs. All is languid, at rest in the sky. There is not yet anything standing erect. Only the expanse of the water, only the tranquil sea lies alone. There is not yet anything that might exist. All lies placid and silent in the darkness, in the night."

Basically it's part of a larger text describing creation. Now back to your usual speculation on what the significance of that might be.

I think the coming 8-man raid is going to involve killing a Sentient. Think about it: killing Sentients is basically why the Tenno were created in the first place and they're supposed to be these hugely powerful enemies. Theoretically, it takes four Tenno just to down a high-ranking Grineer goon like Vay Hek. It should take a lot more than that to handle up on one of the guys that almost wiped out the Orokin.

You forgot that in the "Hidden Messages" quest the Lotus retrieves a memory of the original Mirage going on a huge Setient killing rampage.

One more Lore thread eh? No rest for the wicked they say.

Since it is a Machine, it does something. Since it is old as can be, I wonder now if in fact it us a Genesis Device.

The Orokin were trying to create life and while the Technocyte do this to an extent, it is not a species, at least not the sentient species that destroyed the Outer Terminus Gate.

Like the movie Splice or AI show, the question was not if the Orokin could create new life, but what to do with it when they had succeeded.

I think it is wise to add in Steves hint of bombs in the Void and the likness to Calm before the Storm, as in the the Void Storm coined by Alad V.

To sum up: It is possible the Sentients are Orokin created life, spawned in the Void.

I like your idea with the "All is silent and calm" line.

However, I think the hushed and silent womb in the sky is the Outer Terminus Solar Rail.

It's broken, deactivated, meaning its fallen silent. It's in the sky because that's how it can aopear if viewed from a planetary surface. It's a womb because it's from where the Setients were "birthed" into the system, going by the theory they came from a different Solar System (Mag Prime Codex).

I like your theory up to the "Sentients were 'birth'" bit, but only on the most minor of gripe levels. Looking at the Mag Codex myself I always found that it was saying the Orokin forces (Tenno and human soldiers) left Origin to attack the Sentients, going into their system with its "blue star" - so, while Outer Terminus was indeed the "womb", it was the womb for humanity to leave into the wider world of Sentient territory.

Although, if we want to get REALLY technical with this, the solar rail would be more of the vagina of the sky, the entrance into their world humanity took their world.

You'd think a little sleep would have made me less insane, but you'd be wrong.

I don't mean to burst anyones theory crafting, but if you check the wiki for the quest, there mention of ataday iningmay (pig latin), that suggests what all this might be about.

The only thing that's been data mined is the "name of the speaker" - though that may be a red herring, but it certainly doesn't suggest the "why" of this being there.

Maroo made us use the device.

Then she left.

Now we are going to fight what we awakened.

We were played, Tenno, we were so damn well played.

Oh come on, you're not actually blaming adorable ol' Maroo for something she had no idea would happen, did you?