Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

((Banshee Vs Ash))

WestJ

Question

I would want to know you guys comments on this one :) , their descriptions both say they are good for stealthy gameplay but if i had to go stealth which would be the best option??

9 answers to this question

The way stealth works right now, anything is a viable option, and by that I mean using Shade for cloaking, Ash's "Smokescreen", Loki's "Invisibility" and Banshee's "Silence", that along with the Glaive and Paris, both are silent weapons (Gliave when thrown). I like Ash to deal ridiculous melee damage and Banshee for ridiculous crowd control capabilities : D

You can stealth by any frame. Even Sentinel is not necessary. Just go to enemy's back, press E, hide. Try not to alert more than 2 enemies. If one of them run to console, shoot him.

But Ash is better.

Banshee is good when you go on team stealth mission.

Edited by Nedwin

Ash is better suited for stealth IMO. He runs fast, has smoke which buffs his melee and has teleport to jump on foes.

He also has more hit points and armor, which is nice for solo runs.

Maxing Rush (sprint speed) mod, getting stamina and stamina regen for him is a nice idea.

Using smoke and a powerful melee weapon will result in dealing extremely good amounts of damage, which is suitable for boss-fights.

Banshee is better for group runs and defense missions.

With max Reach your sound quake will clear hordes of enemies extremely quickly (not high lvl grineer or ancient infested tho. Still, all the corpus shatter before you).

With Flow and Streamline you can cast sound quake 5 times in a row, resulting in dealing 6000 damage in a HUGE radius.

Sonic boom knocks enemies down and sonar makes them faster to kill and easier to find.

So, if you want to be a stealthy invincible ninja assassin and do a lot of boss runs - go for Ash.

If you want to kill hundreds and hundreds of enemies (defense wave 20 = 500+ bodycount) with pressing one single button - get Banshee.

I have both and i enjoy playing them both, but they are completely different.

I have level 30 Ash and it was a disappointment for me. 

His skills are quite sub-par and his polarity slots are useless.

Shuriken is very inaccurate and got okay dmg. Heard this was getting looked at so it could get better.

Smoke Screen boosts your melee dmg but still vulnerable against Shockwave Moa and Toxic Ancients.

Teleport, I don't use at all cuz Ash is fast enough already.

His ultimate, while looks very cool, is very disappointing in terms of number of targets. Unless, the targets are clumped together, you will not hit 12 targets. This can be improved by upgrading Reach mod, but again, I would spend rare mods on some other frame who can use it better.

Focus and Continuity(i think) fit into his slots and I would rather use those rare mods on some other frame.

I have not played Banshee so I could not comment much but her ultimate with max Reach mod, looks very impressive

they aren't really too comparable.

just because banshee got introduced with a bow, doesn't mean loki wouldn't outperform her with the same freakin bow.

silence, the only "stealth" skill she has, is frankly quite useless in general play. it may be worth something in the future, but definitely not now. and it costs 50 energy too cast.

ash, on the other hand, can become invisible for 35 energy, get guaranteed critical hits and kill enemies fast and efficiently. when shuriken gets changed, i hope, we get one more skill suitable for stealthy play. ash is fast by nature, i did quite a few missions with him without both alerting and killing any enemy.

i still hope all frames get rebalanced in the end and we're not left with what we currently have. even though i love, love, LOVE ash, he isn't the strongest frame in the gang. and now that i had the pleasure to play saryn, i know, his ulti is really lackluster compared to aoe ultis. both visually and effectively.

I have both Ash & Banshee, I prefer Banshee for things like defence missions but Ash is far superior for rushing things, he is simply so damn fast, especially with rush mod on. Banshee's stealth is almost worthless unless you're solo or playing with people that are going out of their way to be stealthy.

If Stealth is the most important thing you're looking for, go with Ash for sure. He's fun and he's fast and his Blade Storm is actually pretty decent. Banshee has more useful abilities imo though, but she's also not as tough as Ash.