Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Do You Not Want Cores?

Mudfam

There seem to be a fair few people here that are not so bothered about the R5 core nerf, I'd really like to know why. If this wan't the case then no one would be playing Warframe right now. So, why are you still playing Warframe?

It's an honest question. The people who don't like the change have clearly expressed why, those who don't seem bothered not so much. Can you give us an explanation as to why this change doesn't bother you?

Personally, I haven't touched Warframe since the nerf. My reasons can be summed up very logically, and I just can't ignore the logic:

Cores to rank primed mod:                   528

Cores per minute (SOLID GRIND)*:        0.2

Minutes of grind to rank mod:            2640

Minutes per day of core grind**:            40

Days of core grinding before ranking:   66

Rate at which primed mods released:    1 per 7 days

* This is an average based on doing 2 rotation As, extracting and restarting with current drop rate of 25% for rotation with a ~2 minute overhead for launching, extracting etc. In T4S it's actually worse now unless you can really afford to do endless 10 minute runs without running out of keys, obviously impossible with recent super T4 key nerf.

** This assumes you are a normal human being with some semblance of a life and when you play Warframe you don't just grind cores in the most efficient way possible from the moment you log in to the moment you exit. Don't forget fusion also costs millions of credits which are not exactly easy to come by, and of course you (have to) do all sorts of other stuff in Warframe.

So, based on some simple numbers you can see that in just one month playing Warframe you accumulate over a year of grinding every day before you can rank the recently released mods. Yeah, it's THAT bad, do the math yourself if you can't believe it.

I might as well mention that just ranking non primed mods is already an excruciatingly tedious and lengthy endeavour. I could also mention Orokin Cells in T4: nobody needs them, nobody wants them, you can't sell them, you can't trade them and they don't give you ducats. In other words no "reward" whatsoever. It would be much more honest if the Lotus told us "Our operative has just finished clipping their toenails Tenno, keep up the good work, you aint getting **** anyway."

So, assuming you actualy PLAY this GAME and you don't just hang around and chat, do you have a counter argument? Bring it.

Oh, I LOVE things being hard, unfortunately that's seriously lacking unless you hang around in a mission for 50+ minutes. Doing 10 minutes of survival and extracting isn't hard. Doing that for the rest of erternity only to be futher and furher behind is... Well, I can't even describe it.

While I love things being easy, I like things being hard too, at least just a little.

That's the only comment I have, though I have never directly opposed or supported the nerf.

It was hard previously. You could farm for few days to max a prime mod and I mean few days of straight farming all the time.

Now its just crazy.

While I love things being easy, I like things being hard too, at least just a little.

That's the only comment I have, though I have never directly opposed or supported the nerf.

Grinding all those cores was pretty hard before already and grinding imo can not be called hard. It's not hard it's just wearisome. And now it's even more wearisome, considering that it was nerfed pretty hard.

There seem to be a fair few people here that are not so bothered about the R5 core nerf, I'd really like to know why. If this wan't the case then no one would be playing Warframe right now. So, why are you still playing Warframe?

I'm still playing warframe for the same reason I started playing warframe: I enjoy coop shooters with tight controls that let me kill my enemies in interesting ways.

It's an honest question. The people who don't like the change have clearly expressed why, those who don't seem bothered not so much. Can you give us an explanation as to why this change doesn't bother you?

Do you know what DE did when we asked for stacking rewards in defense and intercept missions? They gave us stacking rewards, but nerfed the drop tables.

Do you know what DE did when we asked for ability mods to be removed? They removed them, but didn't increase the drop chance for the good mods, they increased the drop chance for things like Steady Hands and Power Throw.

Do you know what DE did when we asked for T4 void missions to reduce loot dilution? They gave us T4 missions filled with duplicate parts, and then added keys to lower level void mission rewards.

Do you know what DE did when we asked for a way to recycle unwanted Prime parts? They gave us Primed mods to grind.

Do you know why DE nerfs things? To keep us playing towards an endless goal of their choosing. You want to inspire change? Good luck. I know how these devs think to a certain degree, and even if you succeed in making a deal with them, they will spin it back at us in a negative way. One step forward, two steps back.

Edited by Archistopheles

It was hard previously. You could farm for few days to max a prime mod and I mean few days of straight farming all the time.

Now its just crazy.

This. People like to say "oh, maxing primed mods shouldn't be easy" (not referring specifically to Devoid, just some people in general) and stuff like that even though it never was. It had been a huge grind (albeit a reasonable one) before, so increasing that was nonsensical.

What about when the carrot races over the horizon before you can even get started? Still like it?

How am I supposed to apply this metaphor? The cores don't leave your inventory when you get them, nor do they run away from you as you try to pick them up. They're subjectively difficult to gather, but they aren't... I don't know, 'racing over the horizon'. 

I don't feel as though Primed Mods are meant to be something that you max out quickly. I am not bothered by it. 

Because there are other things in warframe in addition to maxing everything you get your hands on, and getting everything. It's good to be reminded of that not to get burned out on farming. And it's good that some goals really are distant enough to convince hardcore that these are not mandatory goals to be achieved in short time frame, as OP still seems to think, but long term luxury.

I don't care about the R5 core nerf because I didn't farm them anyways. There is no need to max every mod in the game since we already destroyed everything before Primed mods were even a thing.

I maxed my Serration getting cores from the star chart. Same with Hornet Strike, Redirection, Vitality, Steel Fiber, etc.. I just play the game and level my mods as I get the cores. I don't rush to max stuff since then I wont have anything to do in the game.

Because there are other things in warframe in addition to maxing everything you get your hands on, and getting everything. It's good to be reminded of that not to get burned out on farming. And it's good that some goals really are distant enough to convince hardcore that these are not mandatory goals to be achieved in short time frame, as OP still seems to think, but long term luxury.

I did those. All of them. All I have left is primed mods. And now the goalpost has been moved.

Simple: I'm not interested in maxing them out.

While it is in the best interest to Max these mods as there no drawback except high mod point cost, as long as i've got it above its normal counterpart, I am okay with that.

Right now all my prime mods are between rank 6-8. They're still a long way from rank 10, but to be honest, these mods are meant to be long term, not something u should be able to Max out in under a week

Not to prove a point or anything, but I'm still only using a rank 8 serration. I have enough mods to Max it out to rank 10, but I'm the type to have multiple copies of the same mod in different rank levels

Edited by 321agemo

First and formost, I'll say that I've completely ignored the Primed mods so far. You don't fix an already inbalanced system by adding more disproportionate S#&$e to it, and tbh, I can't be arsed to grind for them anyways. It might come back to bite me in the arse one day, but so be it.

With that being said, I haven't done a lot of farmiing of ANYTHING in a long time. Nowadays if I need anything I just pick it up on Trade and recoup the cost in the long run by selling the "junk" I get from your avg runs.

This might be slightly off the topic's mark, but what I want to know is what people thing about the implementation of R5 packs in "high level" solar system Survival and Interception. I did 2 Interceptions today on Pluto and got a R5 pack on the 3rd wave and a T4 key on the 4th wave. Now, I know this is a terribly low sample size to judge anything, so I'm interested in the exp. of other people. Are the R5s a common reward in this mission/s and if so, would that be a rather slow yet reliable way to access R5s.

i'd be satisfied if unrelated mods of various polarities would give more fusion energy overall to be more in line with the cost of using them for fusion energy to other mods.or the credit cost be a whole lot less when applying a few hundred of them.  that way, the whole focus on the r5 rares would mean a whole lot less.

I feel that cores don't belong in the void as rewards in the first place. It just dillutes the soul purpose of the void which is prime parts. I know its really hard for rank 10 mods to be maxed. I think that instead of changing things in order for us to get more cores, maxing those mods should be slightly easier. Just slightly so that its still a challenge but not as ridiculously grindy as it is now.

I don't care about the R5 core nerf because I didn't farm them anyways. There is no need to max every mod in the game since we already destroyed everything before Primed mods were even a thing.

I maxed my Serration getting cores from the star chart. Same with Hornet Strike, Redirection, Vitality, Steel Fiber, etc.. I just play the game and level my mods as I get the cores. I don't rush to max stuff since then I wont have anything to do in the game.

This.

This change is a nerf to people that were grinding T4 Survival for cores, but is a buff to players working their way through the galaxy map.  Personally, I'm not too concerned about it one way or another. I am perfectly content passively leveling my gear doing missions that I find enjoyable, but that is just me.

Simple: I'm not interested in maxing them out.

While it is in the best interest to Max these mods as there no drawback except high mod point cost, as long as i've got it above its normal counterpart, I am okay with that.

Right now all my prime mods are between rank 6-8. They're still a long way from rank 10, but to be honest, these mods are meant to be long term, not something u should be able to Max out in under a week

Not to prove a point or anything, but I'm still only using a rank 8 serration. I have enough mods to Max it out to rank 10, but I'm the type to have multiple copies of the same mod in different rank levels

This, the primed mods already become superior to the old ones the instant you hit rank 6 (or rank 4 in primed reach's case). And you get no drawback like with corrupted mods. I just play the game to get my shooting hordes of enemies fix, then use same polarity junk mods and the cores I find normally to level those mods.

I did those. All of them. All I have left is primed mods. And now the goalpost has been moved.

Good for you. Now please, read and comprehend what you just answered to and understand that the answer to your complaint is contained within the text you quote.

Personally I am very bothered by this nerf to R5 cores, but I haven't voiced it out so far because enough people have already bought DE's attention to this matter and I'm sure some kind of rework or change in the current state of R5's is on the way. Besides, the 8 men were promised to be massively rewarding and it wasn't revealed what is it that Darvo is going to sell, some better way to acquire R5s might be on the way.

To some extent I agree, there is no need to max every primed mod, even though I am a "power gamer" and that would be my goal. Problem is it takes months to just max a single one unless you drug yourself awake and grind 24/7. No one is talking about "under a week", under a year would be nice, or even less than eternity cos, you know, humans only live a few decades and have other stuff to do.

I've been playing solid for a few months and I'd like to finish ranking some of my basic mods, I was already put off by how long that would take before they released primed mods, and now the big nerf...

I'm just talking about extremes here, this must be the biggest extreme in gaming history, it's just way off the charts, simply ludicrous. I don't want to spend months trying to get one little extra 5% on one of gazillions of stats to feel like an accomplished player. It is soul destroying.

I mean, really, come on. This is objectively totally insane. You're either choosing to ignore that or saying that mods don't matter in this game which is patently false. They are one of its greatest strengths.