Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Currently Researching Railgun Blue Pigment. Can Anyone Tell Me Where The Railgun Moa Spawn Alot?

UndeadGhostWarrior

Question

7 answers to this question

After doing 750 virtually solo:

Get a group of four players. An average of 950-1050 Conclave for the group will trigger optimal Railgun Moa spawns. (Don't argue without significant testing, Conclave will not affect enemy levels, but does seem to affect which upgrade/replacer  enemies spawn how often.)

Augustus, Mars will then typically spawn a large number in waves 2-4. If you bring a Nekros and a spammy frame, you can easily expect 30 per player in a four round game.

After doing 750 virtually solo:

Get a group of four players. An average of 950-1050 Conclave for the group will trigger optimal Railgun Moa spawns. (Don't argue without significant testing, Conclave will not affect enemy levels, but does seem to affect which upgrade/replacer  enemies spawn how often.)

Augustus, Mars will then typically spawn a large number in waves 2-4. If you bring a Nekros and a spammy frame, you can easily expect 30 per player in a four round game.

This isn't me refuting your claim, but could you give more information? Do you have any test data?

If this is indeed true, farming specific mods could be made much easier by 'controlling' the type of enemies that spawn. I'd be very interested in hearing more of your research, formal or informal. This sounds very intriguing... :)

EDIT: wording

Edited by SpongyPenguin

This isn't me refuting your claim, but could you give more information? Do you have any test data?

If this is indeed true, farming specific mods could be made much easier by 'controlling' the type of enemies that spawn. I'd be very interested in hearing more of your research, formal or informal. This sounds very intriguing... :)

EDIT: wording

It was only limited testing, but the theory is simple:

Enemy levels start fixed, regardless of Conclave, and scale at a fixed rate as the endless gametype progresses.

Enemy types are based on Conclave, with an effective Conclave of +200 per round. A higher effective Conclave means Sapping Ospreys will replace Leeching Ospreys with a higher frequency, and Railgun Moas replacing Moas more frequently. Having a Higher Conclave means more Railgun Moas earlier, but 950-1050 fixes the bell curve to peak in the 2-3rd round, giving optimal spawns over the duration of a 4 round game.

As far as I can tell, Mine Ospreys -> Leech Ospreys -> Sapping Ospreys, so Leech Ospreys are particularly rare due to a sandwich effect.

Sniper Crewmen -> Nullifier Crewmen, but I noticed that Nullifiers and Snipers only spawned in rounds 3 and 4, and only saw Snipers on low Conclave runs, so there is likely another hard trigger preventing spawns before 3.

Moas -> Railgun Moas. Not sure about this one, as there are many types of Moa. Based on what I saw, I think Moa->Fusion Moa is also a thing, so there may be 'branching evolution'.