The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Friendly Fire Should Be Implemented Into This Game

Duyet

Lately I have been playing with a Limbo and he banished me a few times. I wonder to myself, "why aren't I taking rift damage? I am not even Limbo." The enemies that he banished died instantly, so why not me? It doesn't make sense at all. It's like going to war and a squad member die, then you think, "why not me?"

Another thing that really bothers me is when playing with these super annoying players that jump in front of your reticle and your shots don't register. Can't you see I am trying to shoot here?! Like, get out of my face already. I wish we have friendly fire so these pests would die when they try that brainless move like that.

Not only would it make this game more realistic, but also more tactical. You need to play smart to survive. Think about it, using Miasma next to another Warframe should melt him/her along with the Grineer. I know this idea isn't completely perfect, so please post your ideas and suggestions to make this work. In the long run, I think it's better for the game.

No way.

1. Trolls. They would have a field day with FF

2.Fights are often in CQC, which means bunched up enemies and bunched up tenno.

3.With as far as abilities can reach even w/o range mods you would have to be pretty far from allies just to use an ability.

Edited by nickelshark

Because we are TENNO! Also Space magic. That's why we don't take damage from friendly tenno's abilities.

I would prefer not to have this, can see some trolls having a field day if this gets in, loads into a mission, is killed already, finishes mission as slowly as possible, AFK timer goes over and you don't get rewards.

If it was an part of a special game mode then maybe but really most of our powers affect whole rooms, team mates would always die, if you really want friendly fire, why not go play a game that has that option? 

I don't think it'll work in warframe.

what about other abilities like my mag crush though so any ally would then be picked up if around me and hurt just like the enemies.... I think it would cause more problems then good.

heres a hint if you don't want people walking infront of your shots tell them to turn on constant tracers in options you see fire lines then or they could just have an automatic tracer round go of here and there or make it so your bullets pass threw friendly I particularly have a problem with my kuburows moving into my line of sight more then other players

If friendly fire is implemented then i will kill all my teammates every time i play!

Good point, but it makes communication more valuable. Like, "hey, Imma bout to Vortex to suck them up, better get outta my way!!"

You know what I am saying?

No way.

1. Trolls. They would have a field day with FF

2.Fights are often in CC, which means bunched up enemies and bunched up tenno.

3.With as far as abilities can reach even w/o range mods you would have to be pretty far from allies just to use an ability.

there are so many AOE attacks, defense and survival missions would be impossible without completely failing the mission, not to mention the good ol' attica, with thunderbolt to save a friend would kill them instead haha

Good point, but it makes communication more valuable. Like, "hey, Imma bout to Vortex to suck them up, better get outta my way!!"

You know what I am saying?

Yeah, i get where you're coming from, but it's just a terrible idea if it was actually implemented. FF isn't just something that you can just throw into a game and it be fine. You have to build the game around having FF as a Mechanic.

In a spiteful way, I'd like Friendly Fire just to kill those people who keep blocking my line of sight so I can't aim properly at enemies. But realistically, this will never work for Warframe; it would ruin the community and make it more vile than quite a bit of it already is.

As someone who almost constantly uses the melee spin attack, I think my team mates would instaban me after the first 3,000 times I chopped them all in half by accident.

Nothx, the game isn't balanced with FF in mind, all damage numbers and calculations would have to be massively modified so that you don't inadvertently kill your whole team with a flick of the wrist.

Edited by Gelkor

Lately I have been playing with a Limbo and he banished me a few times. I wonder to myself, "why aren't I taking rift damage? I am not even Limbo." The enemies that he banished died instantly, so why not me? It doesn't make sense at all. It's like going to war and a squad member die, then you think, "why not me?"

Another thing that really bothers me is when playing with these super annoying players that jump in front of your reticle and your shots don't register. Can't you see I am trying to shoot here?! Like, get out of my face already. I wish we have friendly fire so these pests would die when they try that brainless move like that.

Not only would it make this game more realistic, but also more tactical. You need to play smart to survive. Think about it, using Miasma next to another Warframe should melt him/her along with the Grineer. I know this idea isn't completely perfect, so please post your ideas and suggestions to make this work. In the long run, I think it's better for the game.

Your reasoning for asking for such thing is completely wrong.

Limbo Banishes you, that's not an act of killing, it's putting you on a different plane of existence. The only reason why the enemies died was because they were weak and the Limbo could kill them with the damage that Banish procs on them, but the main point of the skill isn't killing.

Killing people because they moved and blocked your shot isn't justified. Some people can get annoying, but killing just because they blocked your shots is just not right. Soon you would be killing everyone because they don't have an eye in their butthole. Sorry, that had to be said.

The whole idea of friendly fire just doesn't work in this game. Most modded weapons will kill players in 1~2 hits, and it would reduce the uses of our skills. In the end, it would only promote trolling and unjustified killing.

Friendly fire as an ever-present mechanic would be terrible for this game. Every time I get Rad Proc'd I immediately slaughter my squadmates (on purpose). Given the kinds of hordes we face it would be nigh-impossible not to kill your teammates while playing. And that's just with gun friendly fire. If all our abilities also hit our teammates we wouldn't be able to play without getting killed off by a teammate's ult.

FYI:

the explanation is that Warframes have the capability to selectively choose what entities are affected by this or that.

that's why Warframe Abilities don't disintegrate the Spacecraft you're standing in, nor the other Tenno by your side.

on topic:

open Friendly Fire cannot work in Warframe. this is the wrong Genre of game for that. even before you leave the Solar Map, completing a Mission would be impossible because you'd TK each other constantly.

basically, Abilities would be unusable. period.

Weapons other than Marksman Weapons would be unusable. period.

Melee Weapons would be sketchy.

congratulations, Friendly Fire has negated 90% of the game.