Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help Continue To Fix Nyx... (These Are All Comments Now)

Deaths.Reap3r

One of the problems I have with absorb is that its slow, but that of course is to take in damage. What usually happens for me is that when I try to use absorb, my allies usually end up killing all the targets before I release the damage. I'd like to see absorb have less time to take in damage, but damage taken in is doubled before being released, dealing the same amount of damage absorb would normally do, in half the time.

idk what to say but id rather keeping it as it is .. but play with your friends and clan mates and tell them to boost your Absorb so instead killing the nemies , Giving you More Damage !! Sounds good ?? i really fount it awesome when 3 of ur friends  shot at you =D  i hope it  will get fixed as we mentioned in this thread ! thats not a big deal to fix  ( the time )  so just make what  i told u and u  wont regret !!

Someone mentioned increasing Psyhic Bolts damage because it "deals too little damage per power cost"... that's kinda ridiculous, isn't it? Fully upgraded Psyhic Bolts deal 125 damage per bolt and you throw 5 bolts at a time. Even more, it deals 300 percent damage to light infested (375 damage per bolt). Per bolt you hit for more than couple of sprays from Burston.

If you are melee type like me, Nyx is ideal.  Aside from Psyhic Bolts, the rest of her abilities are fairly close range. I can hit bosses for 625 damage per shot and since i have over 200 energy for now, I can hit the boss 4x625= 2500 damage in 5 seconds. If the opponents happen to be a swarm of light infested, I can clear the room in seconds. If there was a light infested boss, I'd hit 7500 damage, probably killing the boss before before anyone else gets a shot at it.

For you .... even Scott ( 1 of the developers ) said that Nyx need a fix ESPECIALLY DAGGERS !! Whats wrong woth you .... i DISAGREE !!!

just Fix the daggers as the thread says . that will be great !

Just some ideas that i thought of for the abilities:

1) Mind Control

When the target is under your control, it should deal 25, 50, 75 or 100% more damage (depending on rank). Also, when the effect wears of, it would be kinda cool if the target then has some form of "Mind Blast" made on it, dealing heavy damage to it. Then, if a target is immune to the Mind Control (like Bosses), it would simply do the Mind Blast damage instantly

I'd also like if ALL warframe abilities would be affected by Reach, Focus and Continuity in some way. Here are my ideas for that:

Focus - Increases the damage of the Mind Blast (and maybe also boost the damage-bonus the target gets?)

Continuity - Increases the duration, naturally

Reach - Increases the range of the cast

2) Psychic Bolts.

First, I'd rename them into Psycich Orbs. Secondly, i would make them function very differently: When activated, the orbs are simply oribtting around you in a circle. Then, when you AIM (Right mouse button), the orbs flies in a non-linear fashion towards the target point, giving you total control of where the orbs go! When you stop aiming, the orbs (if not destroyed yet) will go back to you and start spinning around you again.

The duration how long they are summoned should be quite a long time (Like half a minute or so?). When the duration is out, they could simply just disappear, or they could be shot out in random directions.

I'd also make the Psychic Bolts go through walls (or at least, not be destroyed if they hit the environment). If an orb touches an enemy, wether they are spinning around you or being guided with your aim, the said orb will be detonated and damage the target as normal, but should also stun the hit target (Could have the "blind" animation, like with Radial Blind, but the little smokepuff at their heads could have a different colour, like Green, just like the orbs themselves).

The orbs should deal nice damage and be unable to headshot (since they affect the target's psyche anyway). Should also completely ignore amor of course.

Now how the mods affect it:

Continuity: Increases the duration of the stun the orbs cause and for how long the orbs will be in your control

Focus: Increases the damage of the orbs

Reach: Increases the sizes of the orbs, making them easier to hit with (Their base size should of course also be increased).

3) Chaos

I'd simply add this: When targets are under the effect of Chaos, they should deal a bit more damage, but only if the attack is towards other enemies (not towards your Tenno allies). The increase doesn't have to be much, i was just thinking of 5, 10, 15 and 20% more damage for each rank respectively.

Reach: Increases the area of effect

Continuity: Increases the effect duration

Focus: Increases the damage-bonus the affected targets get

4) Absorb

As mentioned before, the Absorb should indeed taunt nearby enemies and the sentinel should be unable to cloak you. That said, here are some more ideas:

If there are any targets under the effect of Chaos and/or Mind Control, they should IMMEDIATELY focus on you. That gives Absorb a nice synergy with these abliites due to the suggested damage bonuses these enemies get during their respective effects!

In addition, if you have Psychic Orbs summoned they should immediately start travelling back to you and (if they manage to hit your absorb-shield before the Absorb effect is over) should be absorbed by your ... well, Absorb :D

This gives you the ability to grant your Absorb-explosion some base damage to it, made especially easy with my suggestion of having the Psychic Orbs floating around you when activated

Reach: Increases the range of the explosion (and maybe the taunting area?)

Continuity: Increases the duration for how long your Absorb shield is active

Focus: Amplifies the damage of your Absorb-explosion by said percent!

Now how does all that sound to you, fellow Warframers? :D

Edited by Azamagon

First i wont Quote all your post cuz i dont need another wall of text xD

2nd .. look ur imagination is Fantastic but .. i dont agree with the Physice bolts .. just make them faster and deal more damage and completely ignores armor and make them go through Walls CUZ 

(( Nyx is all around Energy Frame .. Mind control affect the energy of the target's mind so he become an ally - even chaos affect the enemies Minds , so the " daggers" should be made of energy and energy go through walls nothing stops it .. even absorb must go through walls  for the same Reason .. i think almost every 1 wont understand this point but ... Going Through walls is a MUST !! )))

PS : am very sorry about my bad bad english just try to catch the idea !!

Edited by o_HiTMaN_o

Just some ideas that i thought of for the abilities:

1) Mind Control

When the target is under your control, it should deal 25, 50, 75 or 100% more damage (depending on rank). Also, when the effect wears of, it would be kinda cool if the target then has some form of "Mind Blast" made on it, dealing heavy damage to it. Then, if a target is immune to the Mind Control (like Bosses), it would simply do the Mind Blast damage instantly

I'd also like if ALL warframe abilities would be affected by Reach, Focus and Continuity in some way. Here are my ideas for that:

Focus - Increases the damage of the Mind Blast (and maybe also boost the damage-bonus the target gets?)

Continuity - Increases the duration, naturally

Reach - Increases the range of the cast

2) Psychic Bolts.

First, I'd rename them into Psycich Orbs. Secondly, i would make them function very differently: When activated, the orbs are simply oribtting around you in a circle. Then, when you AIM (Right mouse button), the orbs flies in a non-linear fashion towards the target point, giving you total control of where the orbs go! When you stop aiming, the orbs (if not destroyed yet) will go back to you and start spinning around you again.

The duration how long they are summoned should be quite a long time (Like half a minute or so?). When the duration is out, they could simply just disappear, or they could be shot out in random directions.

I'd also make the Psychic Bolts go through walls (or at least, not be destroyed if they hit the environment). If an orb touches an enemy, wether they are spinning around you or being guided with your aim, the said orb will be detonated and damage the target as normal, but should also stun the hit target (Could have the "blind" animation, like with Radial Blind, but the little smokepuff at their heads could have a different colour, like Green, just like the orbs themselves).

The orbs should deal nice damage and be unable to headshot (since they affect the target's psyche anyway). Should also completely ignore amor of course.

Continuity: Increases the duration of the stun the orbs cause and for how long the orbs will be in your control

Focus: Increases the damage of the orbs

Reach: Increases the sizes of the orbs, making them easier to hit with (Their base size should of course also be increased).

3) Chaos

I'd simply add this: When targets are under the effect of Chaos, they should deal a bit more damage, but only if the attack is towards other enemies (not towards your Tenno allies). The increase doesn't have to be much, i was just thinking of 5, 10, 15 and 20% more damage for each rank respectively.

Reach: Increases the area of effect

Continuity: Increases the effect duration

Focus: Increases the damage-bonus the affected targets get

4) Absorb

As mentioned before, the Absorb should indeed taunt nearby enemies and the sentinel should be unable to cloak you. That said, here are some more ideas:

If there are any targets under the effect of Chaos and/or Mind Control, they should IMMEDIATELY focus on you. That gives Absorb a nice synergy with these abliites due to the suggested damage bonuses these enemies get during their respective effects!

In addition, if you have Psychic Orbs summoned they should immediately start travelling back to you and (if they manage to hit your absorb-shield before the Absorb effect is over) should be absorbed by your ... well, Absorb :D

This gives you the ability to grant your Absorb-explosion some base damage to it, made especially easy with my suggestion of having the Psychic Orbs floating around you when activated

Reach: Increases the range of the explosion (and maybe the taunting area?)

Continuity: Increases the duration for how long your Absorb shield is active

Focus: Amplifies the damage of your Absorb-explosion by said percent!

hmm dont know if it wasnt a little bit to hard if the orbs would stun but  your ideas are  soooo fuckin awesome especially the synergy between the abilities...would rlyl ove to see that

hmm dont know if it wasnt a little bit to hard if the orbs would stun but  your ideas are  soooo fuckin awesome especially the synergy between the abilities...would rlyl ove to see that

Heh thanks ^^

I'm always all about synergy when it comes to abilities!

Also, all abilities should have a function on top of just dealing damage so that, even if the affected target is highly resistant to the damage or whatever, you always have at least some utility with your ability. Otherwise, your regular weapons when highly modded might always be better to use for damaging purposes rather if an ability only has damage to provide, which thus would make that ability become sorta useless at that point. That's why i suggested a stun (although, could be a very short stun, doesn't matter) for the Psychic Orbs so they are more than just a purely damaging ability :)

Heh thanks ^^

I'm always all about synergy when it comes to abilities!

Also, all abilities should have a function on top of just dealing damage so that, even if the affected target is highly resistant to the damage or whatever, you always have at least some utility with your ability. Otherwise, your regular weapons when highly modded might always be better to use for damaging purposes rather if an ability only has damage to provide, which thus would make that ability become sorta useless at that point. That's why i suggested a stun (although, could be a very short stun, doesn't matter) for the Psychic Orbs so they are more than just a purely damaging ability :)

Hehe !! nice bro !!

The idea to have Absorb only taunt enemies affected by Mind Control or Chaos is pure genius.

Also, I've noticed that if Psychic shards hits an enemy and doesn't kill them, that enemy glows green for a while.

Perhaps this should also tag them for the 'taunt' effect?

This could be exactly what Nyx needs to make Absorb useful. Then if the damage went through walls like most other Uber abilities, it'd be perfect.

The idea to have Absorb only taunt enemies affected by Mind Control or Chaos is pure genius.

Also, I've noticed that if Psychic shards hits an enemy and doesn't kill them, that enemy glows green for a while.

This could be exactly what Nyx needs to make Absorb useful. Then if the damage went through walls like most other Uber abilities, it'd be perfect.

Please Guys can anyone explain what Taunt means ... Aggro ?? 

and BTW  Going through walls is a MUST !! in all abilities except MIND CONTROL !!

Well i didn't mean that it would ONLY affect those targets, just that these targets would attack you, no matter what else they were doing. All other non-mind controlled/chaos'd targets can still be taunted, but they might not be 100% reliable, if not withint taunting range etc.

Well i didn't mean that it would ONLY affect those targets, just that these targets would attack you, no matter what else they were doing. All other non-mind controlled/chaos'd targets can still be taunted, but they might not be 100% reliable, if not withint taunting range etc.

i think all enmeis will be shooting at you no matter if they are under ur abilites .. thats waaaay BETTER ! add aggro and everybody shot at you .. perfect and simple

Edited by o_HiTMaN_o

Please Guys can anyone explain what Taunt means ... Aggro ?? 

and BTW  Going through walls is a MUST !! in all abilities except MIND CONTROL !!

Taunt is pretty much aggro, yah.

Its just getting them aggro'd on you.

And I agree, taunt and going through walls and fixing the shade is a must. It should be the first thing they do.

Taunt is pretty much aggro, yah.

Its just getting them aggro'd on you.

And I agree, taunt and going through walls and fixing the shade is a must. It should be the first thing they do.

Thanks 

BTW : Sir Do you think the changes for Nix will arrive with update 8 ?? or on next friday with the Hotfixes ?? 

thanks again ^_^

Please Developers Take this Thread to the Table od discusion !!

its ana amazing Thread and If u Saw taht just post a comment telling us " ok we checked it out " or anything like that

Please so i can sleep well tonight !!!

al the Time Thinking about Nyx abilites

Please Devs do it !!

I love the Nyx frame, she's awesome.  Everyone knows she's squishy, but did anyone notice her getting much more squishy over the last couple days? I don't know if it's just me, but I just loaded her up on Steel Fiber and Fast Deflection and I friggin swear she got MORE squishy proportional to the armor I just added to her! This needs to be fixed. At the very least, make her slightly less squishy.  Also, yes, bolts through walls and shade should work with Absorb, I mean, c'mon!  It's supposed to be a realitively well programmed robotic pet, right?  It should know that your ability is going to be an attack and not cloak you, that simple. Absorb should draw enemy attention more. I don't know if this is a thing, but I suddenly can't seem to Chaos when jumping through a crowd anymore. i just almost got owned by the Grineer when I had to stop running and jumping, land, wait for a second in the midst of a massive group, then cast it.  Weird. Nyx is the best. It's loike we were made for each other. Please Fix Nyx!