Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Recent Survival Changes Have Completely Messed Up Life Support Again.

XxCurtennoxX

Edit: YES! Recent hotfix increased drop rate in solo and low level survivals. We will need to test, but sounds like what we needed!

The recent life support changes....yeah.... it's now harder to even get to 20 minutes even with a full group. Trying solo? Even harder. Life support barely drops from enemies now and the Lotus hardly gives enough pods to keep life support sustained.

It's almost like we're being encouraged to bring Nekros and spam 3. No one likes that really, let's be honest. Nekros shouldn't be needed to make 10 minutes easy. I understand people bringing him for long runs, but seriously, it feels like we need him more than ever even for a Survival Alert.

The first Survival i did after the changes was an Alert, which is obviously 10 minutes before extraction. I was solo because for some reason people weren't connecting to the game. Anyway, even staying in one room in hopes to get decent Life Support spawning, i found myself panicking and having to activate Life Support at around 5-10% due to the extremely low amount of Life Support. One life support pod only just spawned it time for me to activate it at 2%

Further testing in a standard star-chart survival of around level 30, we had to extract at 10 minutes because Life Support just was not consistent enough. At around 8 minutes we are at 40% life support without any Pods queued up ready for activation. This was no where near enough to even bother trying to survive any longer. 

No, this is not a post saying "Make Survival easier". What i'm saying is that the life support consistency has been lowered a considerate amount since the changes. Such an amount that it's often hard to get to 20 minutes or even 10 without a Nekros. This has not been a nice change at all in my opinion.

Discuss in a civil manner below and share your experiences in Survival :P

Edited by XxCurtennoxX

Well on devstream they did say they nerfed desecrate. And I main Nekros which makes it more sad.

No, they didn't. There's been no changes to it at all.

Was surviving solo with my Nekros in T2 today. O2 has ended at 24:47, didn't use life support pods.

Exactly. Nekros seems the only way to get anywhere now.

I just wish they would kill the RNG side already: every 10 enemies you kill, you get an LS pack. Bam, problem solved.

That'd make sense but we have to get DE to notice this issue first xD

Was surviving solo with my Nekros in T2 today. O2 has ended at 24:47, didn't use life support pods.

When was that? I didn't hear.

What happen was life support packs were dropping at a lower rate from my experience of my T4 runs. You don't need to nerf desecrate for it to be directly nerf, all you need to do is lower the chance of drops of life support packs to lower its functions.

Edited by fuzzyramen

What happen was life support packs were dropping at a lower rate from my experience of my T4 runs. You don't need to nerf desecrate for it to be directly nerf, all you need to do is lower the chance of drops of life support packs to lower its functions.

It wasn't a nerf to desecrate in any form. It was survival changes, Desecrate still works as before.

Yes, it's ridiculous. Life support should be there only to stop players from hiding, but the #1 cause for extraction should be "Oh my god they are killing me!" or at least "Why don't they die anymore?!".

Exactly. It seemed relatively balanced before in my opinion. I really can't even notice this "Constant spawning of enemies" that they mention in the patch notes. All i feel has changed is worse life-support economy.

Exactly. It seemed relatively balanced before in my opinion. I really can't even notice this "Constant spawning of enemies" that they mention in the patch notes. All i feel has changed is worse life-support economy.

If anything I'm noticing less spawns on top of less LS... it also feels like the spawns now also include far more Heavies, which is.... problematic, especially with Infested.  No longer enjoying DSS/ODS in the least when it feels as if after 10-15 I'm fighting nothing but Ancients and MOAs.

it's good to see more threads about the change in Life Support pop up, as other people in another thread seem to think nothing has changed. I guess only the players who solo survival (or at least solo survival alerts/syndicate missions) notice the difference in LS drop rate.

it's good to see more threads about the change in Life Support pop up, as other people in another thread seem to think nothing has changed. I guess only the players who solo survival (or at least solo survival alerts/syndicate missions) notice the difference in LS drop rate.

I solo survival.  I also play Survival with my clan without a Nekros sometimes.

I suspect a lot of the people who aren't noticing a difference are the ones who never go without a group and without a Nekros (I don't want to use the term "easymode" but...)

Yeah since the spawn rates in a full 4-man team are much much higher, a reduced drop rate of life support modules won't really be noticeable considering they drop enough to last the first hour even when soloing. (at least before the current issue) I suppose that's why only the soloers notice this issue.

This, and thanks TC or posting. *I wasn't sure it was just me or not*

I tend to do Solo runs pretty regularly, and reaching 40+ was not a real problem before. Right now I'm struggling to even get 20+ D: and not because I can't kill fast enough.

As it stands, I just don't want to play Survival till they revert these changes/bugs. Especially not Void Survival.

Edited by Lynxh

This, and thanks TC or posting. *I wasn't sure it was just me or not*

I tend to do Solo runs pretty regularly, and reaching 40+ was not a real problem before. Right now I'm struggling to even get 20+ D: and not because I can't kill fast enough.

As it stands, I just don't want to play Survival till they revert these changes/bugs. Especially not Void Survival.

I did a T1 solo Survival after the changes, just to see; normally 40+ isn't a problem at all.  This time, my timer stopped at 39:47 (which may have resulted in some creative cursing.)

I did a T1 solo Survival after the changes, just to see; normally 40+ isn't a problem at all.  This time, my timer stopped at 39:47 (which may have resulted in some creative cursing.)

Good for you, that still doesn't fix the problem where I consistently*10+ attempts both normal and void* have the mentioned times despite having changed nothing about my playstyle. All the while I could previously hit 40+ without to much trouble.

So you tell me, where's more likely to be the issue? Keep in mind, I'm not the only one noticing this.

Edit: Just to verify, did 4 attempts today. Of which 3 T2 void. Only one of the runs reached 25 min. Also tried apollo again. Still stuck at 20.

Edited by Lynxh

Yeah since the spawn rates in a full 4-man team are much much higher, a reduced drop rate of life support modules won't really be noticeable considering they drop enough to last the first hour even when soloing. (at least before the current issue) I suppose that's why only the soloers notice this issue.

Heck, i even struggled to get to 10 minutes with a 4-man squad in a Syndicate mission. This meant separating to search for medallions, and therefore barely anything was spawning. From what i've seen it's affected me wherever i go without Nekros

between myself, other testers, and indev testing we cannot reproduce this issue outside of a few possibilities.

currently these possibilities that are being looked into are things such as:

the first 5 minutes can be a bit sparse in Survival.

some 'lower difficulty' Missions like TI Survival might actually be more difficult ironically as there's less Enemies.

the possibility of not enough wiggle room for when Players start to slow their rate of killing Enemies.

Et Cetera.

testing has included both Squads of 4 and Solo Play.

Edit:

so if there is a problem to be reporting, a lot more information is going to be needed as to what Missions were played, how many Players, how efficiently and quickly Enemies were being dispatched, Et Cetera.

Edited by taiiat

I have definitely noticed it solo, haven't done any group Survival since DE made this change.  I believe part of the problem may be that there weren't really spawn issues when solo to begin with so the lower drop rate of Life Support is messing things up.  I did Derelict Survival solo which used to be a giant joke that I would just melee the whole time and get to 20m and the first 3-4 attempts I didn't make even 20m.  It wasn't until I switched to Synoid Gammacor to instantly melt enemies that I was getting enough Life Support to make it to 20m (I had well over 700 kills in a little over 23m this is much higher than previously was necessary).

This isn't the first time that a change like this has occurred without any regard to people who don't play in a group of 4 and I wouldn't expect it to be the last.  With any luck this will get some sort of adjustment going forward, and if I do any group Survival on the maps I played earlier I'll be sure to post again with findings regarding those.

PS: I don't Nekros, and don't play with any.

between myself, other testers, and indev testing we cannot reproduce this issue outside of a few possibilities.

currently these possibilities that are being looked into are things such as:

the first 5 minutes can be a bit sparse in Survival.

some 'lower difficulty' Missions like TI Survival might actually be more difficult ironically as there's less Enemies.

the possibility of not enough wiggle room for when Players start to slow their rate of killing Enemies.

Et Cetera.

Try for instance:

Ceres - Nuovo

Pluto - Palus

Sedna Yemaja

Since the update I keep running out of life support in solo. If i'm lucky I'll make 25 and very lucky 30 min.

What I'm seeing is the LS overall drops far too quickly and even at high tier missions, more enemies =/= LS drops.. it's absurd how you can do that to people. It should be LS goes down same as before u15.13 but enemies dropping LS less often, this way you don't panic and the increased enemies actually makes a difference.

You don't reduce both.

No offense intended, but your testing and data collection methods need an overhaul if you cannot reproduce this.

Going from leaving at 30 or 40 minutes because I've had enough, to leaving before 15 minutes because life support has run out? That's a big change. Going from a handful of drops from the lotus left wanting, to none left? That's a big change. I'm talking solo here. Same frame and loadout before and after patch.

I'd love to give intricate before and after data that might show exactly "what" changed, but we would need a patch rollback for that to occur. Only the devs can do that sort of data collection, internally.

Something changed, and it changed for the worse.

When I play solo I never have life support drops to spare. I played with a friend yesterday and we were swimming in air. 30 minutes in and no drops had been used (Nekros, yes). Anyway, the enemy spawns playing co-op were a lot higher. It was incredibly fun, and I wish solo was that intense.

Edited by The_Doc