Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Do You Not Want Cores?

Mudfam

Having carrots to chase gives me a reason to chase carrots. 

Plus one.

I would never chase a catcus...

/edit

Give us R5 core back, for Ordis' sake!

I never bothered that much with farming cores, cause doing T4 survival over and over again is just boring.

That´s why I welcome the change that you can get s5 core packs now from playing normal missions.

All I get from normal missions since the nerf were some sporadic packs of 3 x Uncommon (Silver) cores.
Edited by Demdemeh

You know that, to rank up a primed mod from rank 9 to 10 it requires the same amount it would be needed from Rank 0 to rank 9 ?

For this reason, it's highly advisable to stop at rank 9. For some mods the difference between a rank 9 and rank 10 is very little and unnoticeable.

This way you can have all the primed mods almost perfect... then for mods like Primed heated charge I would definitely have it maxed.

I don't max most of my rank 10 mods. rank 8 or 9 and i'm good.

The problem is that player want to be able to max a primed mod after doing a few camp survival.

Primed mod are to be a long term thing, not something you can max within 1 or 2 week.

There is the same problem with syndicat, some player find it normal to spambot a map and get your daily rep in 20min.

When people get used to the easy way, it's hard to come back from that.

(and be honest, all you want is to sell those 10 ranks mods for plats)

Regardless of where I stand on this issue, I find it absolutely silly that people are willing to talk down other people about how they decide to play their game. If somebody wants to powergame and man/max efficiency, why shouldn't they? It is their right, especially when the game gives them the tools to do so. It is the same nonsensical argument people come up with when some complain that certain content is not challenging.

The issue here is that the game DID provide means for efficient farming and for quite a long time I might add. What ties into this is that DE like to backtrack on decisions and are, more often than not, absolutely not communicating them properly with the community. It wouldn't be the first time they make/backtrack on a change that drastically changes how people approach the game's content.

Everyone has a different want and desire from the game based on their overall game play time, mastery rank, and current mod collection.  People at the top of the game want more cores, people in the middle want primed parts, people in the beginning just want a few good mods.

Cant please everyone but chiming in that you dont care does nothing for the discussion.

There needs to be something for everyone in this game regardless where you're presently at MR wise.  It does seem that the people with the most time invested in this game get shaft more often that not.

I'm just being realistic here and I genuinely want the game to be better. I'm saying all this because I care. The game has problems, don't use these as banners to justify bad decisions. You just don't solve a problem by making it worse. If you think they don't affect you or you just don't care then don't think that by supporting bad decisions you're somehow helping the game. Obviously a lot of people really are affected by these things, it's in literally everyone's interest that they are dealt with properly, theirs, the game's, DE's, yours.

You can start this game and get a top end weapon and frame for 20p each off players. You can then max these in about 2 hours. From then on the game consists of ranking mods. So, you're saying get half way there and then just give up? Frankly if that is truly your position then I think you're a complete idiot. Sorry, but really... I cannot even begin to understand how anyone can contemplate such a thing in any game.

Oh, and the argument that you should be doing something other than T4S is completely off the mark. To do fusion you need millions of credits, that means doing lots and lots of starchart missions (alerts, invasions, dark sectors) for every T4S you run. You also need keys, guess where they come from? Farming for fusion is actually an extremely well balanced system that has you experience every part of the game.

The game is too easy? Yeah, I agree, 100%. The only time I come close to enjoying actual play is after the 50th minute of T4S, the rest is just immensely turgid grinding for credits and keys on missions where the biggest challenge is not falling asleep. Those last 15-20 minutes of T4S after several hours of digital lobotomy is the highlight of playing Warframe, it's what makes it all worth it. Sorry, was. Now it's pointless. Orokin cells? F...

This nerf and the subsequent introduction of low reward 10 minute easy survival farming are the worst possible things that could have been done. They removed the only things worth doing in the game and added the most turgid grind to date.

Let's just look at a few things that players are not happy about:

-Limit our choices by making nullifiers invincible to half the weapons in the game

-Punish people who DON'T use cheap exploits with stealth aimbot megarockets

-Introduce a big grind for prime parts by making them worthless ducat fodder

-Add primed mods that take a gazillion years to rank, on top of scores of other rank 10 mods

-Massively increase the cost and add an RNG wall to the only consumable syndicate reward

-Limit how we can get syndicate standing with more grinding of easy boring missions

-Substitute literally the only reward worth a damn with... No reward at all! (cells)

-Add a faaaaaaaar too slow and way more repetitive easy mode core grind

These are serious issues for many players and they just get worse and worse. I keep seeing steps in  the totally wrong direction and a complete disregard for well thought out feedback from players. Every time a change comes there's some small illusion of it being good, something that allows you to argue in its favour, I've even seen myself using it to justify them. But really when you look at the big picture they're just bad, really bad. There's nothing good in there, the grind is being increased massively and our choices keep becoming more limited. We're being punished and policed into playing the game in a certain specific way, and why? Because some people farm Draco and exploit camp T4S for 2 hours? I don't do it, why I should I be punished? Did it actually stop them? Didn't think so. Anyway, who cares? Just let people do what they want to. Or fix the exploits instead of punishing everyone with random generic nerfs. Give us MORE choices, don't take them away!

The thing about u don't need to max all primed mod

well i do need to max all primed mod that is my only goal now in the no new content after 3.5 month 

the only thing keep me come back is the r5 core to max the primed mod and now it pushing me away instead

and r5 in t4s just fine the way they are they really no need to add more orokin cell x3 to diluted drop table even more sight..

Edited by VioletX

Their needs to be a game mode that only drops cores you need just way to many now. Everyone is just gonna get burnt out really fast.

Why don't you relax, play the game casually and not try to get everything instantly. You can get all the cores you want from the starchart.

I have maxed almost all of my basic mods, nightmare mods and corrupted mods. The primed mods that I use are all rank 7-8. I have only ever done T4s maybe 4 times ever! Because RNG was super nice to me with the prime parts I wanted. So you really don't need to farm cores, just play the game.

If my primed mods were maxed I would just have massive stacks of duplicates and credits sitting there being useless lol.

cozzi21, on 12 Feb 2015 - 10:48 PM, said:

Why don't you relax, play the game casually and not try to get everything instantly. You can get all the cores you want from the starchart.

Why do you ignore the facts and just pretend there isn't a problem? "Get everything instantly"? Why reply like that in a post that says it shouldn't take many years of grinding and gives you the actual numbers? What's your definition of "instantly"? Less than 10 years is instantly? How many years is it?

This is exactly the kind of attitude I'm talking about in this post:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/400615-why-do-you-not-want-cores/?p=4426618

It's not helping.

Why do you ignore the facts and just pretend there isn't a problem? "Get everything instantly"? Why reply like that in a post that says it shouldn't take many years of grinding and gives you the actual numbers? What's your definition of "instantly"? Less than 10 years is instantly? How many years is it?

This is exactly the kind of attitude I'm talking about in this post:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/400615-why-do-you-not-want-cores/?p=4426618

It's not helping.

You seem to have misunderstood me.

Prime mods are for people who have more or else have everything. They are, our current endgame. I used endgame very loosely here.

No maxing them should not take anywhere close to a year, however it's seen time and time again people enjoy instant gratification over everything in game

I want them max NOW!

Cores itself are very easy to get, you get countless of them every mission you get. People are not looking for more cores, they're looking for more rare 5 cores, which are the finest quality cores available ingame.

That however, does not justify Cells, in T4S, or the current predicament we're in with seems at the moment, however. This isn't the end of the world, I play semi regularly at the time being and i Have upward 600 r5 cores, why yes i rank mods regularly. While cores were removed from T4S, you where where still drops them?

T4 C, D And Int.

If you just play these, overtime you will have a nice collection of cores

Dark sectors survivals reward table is unncessarily filled with things we don't need or things that are just too insignificant. But as of today i found them a decent source at rare 5 cores, as unlike keys and normal starchart, they're easier to pull off.

Yes i want my cores, but i acknowledge DE will never hand cores back on the silver platter they once was.

If you're expecting DE to give you a spot where the finest cores fall out of the sky, a spot you can repeatedly farm without effort, you're being unrealistic. The best we can do is buff what we currently have, either we removed uncommon cores and credit caches from survivals or buff them so it seems liek a fair trade off. I'd gladly take 15-20k credit cache and 10uncommons cores.

Edited by cozzi21

I have no problems with this change, because Fusion Cores is not a thing why I go into the Void. I do not play that hardcore, I especially do not farm for resources if it is tedious.

So when I run a void mission, I want something I might be able to use, not something I can get anywhere else too.

I think its better now, that the gap is not so wide (5 cores vs. 1 core, nothing between).

What I am not so sure about is that we now get many Orokin Cells in the Void Survivals. I probably need more Cells than Cores, but getting them in the Void as Reward instead of a Resource doesn't feel right.

The main reasons why I like this change is:

1) because when long as tedious, boring gamestyles are more rewarding than more or less just playing, something is wrong with a game.

And Grinding Survival for Cores is such a place. When something is done against that, I am not in the least disturbed.

2) When something that initially is Rare (like Rare Fusion Cores) suddenly is more easily accessible, it diminishes the work done before. For example, with the high drop rates it is far easier / faster to max non-primed mods.

I hope other MMO devs add a common resource to drop half of the time instead of the entire point of being in an endgame place for endgame drops. It's good design, surely. When I go on a WoW raid I want 50% chance to get some common herbs instead of raid boss loot. And I want them to drop in such massive quantities that by the time I get the raid gear I want I have so many herbs that I have 2x more than a lifetime supply of everything that takes herbs would require. It'd help if I already had a lifetime supply of herbs before I even started going to the raid, too.

O.cells  and diminishing core drop rate in t4s table is exactly as the above paragraph describes. Whether you need o.cells or not, there are plenty of places to get them efficiently. There are no other places to get cores with anything resembling efficiency.

Edited by Watlok

I like people who seem think the old T4 Surv core packs allowed you instantly max primed really easily... oh wait no they didn't that wasn't ever the case so stop pretending it was a mere weekend of grinding to max out a primed mod your not even close on how many hours you have to spend.

Also your not gonna going to just casually to come into enough rare core mods to max  a single primed mod... the drop rates aren't remotely there to do it "casually" so your just being ignorant if you think that's the case with getting rare cores. 

No one is going to hold a gun to your head and shoot you if you don't immediately max out all primed mods as soon as baro sells it though. If anything take it easy and save the cores for the absolute best primed mod you want. Hell, i bought a few and i have a lot of cores but i don't feel like ranking them. Why? because it isn't primed streamline or primed point strike. ✿◕ ‿ ◕✿

I don't care about the R5 core nerf because I didn't farm them anyways. There is no need to max every mod in the game since we already destroyed everything before Primed mods were even a thing.

I maxed my Serration getting cores from the star chart. Same with Hornet Strike, Redirection, Vitality, Steel Fiber, etc.. I just play the game and level my mods as I get the cores. I don't rush to max stuff since then I wont have anything to do in the game.

I don't care about the R5 core nerf because I didn't farm them anyways. There is no need to max every mod in the game since we already destroyed everything before Primed mods were even a thing.

I maxed my Serration getting cores from the star chart. Same with Hornet Strike, Redirection, Vitality, Steel Fiber, etc.. I just play the game and level my mods as I get the cores. I don't rush to max stuff since then I wont have anything to do in the game.

my thoughts exactly.

I don't know why people are assuming that other folks who want cores to remain as they were, want their mods to be maxed in one key of Tower IV Survival. (An exaggeration yes, but I doubt people are expecting to max out their new Primed mods in just 1-2 days of playing.) It was already a pain in the butt if you actually wanted to max a mod WITH the 77% core drops in Tower IV Survival.

I, (along with many others I bet) are expecting it to take about 2-3 weeks of just casual play of T4S to max just a rare rank 10 mod they actually want to max. It already took that long before the nerf, but post-nerf has pushed that time even further and the increments of progress you make are diminished substantially. Note that if you really wanted to max the mods and put the effort into it, you could do that in a reasonable amount of time, but now that time has doubled for practically no reason that is clearly apparent.

Imagine if XP rates were reduced by half; would you really be so eager to accept that the grind has double just because? You technically don't need to go over 20 minutes in Tower IV Survival, and you don't need maxed frames or weapons to do anything in this game.

Just think about it.

Edited by Moasiac