Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help Continue To Fix Nyx... (These Are All Comments Now)

Deaths.Reap3r

But I remember playing as loki before the reset. Loki's decoy actually draws enemies from far places.

Mind control just makes 1 single enemy a bullet sponge.

Yes, Loki's decoy aggros enemies but still. At higher levels it dies in very little hits while an Ancient or a heavy gunner would survive much longer and actually also do damage for you. Like especially when it's a Poison Ancient for example which's toxic aura would become completely safe for your teammates and quite destructive against infested. Also like I said in earlier posts: Mind-control inflicts good stun on bosses. 

Some wiki notes what MC does when you mindcontrol the respective enemy

• The heal pulse of Ancient Healers restores 100 Health to Nyx and her allies. It also restores health to the Cryopod.

Looks very useful especially during Defense missions when you are getting in a tight situation.

Did I mention it only costs 25 energy?

Most of the times these kinds of abilities are meant to be used creatively. You will need a creative mind. (MC only needs very little of it though)

Absorb is broken atm though. And psychic bolt costs too much for the little damage it does, better off using your primary or secondary and saving up your energy (and mod slot/points) for Mindcontrol or Chaos

Off-topic: Loki's Ultimate is useless imo. Since melee enemies inflict stagger which currently is one of the most annoying things in the game, sure you can go kite them but for 100 energy cost that ability really is useless... and in comparision to other ultimates.... (most of them 1 hit kill all enemies) it seems quite sad xD... atleast it 1 hit kills chargers... but the dismembering of runners and leapers which had them crawling on their bellies as a result in the past now does nothing anymore: They run with no arms and 1 leg LITTERALY RUN.

Edited by R3leaZ

Off-topic: Loki's Ultimate is useless imo. Since melee enemies inflict stagger which currently is one of the most annoying things in the game, sure you can go kite them but for 100 energy cost that ability really is useless... and in comparision to other ultimates.... (most of them 1 hit kill all enemies) it seems quite sad xD... atleast it 1 hit kills chargers... but the dismembering of runners and leapers which had them crawling on their bellies as a result in the past now does nothing anymore: They run with no arms and 1 leg LITTERALY RUN.

This is a Nyx thread! lol

This is a Nyx thread! lol

Read what is written there: Off-topic. It's isn't that hard ^^ only use your eyes.  It's easy right?

There was an argument which involved Loki in it. So that's why I used it to talk about something even more useless than some of Nyx's abilities lol.

Edited by R3leaZ

Read what is written there: Off-topic. It's isn't that hard ^^ only use your eyes.  It's easy right?

There was an argument which involved Loki in it. So that's why I used it to talk about something even more useless than some of Nyx's abilities lol.

Now its going off topic.

I was MIND Blown by Nyx. HAHAHAHHA... haha.ha. No.

(Used that to get on topic)

Edited by Deaths.Reap3r

Now its going off topic.

I was MIND Blown by Nyx. HAHAHAHHA... haha.ha. No.

(Used that to get on topic)

I was just saying that someone should read better and also read previous posts. Sure some of Nyx's abilities might be useless but other Warframes have that too. For example: Rhino's Stomp and Blast are both redundant, Loki's Ultimate is highly inferior in comparision to other Warframes (And at the same time being the most fragile Warframe in the game), Banshee's Silence is completely useless. Mag's shield polarize is lacking in power and becomes completely useless in higher levels, Trinity's Healing Well is redundant (Due to Blessing) and it is a lot better to spam Energy Vampire due to the cast animation from Trinity is bleedingly slow.

Not only Nyx can use a balance/fix you know? This game is still in Beta so people should have patience, I'm pretty sure every Warframe will get looked at eventually.

Edited by R3leaZ

If a product has been released to the public and they are taking money from customers for it, it's no longer beta. I hate that they still call if beta, that is totally inaccurate.

BTW is there anyway to search the forum for Nyx threads and posts? The word Nyx is too short to search for and a google site search doesn't work on the forums because you can't publicly get to the forum without logging in.

If a product has been released to the public and they are taking money from customers for it, it's no longer beta. I hate that they still call if beta, that is totally inaccurate.

BTW is there anyway to search the forum for Nyx threads and posts? The word Nyx is too short to search for and a google site search doesn't work on the forums because you can't publicly get to the forum without logging in.

Um Im pretty sure all f2p games, I mean all, have a money system. Is warframe pay2win? NO. You can get pretty much everything without paying other than @#&*s (opps that came out as slu*s) Slots* and colors. In almost all the f2p games Ive played, imo Warframe has the fairest marketing system, even if the plat prices might be a bit high.

Edited by Deaths.Reap3r

Say 23, and that'll be more correct. Without Continuity counted.

Heh, don't take my comment out of context. I said in my next sentence that the mind controlled unit last five seconds UNTIL you or one of your teammates kills it. I didn't say mind control itself only last for five seconds.

@Deaths.Reap3r

bro are they going to fix Nyx xD ?

and what about fixing something about Mind Control ... while u cast it , you are not immune to Dmg .. that what i noticed , even In PVP while casting the Ability .. they kill me !!!

and i really hope that in THE NEXT HOTFIX/PATCH bring all thie fixes in this Thread , PLEASE DE !

you asked us for more Specific Feedback about Nyx !!! its 3 or 4 weeks and we are talking about Nyx .. please Fix Her already !!

Edited by o_HiTMaN_o

They should fix Chaos while they're at it. A frame should not have a god tier ability that works in any situation against any enemy while the other 3 are useless.

Mind Control is now at least as good as Loki's decoy and Saryn's Molt as both their aggro ranks were reduced drastically, so there's an indirect buff for her.

Absorb needs some sort of damage multiplier and base damage dealt. The scaling shouldn't increase the time, but rather the scaling of the multiplier and perhaps some range.

Bolts just need to hit better and cost less. All the direct damage skills need work though, so they'll probably revisit this one.

Edited by Tryysaeder

and what about fixing something about Mind Control ... while u cast it , you are not immune to Dmg .. that what i noticed , even In PVP while casting the Ability .. they kill me !!!

the cast of MC takes what, about 3 seconds?

The enemy you cast it at is directly stunned and does not attack you (dunno about PvP because our dojo does not have an arena atm but the dev's also said that the focus of the game is PvE and they are not going to balance anything for PvP in the near future, I won't consider this as critical).

The game is far too easy when playing nyx atm. what do you need immunity for?

Like other people mensioned there are other frames that have similar problems...

Most frames have 2 abilities that are in good shape and are used often and other abilities that are used less often if ever.

Nyx is no exception in this...

Her abilities are not Broken, so she needs no fixing in this manner...

I agree, she could need a bit balancing, but thats a different Problem, as all Frames constantly need balancing...

Her Ulti is in the wrong position...

make Chaos her Ulti and also switch MC with the darts and she'll work fine as she is.

Leaving her with a really strong Ulti and as the darts now use less energy it will be more in the line with other frames abilities.

(Think it will be slightly more damage than frost with freeze but without the freeze ;))

I also agree, that absorb could need a taunt, but thats also a balancing topic and would be a huge buff for that ability.

My suggestion is, changing the positions of the skills and therefor the energy costs

1. Darts (25 Energy)

2. MC (50 Energy)

3. Absorb (75 Energy)

4. Chaos (100 Energy)

Look how this works and then looking to balance other things on this frame...

so now you can downvote me again Hitman ;)

mindcontrol is incredibly useful. buffing it would make it overpowered.

It is not useless at all. Of course, if you control an enemy and every one of your team starts to attack just this unit,... well yeah. MC doesn't need to be buffed, sometimes it is better the community adepts their playstyle to their lineup in the battle. 

This would make it worse; the only abilites used would still be MC and Chaos, but then with higher costs.

Edited by Apriori

This would make it worse; the only abilites used would still be MC and Chaos, but then with higher costs.

adjusting the energy costs is part of the balancing...

I agreed, that the energy cost of the darts are too high for the effect...

So lowering it would encourage people to use them more often...

Most 25 Energy skills are useless on higher waves because they don't do enough damage...

So all Frames have the problem, that their first ability becomes useless at a specific point (atm just in defense).

That doesn't mean that it should be useless in normal missions...

Last time I tried the Darts I was able to kill a lvl25 greneer with them (but maybe they changed this) have to retry this :)

in switching this 2 abilities you would achieve 2 things, buff the Darts by consuming less energy and nerv MC (as imho it is a bit too strong for a 25 energy ability)

same goes for Chaos and Absorb.

I agree, absorb needs a taunt to be useful in multiplayer, but this taunt should not stick the enemy to you.

Other players should be able to catch the enemys attention by shooting at them ;)

I've got some more ideas for you.

Perhaps it could be made so that Mind Control forced a single target (or several in a small AoE around the initial target) follow your crosshairs for a short duration without protest.

"But that's useless!" you say.

Truly, it is... until they fix stealth! Then this skill becomes the most effective way of getting around heavier enemies which are otherwise too difficult to take out quickly. It's also rather ninja-esque. Nyx, hiding from the shadows uses her ninja powers of influence to infiltrate a location without arousing any suspicion. (Banshee has a semi-useless except for stealth skill.)

I'm also in the camp that thinks Mind Bullets Psychic Darts could stand to be cheapened considering what it does.

Chaos should be worked into something more... useful. I can't think of a good tweak that doesn't involve writing up an entirely new skill though. 

Absorb is a very nice uber, the only thing it needs is the ability to go through walls, and a bit of agro pull. Just imagine confused enemies shooting at the seemingly vulnerable space ninja.

I've got some more ideas for you.

Perhaps it could be made so that Mind Control forced a single target (or several in a small AoE around the initial target) follow your crosshairs for a short duration without protest.

I like that idea a lot, but would make a little change.

Would be nice if you could set them a waypoint they would go to instead of slowly following you if they have nothing to do...

Edited by HeatHunter

I love my Nyx, but I have zero reason to equip Psychic Bolts or Absorb.

So do I,

in fact I'm planning to polarize these slots to give me more mod-space :)

But for all, that want to use more abilities, they should get balanced a bit ;)

ABSORB

Absorb is not underpowered, your just not happy enough with its output. It has done massive damage every time i used it and seen someone else use. I got many friends who have ranked and used forma on their Nyx to make them even stronger. Even if it delt only 50% of all the damage absorbed, it would be allot. Imagine your self on high level stages where each enemy can kill you with 3 direct bursts then have about 30 enemies shooting you at the same time. Its not just unnecessary, its also unfair with other classes that have a damage ult.

It does absorb damage from melee.

Making it go through walls and other obstructions is also out of question. ITs a matter of Realism followed by strategy, Enemies have the inteligence to seek cover and avoid being hit just as would you if you were to be struck by a blast of energy and you have the job to pre determine a spot that would make your attack more effective.

About the Taunt, i agree that enemies should focus their attacks on Nyx but having the shots drawn would make Mag`s Bullet Attractor useless and having it draw teammate`s attacks would be equally unfair. It would be more Wise for the game designers to allow Mag to place the Bullet Attractor on a Nyx wile Absorb is active for making a combo and having the skill wear out when the blast comes out.

As for the Sentinel, Nyx is not the kind of Warframe that should wonder around stealthly so get your self a Wyrm or DethCube when using her.

PSYCHIC BOLTS

Another out of question...

If you have problems with the Cost, get Streamline at max rank.

Going through walls would give Nyx too much advantage on the battlefield since it would continue seeking the target even if he dodged it and would be very unfair with the new duel systems.

Making enemies explode and possibly cause a chain reaction is something for an Ult skill so Absorb would have to be removed.

MIND CONTROL

Your really obsessed with Thunderbolt...

As it is, Mind control would be fine for me but maybe having the target be more cooperative would be good. Instead of wondering around almost aimlessly, it should follow you around and attack what you attack instead of targeting a random nearby foe. Also, to make it more intresting, add a over time damage to the controlled target to make it easyer to kill after the effect has passed or to limite the number of times it can be controled.

THE END

So basicly your asking to OP for free a Warframe you like that is already powerful as it is. If you want to make your Nyx stronger, get good mods and use Forma.

the cast of MC takes what, about 3 seconds?

The enemy you cast it at is directly stunned and does not attack you (dunno about PvP because our dojo does not have an arena atm but the dev's also said that the focus of the game is PvE and they are not going to balance anything for PvP in the near future, I won't consider this as critical).

The game is far too easy when playing nyx atm. what do you need immunity for?

Like other people mensioned there are other frames that have similar problems...

Most frames have 2 abilities that are in good shape and are used often and other abilities that are used less often if ever.

Nyx is no exception in this...

Her abilities are not Broken, so she needs no fixing in this manner...

I agree, she could need a bit balancing, but thats a different Problem, as all Frames constantly need balancing...

Her Ulti is in the wrong position...

make Chaos her Ulti and also switch MC with the darts and she'll work fine as she is.

Leaving her with a really strong Ulti and as the darts now use less energy it will be more in the line with other frames abilities.

(Think it will be slightly more damage than frost with freeze but without the freeze ;))

I also agree, that absorb could need a taunt, but thats also a balancing topic and would be a huge buff for that ability.

My suggestion is, changing the positions of the skills and therefor the energy costs

1. Darts (25 Energy)

2. MC (50 Energy)

3. Absorb (75 Energy)

4. Chaos (100 Energy)

Look how this works and then looking to balance other things on this frame...

so now you can downvote me again Hitman ;)

I posted a similar gripe recently, my Nyx basically is crowd control if I can maintian the energy needed to spam chaos and otherwisde useless. I stoppe dusing shade with ym nyx and switched to dethcube and even then I need to run ahead of my squad and risk being knocked down and killed just to pop absorb. Some will say you can make your Nyx tankier which you can by sacrificing mod slots that could be used for flow, streamline and stretch. Basically nerfing your Nyx.

While we at it I don't see why mindcontrol has a time limit on it since you can only mindcontrol on creature at a time anyway. Why not make it permanenet and compel it to protect you until death then make levleing the mod contorl how far it can stray from you to attack an enemy. Right now I mostly use it as a kind of stun on infested ancients so we can kill them without them fighting back.

I forgot psychic bolts, even with focus I find them weak. Now that they have buffed Ash's shuriken I find utility in that. I onyl use psychic bolts right now when my long gun needs to relaod and I have already wekaened the enemy significantly.

If I have enough energy I go for chaos instead, if not and the enemy isn't already weakened I mindcontrol if its just one or run even if its only two.

Making it go through walls and other obstructions is also out of question. ITs a matter of Realism followed by strategy, Enemies have the inteligence to seek cover and avoid being hit just as would you if you were to be struck by a blast of energy and you have the job to pre determine a spot that would make your attack more effective.

About the Taunt, i agree that enemies should focus their attacks on Nyx but having the shots drawn would make Mag`s Bullet Attractor useless and having it draw teammate`s attacks would be equally unfair. It would be more Wise for the game designers to allow Mag to place the Bullet Attractor on a Nyx wile Absorb is active for making a combo and having the skill wear out when the blast comes out.

How is Absorb not going through walls realistic when there are a ton of other ults that do just that?

Correct me if i'm wrong but does the bubble not act like a bullet attractor? or do the enemies have to hit you directly in order for it to register?

Sure give mage to be able to place bullet attractor on teammates is a good idea for Nyx in Absorb mode and Rhino in Iron Skin but other than that it would end up being a "troll" ability. Also, from the amount of time that i've played (which isn't a lot compared to some) there has been very little teamwork or just none at all so even if ability combos between different warframes were to be a thing it wouldn't happen that often because the majority of people, from what i gathered, likes being a lone wolf.

Edited by ZekeTiki