[DE]Rebecca

Post 15.14.0: Rare Fusion Core Alerts!

I'll try and find out the drop rates that were on T4 Survival, and work it out from that.

75~77% for rotation A.

Could also drop from B or C, with ~15% chance IIRC.

• Upvote 1

Well, this is a method of addressing the problem of people wasting time on mis-assigned tables in the Solar Chart from February 5th until February 11th. Another method would have been to do nothing about this, use market packs, etc.

This Reparation Alert does not address the 'implicit' central problem that Cores are no longer in T4S and many people are only playing to max their Rare Mods, nor can it. That change shifted the paradigm of ModMaxingEfficiencyDriven-gameplay and will continue to be a sore spot until either it was 'exactly like before' or 'as good as before', which is a notion that is being deliberated. For the record, the current Solar Map can and does provide Core farming, it's the 'not as good as before' that is the problem.

The impression I'm getting overall is that things also won't be targeted toward 'Maxing Primed Mods in a day'. It took me a looooooooooong time to Max my Serration which isn't even a Primed Mod. I also had many other Warframes/bosses/etc to kill so it wasn't an acutely obvious time sink. When all goals are complete and all that's left to do is Max that Mod, then we have a tier of player who becomes very sensitive to this change because it is their only goal; the goalpost has moved but the grass is staying the same. So say we change the grass and add multiple paths to the goalpast, running there still can get tiring when there are no other players on the field.

All things considered, there is a bigger soup bubbling and that is the content/burnout issue. All the ingredients are there: U15 was 3.5 months ago! Objectively good things like removing Vay Hek Key Wall doesn't benefit the veteran who already has Hydroid and got him 'the hard way'!  Lore based Spy 2.0 Quest was an absolute blast, but you're probably already finished the Quest! What is there to do now? So we come to the forums looking for answers...

And that concludes a embarrassingly verbose response from your Warframe-obsessed Community Manager who is eternally-optimistic but also empathetic to those who just want more and better fun. There is no shortage of devs running around trying to make things work, but the time involved in creating will always be significantly more than the time involved in playing, which makes the road a bumpy one.

Summed up quite well.

Burnout-player here that actually is just interested in getting his mods upgraded and maybe has some syndicate items left to buy. By the way, dont forget the creditsink, 2 million creds per prime mod is hefty to say the least. There is no way at the moment that would get me fast credits in way where I wouldnt have to play content I already did a thousand times (I probably have over a thousand void runs already).

One problem is the current trend of prime-mods. It would be cool if the essentials would be treated first, not some niche-mods like pistol ammo mutation. I think people would kill for a primed stretch, intensify, serration (please dont, for the love of balance). You know what I mean.

Another way would be having Baro selling legendary cores for like 500 ducates when he pops up. Would help me a lot.

• Upvote 2

i hate to be that guy, and i also hate my lack of words to express my self more properly.

how honest are we being about the t4 R5x5 drops?

do we realy NEED those so desperately? cos i´ve been player for over a year, and while it took me a good amount of time to max my "essential" mods, i was doing farily good without any primed versions. I dont really need those to help me progress through the game. Do they make my life easier?? yes. can i still play if i dont use them?? yes. is there any content that is too hard unless i use primed mods?? no, there isnt.

Primed mods are not end game goal in theirselves. get that out of your heads. its not playable content, its gear that you have to level up (rank up) while playing, and to play with. Ranking up mods is not a game mode. ok?? Instead of accusing DE of being jerks for reducing R5x5 drops, we should be claimng for more endgame content, and if posible, may this content be RNG free.

To come out of a T4 survival with about 30 rare fusion cores can not be a good thing, no matter how you look at it. the only mistake DE made about that was implementing it in the first place. But now that they want to fix that mistake we accuse them of making bad descions. Why didnt we say a thing when R5´s were dropping like rain in the first place?? We knew that was broken and we said nothing.

The same with syndicate key packs. we knew it was not a good idea the way it was, but we kept it for ourselves. Then DE fixed that, and we cried. Look, grind is a necesary evil. There arent many other ways to stop us from devouring content like pigs. T4 survs raining R5x5 only motivated ppl to go sit on a box at draco till round 4 and stuff like that. it was the same with syndicate standing, now you actually have to play to earn those. but nooo, lets cry at DE´s door and curse them instead of being thankfull they are trying to add mixture and avoid repetition.

(By the way i hate that t4s only drop from interceptions. i realy do)

Get your primed mods and distribute your fusion cores as you see fit, in the time you see fit, according with the current drop chances. I know DE is working and busting their heads to bring a equitative solution to this issue.

DE, if you are reading this, lets work on new end game playable content to take care of bored veterans. primed mods only feed the power creep issue and its not addressing the real issue which is "im MR1x have nothing else to do". Players, lets be patient and wait for DE to release more end game content instead of inventing excuses like maxing out mods we dont really need. Lets motivate DE with ideas and feedback so they can come up with better end game content, instead of abusing things that are clearly broken.

There is no need for us to bash on DE every time they try to make some balance adjustments. Be honest with yourselves and think how much you really need to max out that primed mod TODAY. Once you get that out of the way, you will realize that real issue here is that you are running out of stiuff to do. THAT is what we should be demanding from DE.. more PLAYABLE CONTENT, not to leave things broken cos we are bored.

We need to understand the following. Repetion is one of the primary causes of burn outs. If we only play T4 survival there is a greater chance that we will get tired of playing the game by the time we maxed out all the primed mods. Then DE will have to come up with more primed versions just to keep us bussy. then balacne goes to hell in the blink of an eye.

This goes so much deeper thant what im explaining here and im so sorry i can elaborete more. i am also sorry for all those who will hate me because of what i just posted. i dont hate you back.

love y`all.

• Upvote 11

this doesn't make up for the fact that orokin cells were ADDED into the 'hard' levels as a reward drop.

we can get an abundance of those already via Draco (Ceres) or invasions.

on that note, mix up the invasion rewards. a 5 run invasion of 25k creds vs 1 orokin cell is incredibly pointless now, other than to get a mark or hunt assassins.

how about actually getting to fixing login rewards that were promised for probably about a year?

these kind of decisions to increase the grind really baffle me, while there are other ways right in front of you, that we've been suggesting for months, that could alleviate the cause.

when scott said last devstream that they don't ever want WF to become a grind, i literally laughed out loud. because it's been like that since forever and is what the entire game is based upon.

• Upvote 5

PC Tenno!

Starting at 12 Noon EST on Friday, February 13th:

2 x 72 Hour Alerts to reward a bounty of Rare Cores and Credits to those who were affected by mis-assigned Star-Chart drops (fixed in https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/400568-update-15140/)

Alert 1) 25 x Rare Fusion Cores, 25,000 Credits. Duration: 72 hours.

Alert 2) 25 x Rare Fusion Cores, 25,000 Credits. Mastery Rank 5+ Only. Duration: 72 hours.

These will both be Crossfire Exterminate missions, should you wish you make Arsenal preparations!

Thank you for your patience, and stay tuned for these Alerts tomorrow!

How about we have these sweetie core per week <3

the NEED TODAY argument is silly, you don't need to do anything, it's a game. Doesn't mean that players should have to grind so god damn much for cores.

I don't buy the 'just wait until DE fixes everything' because DE has given me no reason to trust them to add endgame content or fix the current grind. 2014 was the 'year of the endgame' and we got no endgame. Also, even if they add actual content for veteran players later, that is still no excuse to increase grind by reducing the change to get always needed cores. Those changes are not mutually exclusive.

There is a need to 'bash DE'(complaining about bad changes is not bashing) because we, the consumers of a product DE is selling to us, have full right to tell them when they screwed. You may not feel like they have, but plenty of people do, and the many threads complaining about those R5 changes are proof of that.

We shouldn't be glad that they are trying to 'add mixture and avoid repetition' because that is exactly what those changes added. Repetition. We don't need a hundred nodes with equally poor rewards that people need to run thousands of times to get the cores(and only the cores) to max a mod. The way the game is set up, we only need one place. We had it, T4S.

We need one good mission type for keys, one good mission type for cores, one good mission type for credits. Not all mission types being below average for everything.

If people felt like their farming was efficient they wouldn't complain. If you're playing warframe you're alright with doing the same mission over and over again, as long as you can feel like you're getting properly rewarded for that. Right now, you're not. That's the whole issue. There's no 'balance' in just plain reducing the chance of getting cores. It's just bad for all players.

• Upvote 11

i cant really take that credit reward seriously.....

I didn't even see the credit reward. Reminds me of the 'high value alerts' for the xbone(iirc) a month or so ago.

• Upvote 1

People be like "Guys! It's okay to grind the same boring 10mins sh*t over and over without pauses! Why no pause? Isn't that something good for the game? I'm so excited to finish everything in the game too like you veterans and finally do that 10mins waiting game for hours and hours everyday to max my primed mods!"

People be like "Guys! It's okay to grind the same boring 10mins sh*t over and over without pauses! Why no pause? Isn't that something good for the game? I'm so excited to finish everything in the game too like you veterans and finally do that 10mins waiting game for hours and hours everyday to max my primed mods!"

Even at 5 runs a day, for 40 days is a bit much to max a single mod.

• Upvote 5

This post gives me the happy tingles in every part of my Warframe, even my lost, but dearly missed mustaches..... UPVOTES!!!

I don't mean to be rude, but this isn't going to make the problem go away. It still takes 500+ R5s to max out a Primed mod and you guys still keep pumping them out. Please revert the changes or make the R5 bundles have an increased chance of like 65% or something along those lines.

• Upvote 1

the NEED TODAY argument is silly, you don't need to do anything, it's a game. Doesn't mean that players should have to grind so god damn much for cores.

I don't buy the 'just wait until DE fixes everything' because DE has given me no reason to trust them to add endgame content or fix the current grind. 2014 was the 'year of the endgame' and we got no endgame. Also, even if they add actual content for veteran players later, that is still no excuse to increase grind by reducing the change to get always needed cores. Those changes are not mutually exclusive.

There is a need to 'bash DE'(complaining about bad changes is not bashing) because we, the consumers of a product DE is selling to us, have full right to tell them when they screwed. You may not feel like they have, but plenty of people do, and the many threads complaining about those R5 changes are proof of that.

We shouldn't be glad that they are trying to 'add mixture and avoid repetition' because that is exactly what those changes added. Repetition. We don't need a hundred nodes with equally poor rewards that people need to run thousands of times to get the cores(and only the cores) to max a mod. The way the game is set up, we only need one place. We had it, T4S.

We need one good mission type for keys, one good mission type for cores, one good mission type for credits. Not all mission types being below average for everything.

If people felt like their farming was efficient they wouldn't complain. If you're playing warframe you're alright with doing the same mission over and over again, as long as you can feel like you're getting properly rewarded for that. Right now, you're not. That's the whole issue. There's no 'balance' in just plain reducing the chance of getting cores. It's just bad for all players.

- "you don't need to do anything, it's a game. Doesn't mean that players should have to grind so god damn much for cores".

.. you dont need to do anything. its a game... that includes grind so god damn much for cores.

- increase grind by reducing the change to get always needed cores. Those changes are not mutually exclusive.

They are not increasing the grind, they are puting it back were it was before T4s became the king of midas for R5´s. And we are still getting more cores than we used to pre T4s.

- consumers of a product DE is selling to us

i dont remember having to pay to play... at all. if anything, your statement would only apply to cosmetics, which is not the isseue at hand.

Also, i still believe those complains are empty. and that our claims should be towards more playable content, not equipable gear we use to play said playable conentet.

- There's no 'balance' in just plain reducing the chance of getting cores. It's just bad for all players.

ok, read that again and  tell me you are joking. The balance comes from not giving the player the chance to burn through stuff in 1 week. To give the player long term goals. T4s was the only place you could get that crazy amount of cores. now its not, and no place should ever be. cos its a game, you dont need do anything, not even grind so god damn much for cores.

• Upvote 8

- "you don't need to do anything, it's a game. Doesn't mean that players should have to grind so god damn much for cores".

.. you dont need to do anything. its a game... that includes grind so god damn much for cores.

- increase grind by reducing the change to get always needed cores. Those changes are not mutually exclusive.

They are not increasing the grind, they are puting it back were it was before T4s became the king of midas for R5´s. And we are still getting more cores than we used to pre T4s.

- consumers of a product DE is selling to us

i dont remember having to pay to play... at all. if anything, your statement would only apply to cosmetics, which is not the isseue at hand.

Also, i still believe those complains are empty. and that our claims should be towards more playable content, not equipable gear we use to play said playable conentet.

- There's no 'balance' in just plain reducing the chance of getting cores. It's just bad for all players.

ok, read that again and  tell me you are joking. The balance comes from not giving the player the chance to burn through stuff in 1 week. To give the player long term goals. T4s was the only place you could get that crazy amount of cores. now its not, and no place should ever be. cos its a game, you dont need do anything, not even grind so god damn much for cores.

-.. you dont need to do anything. its a game... that includes grind so god damn much for cores.

sure, which is why I'm not grinding for cores anymore. It isn't fun or rewarding. Nothing in this game is, it's part of my point.

- They are not increasing the grind, they are puting it back were it was before T4s became the king of midas for R5´s. And we are still getting more cores than we used to pre T4s.

The core grind is increased. This is objectively true. Where once you had a 77% chance of getting a pack of cores, now you have 25%. Doesn't matter if you have dozens of nodes to grind that on, you can't play all of them at the same time, so the grind has increased.

-i dont remember having to pay to play... at all. if anything, your statement would only apply to cosmetics, which is not the isseue at hand.

Sure, the game is free to play, but it is still a product and DE is still trying to sell us things within that product. You buy those things if you feel like you're enjoying your time in the game. Right now, I'm not, at all. I paid ten dollars for a single hat in team fortress 2 once. I doubt I'll ever spend a single cent in this game the way it stands right now.

-ok, read that again and  tell me you are joking. The balance comes from not giving the player the chance to burn through stuff in 1 week. To give the player long term goals.

Even in its previous state you could hardly 'blow through stuff in 1 week' because there was no 'stuff' to blow through. Maxing mods is not 'stuff'. People don't want to set it as a long term goal because it isn't. The 'stuff' was getting that particular bit of grind out of the way while we waited for actual content from DE. Now that shred of not-content is ridiculously harder to complete people think it's endgame and justify these actions with that in mind. I haven't maxed all prime mods, I don't intend on ever doing it, but it's still awful that they increased the grind for rare cores, because there's no reason to. It's DE just giving up and confirming that that is all there is to this game, and maybe if they stretch it incredibly thin people will look at it and think of it as a 'goal' rather than a nuisance.

I'm not sure if you should bother continuing this discussion. I'm not one to 'flee' from one(I think some other users are aware of that) but I'm getting really tired of trying to convince people not to just blindly accept those terrible changes DE shovels out every week by imagining Warframe to be a game it isn't. If you have a response, go ahead and post it, but I'm weary of these discussions, since I tend to get into a lot of those every week.

Edited by Halser
  • Upvote 8

-snip-

I'm not sure if you should bother continuing this discussion. I'm not one to 'flee' from one(I think some other users are aware of that) but I'm getting really tired of trying to convince people not to just blindly accept those terrible changes DE shovels out every week by imagining Warframe to be a game it isn't. If you have a response, go ahead and post it, but I'm weary of these discussions, since I tend to get into a lot of those every week.

ok then, lets just call it a day. no need to mantain this discussion any further. i dont blindly accept whatever DE decides to change every week. im still super mad at a few things, but i guess im more patient than others. the truth is, and both agree, that need of more end game content is absolutely unavoidable. greetings tenno, i hope it all ends up with you playing warframe with joy and  for many years to come.

• Upvote 2

You are not forced to max 'em all. There is no really a good reason to do this.

I don't max my mods I only usually level them to about rank 8 or 9 maybe. But with the way that prime mods are coming out I was forced to be in the void, now I'm forced to spend double maybe triple the time on missions I get to choose. I don't have this crazy amount of time.

• Upvote 4

That helps, I think, but doesn't address the root of the problem.

Thank you, though. It is appreciated.

The impression I'm getting overall is that things also won't be targeted toward 'Maxing Primed Mods in a day'. It took me a looooooooooong time to Max my Serration which isn't even a Primed Mod. I also had many other Warframes/bosses/etc to kill so it wasn't an acutely obvious time sink. When all goals are complete and all that's left to do is Max that Mod, then we have a tier of player who becomes very sensitive to this change because it is their only goal; the goalpost has moved but the grass is staying the same. So say we change the grass and add multiple paths to the goalpast, running there still can get tiring when there are no other players on the field.

I don't think anyone wants to actually max primed mods in a day.

But I don't think it's too much to ask to be able to max them in a month of casual play.

• Upvote 2

glad I logged on to see this thread...50 cores reward is literally 1/2 the amount I have recieved over 6 months worth of play time....lol.

Anyways, so sad....d3 season 2 opens same day. Guess I better do these missions quick like a bunny. :)