Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help Continue To Fix Nyx... (These Are All Comments Now)

Deaths.Reap3r

When I was playing Nyx, I only ever slotted MC (used mostly as a cheap single target stun) and Chaos.

Like most frames, she seems to have some dross mixed in with the good stuff.

P.S. Loki is a damn sight more fun than I thought he'd be :P

so again my question,

why do you all want a fix for a frame that is not broken?

Because nyx is not the killing machine you want her to be?

Nyx is more in the supporting role relying on weapons to do damage.

This works fine in my eyes...

you could say she has 2 abilities that are useless but thats not quite correct

she has 2 abilities that are barely used like most other frames...

Also I think Chaos is bit too strong to be the 3rd ability maybe change 3rd and 4th...

And Chaos is too strong in general (if you ever played infested defense you'll know what I mean), this could be fixed if the tenno that attacks an enemy under chaos automatically drags his attention...

Atm theres no Situation nyx can't handle using either MC or Chaos. Have been doing things with this fame, most other frames can't even think of...

so again my question,

Also I think Chaos is bit too strong to be the 3rd ability maybe change 3rd and 4th...

And Chaos is too strong in general (if you ever played infested defense you'll know what I mean), this could be fixed if the tenno that attacks an enemy under chaos automatically drags his attention...

Atm theres no Situation nyx can't handle using either MC or Chaos. Have been doing things with this fame, most other frames can't even think of...

So, if 1, just 1 ability is good and works properly then that means a frame is working as intended?

Are you kidding me?

Im just trying to make it so that the other abilitys are actually used in the game other than just chaos...

I have never come into a scenario where i needed to use mind control. EVER. Its always only chaos.

So, if 1, just 1 ability is good and works properly then that means a frame is working as intended?

Are you kidding me?

Im just trying to make it so that the other abilitys are actually used in the game other than just chaos...

I have never come into a scenario where i needed to use mind control. EVER. Its always only chaos.

I actually do use Mind control quite a lot. It's a very nice ability. Especially nullifies the damage from poison Ancients and damages nearby enemies instead xD. Also very useful to stun bosses.

Edited by R3leaZ

I actually do use Mind control quite a lot. It's a very nice ability. Especially nullifies the damage from poison Ancients and damages nearby enemies instead xD. Also very useful to stun bosses.

Fine! 2 good abilities. That still doesnt make it good...

so again my question,

disagree

Every single frame with only one or two decent abilities needs to be seriously fixed (of course, there's also Mag, who is just awful all around...). This topic is about one of them. No one is making any exceptions over Rhino, Frost, Banshee, Volt, Mag, or Trinity*.

If your frame only uses one or two abilities, it doesn't matter how effective the frame actually is, the gameplay quickly becomes stale.

Back when Iron Skin was top dog, Rhino was the best frame in the game, and he could handle anything that the game threw his way. That did not stop him from being painfully boring to actually play.

*Although Trinity's skillset isn't exactly one dimensional, it is in need of considerable rework in its current state.

Edited by Kiteless

Well, well, well.... You guys wouldn't believe what happened. I was talking with DERebecca on warframe and I asked what her favourite frame was. Guess what she said? Ember? No. Trinity? No. Banshee? No. Excal? No. Nyx... Yes. Her favourite frame is Nyx. When I found out, i realized this was the perfect opportunity for me to saying something about nyx. So I said, me too! And I said "but I think absorb might need some work", and she was like, "I love absorb", and then I said " Me too! The concept is great, although I think absorb might needs some sort of taunt, because its really annoying when i just put absorb and the enemies are taking cover and absorb doesn't get affected."

And you guys... You guys wont believe her answer.

She said.

"haha oh good point."

... My life is complete. and I started having seizures.

I love you DE.

I was even thinking a change for Absorb is if you didn't absorb enough damage, say only 50 points of damage you would release a knockback explosion or something. No damage but at least it doesn't leave you surrounded by enemies. Still, I think the taunt addition would work the best.

I play Nyx a lot and the only problems I have are absorb and psychic bolts.

Absorb just needs a taunt to be viable

Psychic bolts is a damage ability while the rest of Nyx's abilities are based more on control, so a problem with it is that many will not see a reason to waste a focus mod. Aside from that most projectile skills are useless as your gun will do more DPS.

Mind control is literally fine. In fact it's one of the better 25 energy abilities. (of course most of the 25 abilities suck) Mind control is the only skill that will take an enemy of any level out of the fight. Not only that but the enemy absorbs some fire for you and possibly shoots enemies.

Edited by Tekkaman-Blade

Mind control is literally fine. In fact it's one of the better 25 energy abilities. (of course most of the 25 abilities suck) Mind control is the only skill that will take an enemy of any level out of the fight. Not only that but the enemy absorbs some fire for you and possibly shoots enemies.

I've always found Mind Control to be rather useless, sure it takes an enemy out of the equation for what, five seconds? Then you or one of your teammates guns it down. They should add a buff to the controlled unit like extra damage while mind controlled or a weak shield to allow them to survive even a little longer so they can kill something.

I've always found Mind Control to be rather useless, sure it takes an enemy out of the equation for what, five seconds? 

Say 23, and that'll be more correct. Without Continuity counted.

For 25 energy you get mobile decoy, which do damage and draw aggro. Throw it on Ancient/Corpus Tech/Heavy Gunner, and you can forget about that side of battlefield for half-minute.

Loki's decoy compared to Mind Control is just meh.

Edited by Khranitel

Say 23, and that'll be more correct. Without Continuity counted.

For 25 energy you get mobile decoy, which do damage and draw aggro. Throw it on Ancient/Corpus Tech/Heavy Gunner, and you can forget about that side of battlefield for half-minute.

Loki's decoy compared to Mind Control is just meh.

But I remember playing as loki before the reset. Loki's decoy actually draws enemies from far places.

Mind control just makes 1 single enemy a bullet sponge.