Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help Continue To Fix Nyx... (These Are All Comments Now)

Deaths.Reap3r

and what about fixing something about Mind Control ... while u cast it , you are not immune to Dmg .. that what i noticed , even In PVP while casting the Ability .. they kill me !!!

You are not meant to be immune while casting anything. Look at Trinity for example ALL her abilities have tremendously slow cast time. You're meant to use them in a good position not while hugging a poison Ancient.

Edited by R3leaZ

You are not meant to be immune while casting anything. Look at Trinity for example ALL her abilities have tremendously slow cast time. You're meant to use them in a good position not while hugging a poison Ancient.

eh .. its you .. the one who made the main topic about Nerfing "IRON SKIN" << wont forget that BTW

and well sometimes u are in a bad situation that u must use the power .. so i CANT use it in great situation all the times !!

and dont tell me u arent Pro or you are a noob ffs .. cuz even you face alot of bad situations .. all of us do

and while i do it i got stuned by Grineer rollers or knocked down by Leapers or ancients .. so being immune to Dmg for 2 sec WONT MAKE NYX OP HUH ??

Edited by o_HiTMaN_o

eh .. its you .. the one who made the main topic about Nerfing "IRON SKIN" << wont forget that BTW

and well sometimes u are in a bad situation that u must use the power .. so i CANT use it in great situation all the times !!

and dont tell me u arent Pro or you are a noob ffs .. cuz even you face alot of bad situations .. all of us do

and while i do it i got stuned by Grineer rollers or knocked down by Leapers or ancients .. so being immune to Dmg for 2 sec WONT MAKE NYX OP HUH ??

-1 (to start our conversation)

but I'll give you a reason for this and will pick up some arguments ;)

1. MC seems to me like an instant cast...

The animation will take you 3 seconds but the effect is immediate as you cast it...

sure you shouldn't cast it when you're surrounded or swarmed (thats what Chaos or absorb is for)

MC is an effective single target stun and works fine even when you're not immune...

(Is there even an ability that grants invul for just 25 Energy?)

2. You don't have to make NYX OP, she is already (due to chaos)

3. Nerfing Iron Skin was needed and I go further and say Nerfing Nyx Chaos and Trinitys Link is also needed. Otherwise this game will be "who hits the Invul Button Wins"

Off topic:

I like it that they disabled the real downvote button, that way trolls don't have a platform ;)

I have a feel that they will nerf Chaos if they follow all of what OP suggested. They will balance buffs with nerfs.

I'd prefer to have Chaos as it is, with all they skills untouched, than to have a Nyx with all average skills.

Please, don't touch Nyx if that means a nerf to Chaos or Mind Control.

-1 (to start our conversation)

but I'll give you a reason for this and will pick up some arguments ;)

1. MC seems to me like an instant cast...

The animation will take you 3 seconds but the effect is immediate as you cast it...

sure you shouldn't cast it when you're surrounded or swarmed (thats what Chaos or absorb is for)

MC is an effective single target stun and works fine even when you're not immune...

(Is there even an ability that grants invul for just 25 Energy?)

2. You don't have to make NYX OP, she is already (due to chaos)

3. Nerfing Iron Skin was needed and I go further and say Nerfing Nyx Chaos and Trinitys Link is also needed. Otherwise this game will be "who hits the Invul Button Wins"

Off topic:

I like it that they disabled the real downvote button, that way trolls don't have a platform ;)

Bro ,first of all thank you

2nd I was mad for taht i downvoted you ..well and i think chaos is really great now .. it WAS OP !! like hell .. i can cast once per WAVE in deffesne .. and i win .. but now every 20 sec i cast it again... i got more than 300 energy so i can cast it more than once .. and i should look at my energy bar ..every once and while its great .. and i dont care about being Immune for 3 seconds ... it wont make difference .. if there is .. or if there isnt ..

and .. idk what to say but am sorry for the Childesh behavior .. lets keep the Discusion " Civil"

Peace Out

Sincerely

Hitman

Edited by o_HiTMaN_o

Bro ,first of all thank you

2nd I was mad for taht i downvoted you ..well and i think chaos is really great now .. it WAS OP !! like hell .. i can cast once per WAVE in deffesne .. and i win .. but now every 20 sec i cast it again... i got more than 300 energy so i can cast it more than once .. and i should look at my energy bar ..every once and while its great .. and i dont care about being Immune for 3 seconds ... it wont make difference .. if there is .. or if there isnt ..

and .. idk what to say but am sorry for the Childesh behavior .. lets keep the Discusion " Civil"

Peace Out

Sincerely

Hitman

glad we have a base for a real discussion now :)

I pushed Chaos to the limit by equipping

Continuity (don't know exactly if it affects the duration of Chaos but is also useful for MC)

Flow (450 Energy on my Nyx now)

Streamline (-30% energy cost ~53 energy for Chaos now)

Stretch (Reachs half the map now, except on the dam map)

with Energy Siphon equipped you will be able to cast it 10-11 times without picking up energy (when your pool is fully filled)

you can say that the skill itself does no damage, but thats not correct, in higher wave defenses (> 20) enemys do enough damage to each other then that it's not comparable to any other skill...

But thats all fine, the main Problem I see in this skill is that enemys tend to ignore you completely, you can fire 2-3 clips on them without even getting attention from them... (you can also easyly melee them without getting hit)

So theres some kind of aggro management missing when this ability is used...

They could fix this by just releasing the Chaos effect of the attacked enemy...

atm there's not much of a challenge for a nyx with high level equipment and mods except avoiding poison...

I do same build on my Nyx.

Chaos does increase the duration on Chaos though not as much as it does Mind Control.
Only problem with this is the enemies durability goes up with their damage in proportion so they don't die any faster as they get stronger.
Also spamming Chaos means while they fight each other you get no credit for the kills or damage they do only for what you personally inflict so it slows the rate at which you rank. Unless you are fighting infested that have to get close to attack you or you are just trying to run past the enemy to the objective you end up hunting them down.

Continuity (don't know exactly if it affects the duration of Chaos but is also useful for MC)

with Energy Siphon equipped you will be able to cast it 10-11 times without picking up energy (when your pool is fully filled)

I was talking about the main topic about Iron Skins nerf coming. Don't you think it was obvious that it would happen? So I was thinking of ideas how to balance it while they were going to nerf it. The nerf was obvious since I saw it coming since Closed Beta.

Wait, while you are not immune to damage you are immune to all forms of crowd control. Since if Trinity gets attacked while casting by rollers or a charging ancient you will only get damaged but not staggered.

Bad situations is what makes a game progressive. You will eventually need to learn how to deal with those kind of situations. You're not meant to have it easy like all the time. Normally my gameplay is fast and efficient, I shoot cameras always first in Corpus missions (and rage to people who ignore them lol), focus on high priority enemies and stuff but at the same time not going full-out guns blazing. I play mainly for fun but when I get in a bad situation I instantly switch to a more serious and defensive state: Retreating to prevent getting DPSed. And if I was careless and they locked me down then I will face the consequences: 1. Im lucky and somehow survive or 2. I die by getting swarmed.

A good player knows how to handle most bad situations since they learn from them eventually and tweak their tactics. But maybe Im just more experienced with those kind of situations since I used to play competitively in the past with a clan (real organized clan, not warframe kind of clans). In the end a player will need to improve, that's how a game works. Some players improve very fast while some almost make no progress at all.

And with your last sentence. EVERY warframe during a cast animation (example: Rhino casting his Iron Skin --> While casting he's still vulnerable but after casting his ability takes control) is not immune to damage. So if they would make 1 Warframe immune then everyone would scream for making this warframe immune during casting or that warframe. They already balanced it like this.

EDIT: I'm sorry if I made you angry or something. I'm was not meant to make you angry. Like with Iron Skin nerf, I was talking about the obvious nerf that was coming and how we should handle with balancing it. There were people for example who suggested a higher energy cost just like with Trinity's Link (75). If you noticed in that post I already told everyone "Rhino's Iron Skin was never meant to make you immune, it was just a makeshift ability" it was a temporary solution but they were surely going to take a look at it in the future and I wanted to address this to the community since I saw people still praising Iron Skin so much and I was wondering if they actually expected the nerf.

Edited by R3leaZ

I won't go into full discussion with my experience with Nyx. She definitely has her usefulness in certain areas. Currently I'm only trying to level the warframe as fast as possible and I find this to be rather difficult. Maybe a corpus defense mission would be best. Absorb is a great skill, but does nothing for me. If i run into hordes of enemies hoping to draw their fire... they ignore me even if I throw some shots in their faces before activating the skill. A small taunting mechanic would be nice, but it doesn't matter to me. They hide and don't bother shooting me even after hiding so I do almost no damage what so ever with it. So to the person that was saying Absorb is fine the way it is (BiancaPony)... I don't see how, but clearly I'm not using it properly.

My second complaint with Nyx is her psychic bolts. They move in such a ridiculous fashion that I almost never hit my intended target. Let alone even considering to use it in tight spaces. So to hit my intended target at the general proximity I create... I must aim slightly lower, say the enemies feet, to hit them like I want to. Even then sometimes they just hit the ground, so I need to practice that style a bit more. I'd like it better if that skill worked like the needles that phorid shoots. They seem so similar to me. I don't need the ridiculous power that phorids needles have, but the accuracy would be nice.

Overall I can't complain with how Nyx is. I don't dislike her and honestly I've never used MC to see how useful or efficient it is. My limited experience with the Warframe only lies with her other 3 skills and the experiences I've had with them.

I'd be down for a Nyx fix for sure.

And the idea that mind control could make you actually control units is ingenious.

Maybe you could even turn off alarms or hack consoles with it.

EH?

EH?

I'd be down for a Nyx fix for sure.

And the idea that mind control could make you actually control units is ingenious.

Maybe you could even turn off alarms or hack consoles with it.

EH?

EH?

Sounded good at first but then I thought about it and that kind of micromanagement might get to be a bit much. I would settle for compelling the enemy fight beside you and follow when you run until it dies.

glad we have a base for a real discussion now :)

I pushed Chaos to the limit by equipping

you can say that the skill itself does no damage, but thats not correct, in higher wave defenses (> 20) enemys do enough damage to each other then that it's not comparable to any other skill...

But thats all fine, the main Problem I see in this skill is that enemys tend to ignore you completely, you can fire 2-3 clips on them without even getting attention from them... (you can also easyly melee them without getting hit)

So theres some kind of aggro management missing when this ability is used...

They could fix this by just releasing the Chaos effect of the attacked enemy...

atm there's not much of a challenge for a nyx with high level equipment and mods except avoiding poison...

well i think i understand xD

u mean when there is Chaos and when i shot an enemy .. he is no more under chaos effect and he start shoting me as a normal one ? well thats maynot make changes cuz when enemeis are under Chaos efffect i shot them and they immedietly die .. so idk but its cool

I was talking about the main topic about Iron Skins nerf coming. Don't you think it was obvious that it would happen? So I was thinking of ideas how to balance it while they were going to nerf it. The nerf was obvious since I saw it coming since Closed Beta.

Wait, while you are not immune to damage you are immune to all forms of crowd control. Since if Trinity gets attacked while casting by rollers or a charging ancient you will only get damaged but not staggered.

Bad situations is what makes a game progressive. You will eventually need to learn how to deal with those kind of situations. You're not meant to have it easy like all the time. Normally my gameplay is fast and efficient, I shoot cameras always first in Corpus missions (and rage to people who ignore them lol), focus on high priority enemies and stuff but at the same time not going full-out guns blazing. I play mainly for fun but when I get in a bad situation I instantly switch to a more serious and defensive state: Retreating to prevent getting DPSed. And if I was careless and they locked me down then I will face the consequences: 1. Im lucky and somehow survive or 2. I die by getting swarmed.

A good player knows how to handle most bad situations since they learn from them eventually and tweak their tactics. But maybe Im just more experienced with those kind of situations since I used to play competitively in the past with a clan (real organized clan, not warframe kind of clans). In the end a player will need to improve, that's how a game works. Some players improve very fast while some almost make no progress at all.

And with your last sentence. EVERY warframe during a cast animation (example: Rhino casting his Iron Skin --> While casting he's still vulnerable but after casting his ability takes control) is not immune to damage. So if they would make 1 Warframe immune then everyone would scream for making this warframe immune during casting or that warframe. They already balanced it like this.

EDIT: I'm sorry if I made you angry or something. I'm was not meant to make you angry. Like with Iron Skin nerf, I was talking about the obvious nerf that was coming and how we should handle with balancing it. There were people for example who suggested a higher energy cost just like with Trinity's Link (75). If you noticed in that post I already told everyone "Rhino's Iron Skin was never meant to make you immune, it was just a makeshift ability" it was a temporary solution but they were surely going to take a look at it in the future and I wanted to address this to the community since I saw people still praising Iron Skin so much and I was wondering if they actually expected the nerf.

No problem Bro . am not angry and sorry about my impolite posts .. and aout Rhino . yeah we must face it .. the game should go harder or we can always win with the iron skin =D

and i read your post several times .. and i really agree with you , that everyone should know how to deal with bad situations .. so yeah not being immune to Dmg is no problem, and that will create more challenging situations and this will be exciting ^_^

PS : 1. Sorry for bad english but its not my mother lanuage :D

2.Guys Check the NEW TRAILER its WOOW !! and Nyx made a Nice Job there xDD

Edited by o_HiTMaN_o

I just got a Nyx and have been leveling her.  I just noticed psychic bolts is horribly underpowered and expensive; and Mind Control AI is more stupid than regular AI.  Would be nice if the Mind Control and Chaos AI could just rampage at the nearest enemy and ignore previous objectives. (mind controls on Defense still run to the cryopods and terminals before doing anything else, if that was what they were doing before being mind controlled)

Edited by 1un4cy

Just finished building my nyx, she is level 8 or so. Got really excited to test out the absorb move. Was on pluto, outer terminus, did some fancy wall running and sliding to get into a huge group of gineer. I popped my absorb and watched happily as they blasted away at me. The result? The blast hits most of them doing not even close to enough dmg to kill them and I am promptly shot down.

I am a bit confused.

JadsiaDax, on 05 Jun 2013 - 10:03 AM, said:

Just finished building my nyx, she is level 8 or so. Got really excited to test out the absorb move. Was on pluto, outer terminus, did some fancy wall running and sliding to get into a huge group of gineer. I popped my absorb and watched happily as they blasted away at me. The result? The blast hits most of them doing not even close to enough dmg to kill them and I am promptly shot down.

I am a bit confused.

yup Absorb now is really underpowered and damn useless ... maybe the grineer - corpus shot at u and do TONS of damage .. then simply take cover before the ability ends .. the results ?? doing NO dmg AT ALL !! and killing no one !!!

and it doesnt seem to work against Infested in a good way .. everything is mentioned in this thread go and read it ^_^

I am a bit confused.

Yeah that can happen, would be nice if you either aggroed them and they can't run or you can pop the ability early if they start ignoring you. I rarely use absorb anymore, too risky.

Btw there seems to be a limit on how much damage you can absorb because on occasions when I have perfect placement to not lose aggro I have actually been knocked down and killed after absorb stops absorbing and then pops and kills the enemy a second or two later, NOT COOL!

Yeah that can happen, would be nice if you either aggroed them and they can't run or you can pop the ability early if they start ignoring you. I rarely use absorb anymore, too risky.

Btw there seems to be a limit on how much damage you can absorb because on occasions when I have perfect placement to not lose aggro I have actually been knocked down and killed after absorb stops absorbing and then pops and kills the enemy a second or two later, NOT COOL!

after the last couple updates/patches/hotfixes

ABSORB no mare recharge ur sheild when u cast it

after the last couple updates/patches/hotfixes

ABSORB no mare recharge ur sheild when u cast it

Looking at the newest PS4 trailer it seems Absorb will get aggroing implemented. 

Off-topic: It seems Loki's decoy became useless after the recent patch (It doesnt aggro anymore... FREAKING HELL)

TOO MUCH ENERGY!!!!!!!

Absorb is a really neat idea in concept, but fails in implementation and doesn't really fit with Nyx's psychic theme. It should probably just be completely scrapped and redone.

Half my psychic bolts always seems to hit the ground when I cast it at a targeted enemy, that needs to be fixed, maybe let them pass through solid objects since it is pyschic energy. Also I hope they ignore armor as they are psychic.

weezedog, on 05 Jun 2013 - 9:06 PM, said:

Half my psychic bolts always seems to hit the ground when I cast it at a targeted enemy, that needs to be fixed, maybe let them pass through solid objects since it is pyschic energy. Also I hope they ignore armor as they are psychic.

YUP

i agree