Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cyrus106's Solution To The Core Farming Dilemma

cyrus106

As I posted previously:

Let's look at why this "re-inclusion of R5 cores" might actually be waaaaay worse than running t4 survival:

Drop rate of high level survival missions on star chart:

+2000 Credits Cache,1,COMMON, 14.2% (estimated)

+2500 Credits Cache,1,COMMON,14.2% (estimated)    

+Fusion Core,1,COMMON,14.2% (estimated)    

+Fusion Core,1,COMMON,14.2% (estimated) 

+Steady Hands,1,COMMON,14.2% (estimated)  

+Stabilizer,1,COMMON,14.2% (estimated)    

+Power Throw,1,COMMON,14.2% (estimated)

Let's add R5 core packs into that, assuming they are also categorized as "common"

100/7 rewards = 14.2% (the old rates of rotation A in high level survival)

100/8 rewards(Add the r5 core pack) = 12.5% chance. in rotation A

Why is this terrible?

The old T4 survival rates were 77% (they were the only "common" drop in rotation A). By including O cellsx3 in the "common" type, rare 5 packs were cut in half: 38.5%.

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Now here is my simple, proposed solution to end this once and for all.

It's very simple. 

Remove all the credit caches and junk from rotation A, and change the rates to this

Rotation A

5x Rare Fusion Core     77%
Steady Hands              7.6%
Stabilizer                      7.6%
Power Throw              7.6%

There you have it! The old Core drop rates (77%). Problem solved. People Farm Pluto survival and are happy
Edited by cyrus106

It's not a bad idea, but as other people would likely be happy to inform you it's not that easy.

Really now? It isn't? That's literally what the t4 survival rates were. People are going to moan and complain until we get something similar to those old rates.

It's easy. But it won't happen ... I wish it was tho ...

If devs wanted to spread the r5 core pack to other content of the game, it's reaaaaally unlikely they will just relocate them with the old drop rate in another mission (that doesn't even require a key).

But I still hope they will do something as simple, or just revert the nerf on t4 surv, that was so injustified.

Sounds good, i think a rate of 60% would be nice enough alredy too. I would be fine with credit caches, if it was like +10k, but no, it's super small cred reward, and considering the number of cores you need to max out certain mods, it's not like we're asking much, especially since not everyone can camp a survival for am entire day farming for cores, some people only get to play a few hours a day, and those will have an extremely hard time getting their mods to proper levels.

This is a great idea but I feel like some people will start to complain about how R5 packs are too easy to access. Also, didn't they nerf life support drops recently? I wonder if long survival missions are even possible anymore.

On another note, they should just add the credit caches onto the mission reward, or in other words, just buff the amount of credits you receive from a mission. No one runs regular missions because they don't give enough credit rewards, or anything valuable for that matter. People that don't complain about credits are usually running around with 100 day affinity and credit boosters, not realizing that they even have it on.

77%. WOW.

You know in another thread, I stated that the low % rate makes sense because of how powerful the R5 cores, but this would just ruin them. It'd be like having legendaries from BL2 have a drop rate of 80%. You'd be swimming in what should be a rare and powerful item.

77%. WOW.

You know in another thread, I stated that the low % rate makes sense because of how powerful the R5 cores, but this would just ruin them. It'd be like having legendaries from BL2 have a drop rate of 80%. You'd be swimming in what should be a rare and powerful item.

Agree. The problem is the rank 10 prime mod. People are trying to max rank at least 1 prime mod per month. You can said it's player fault but it's DE that actually trying to shove two prime mod every two weeks.

The solution is simple, reduce the reliance to r5 core, meaning either reduce the amount of core need to rank up prime mod or reduce the rank of all prime mod or just give us prime core

77%. WOW.

Are you guys....you know....not reading the topic? T4 survival had a 77% chance, this was the NORMAL chance.

77% or not, it needs to change in this direction at least.

Credit caches need to go, we don't go to Survival for money.

Single fusion cores should still be replaced with the 5 core packs.

All 3 of the other mods in that rotation are relatively useless, so they don't need to drop so often.

I would probably be fine with it being a 40-60% chance to drop from Rotation A if they changed the Survival tiers to properly reflect where they said this 5 pack would drop, because at least a few 20+ survival missions are considered Tier 2.

Side note, it would also be nice to see a few more Corpus survival nodes.

And an extra thought: these 5 packs should also be added as mission rewards for some higher level non-Void non-endless mission types, encouraging veteran players to play on more than just the endless mission nodes outside the void.

Edited last part for clarity.

Edited by Centias

77% or not, it needs to change in this direction at least.

Credit caches need to go, we don't go to Survival for money.

Single fusion cores should still be replaced with the 5 core packs.

All 3 of the other mods in that rotation are relatively useless, so they don't need to drop so often.

I would probably be fine with it being a 40-60% chance to drop from Rotation A if they changed the Survival tiers to properly reflect where they said this 5 pack would drop, because at least a few 20+ survival missions are considered Tier 2.

Side note, it would also be nice to see a few more Corpus survival nodes.

And an extra thought: these 5 packs should also be added as mission rewards for some higher level non-endless mission types, encouraging veteran players to play on more than just the endless mission nodes.

They are already added to all T4 modes

Just restore the Tower 4 Survival missions to there original glory the Orokin Cell 3 pack should have never been added as High Level player have no need for orokin cells. plus they were already in T3 Survival.

High Level dedicated long time supporters of this game already have everything built and leveled so what we have to look forward to in game,

1. New Primed Mods and how they can add a new depth to our game play

2. Deciding which Primed mods fit our Play style because it takes 528 rare 5 cores to max 1

3. Update 16 of coarse

After the update thing are looking bad for high level supporters of this game.

Unless maybe some relay trader will give us 3 Rare 5 Cores for an Orokin Cell, and keep regular business hours....