Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Semi-Auto Ammo Bug?

Ordel

Halloe.

Apparently with any semi-auto weapon (that you can fire quickly), ammo goes down quicker than it should.

Tested with my latwraith:

Clicked at approx. 1 shot/sec; 18 shots fired

Spammed my mouse button, heard 10 shots but my entire clip was empty.

AkJagara:

Clicked 1shot/sec, 24 shots

Spammed, varied from 10-16 shots out of 24.

Sometimes when you're spamming, shots just take up 2-3 units of ammo even though you only shot once. No idea if this is a bug or intentional.

Tried with automatics:

Soma; worked perfectly fine whether I held the button or spammed M1.

Tetra; same

Then I got confused as to if this was a bug or intentional, so I set up a macro and used continuous weapons

Amprex; with a 1shot/sec macro, it worked fine.

Ignis, same results.

Eventually I quickened the increments between clicks to be a few milliseconds (although the ammo didn't drop as quick since these do have a set fire rate), and there wasn't any ammo loss.

I went back to my semi-autos and used a 2 shots/sec macro, same results as above. Skipped shots for whatev reason.

Soo, no idea if this is intentional or not but if you start spamming semi-auto weapons you start dropping 2-3 shots at a time although only firing one.

EDIT: Eventually I thought DE ninja-nerfed multishot or something so I took it off my latron and akjag; same results. I keep dropping shots that I haven't ever fired.

Edited by Ordel

I honestly think it's a matter of sound files not playing properly.

I do too, either something related to sound files or perhaps dropped frames. I am playing WF on a toaster, anyway.

Only thing that stopped me from saying that originally is that I never see a second bullet whenever I skip shots, and I don't ever see any type of extra damage (although that could entirely be me being blind/ignorant).

PS. Off topic as hell but I like your videos. ^.^

Edited by Ordel

I do too, either something related to sound files or perhaps dropped frames. I am playing WF on a toaster, anyway.

Only thing that stopped me from saying that originally is that I never see a second bullet whenever I skip shots, and I don't ever see any type of extra damage (although that could entirely be me being blind/ignorant).

PS. Off topic as hell but I like your videos. ^.^

I might be mistaken as well, I am merely speculating based on my lazy observations. Though I've seen more people making claims similar to yours. I've been using Akjagara since release, so counting all the bullets hasn't been of considerable priority. But I might check it out tomorrow. 

Also, thank you! :D

No, it's definitely stealing ammo. I notice it all the time with both my Lat Prime and Akvasto (though I suspect the Akvasto takes 2 per trigger pull). When you do decide to fire faster into a group it drops 2-4 ammo at once so even though you fired 10 shots of your 18 round clip, you're reloading

Edit: Just ran a test of this and apparently the most ammo it can steal from you is 4 with the Latron Prime, and can even take place in 1 shot per second fire. Possible glitch.

Edited by TheBrsrkr

Alright! I did take my Akjagara out for some testing. Started shooting wildly and noticed that I did in fact lose some ammo when shooting very fast.

(Seriously, do you guys semi-auto click THAT fast normally? Kudos to you if you do.)

Per magazine of 24 shots, I seemed to repeatedly have 2 occasions of ammo disappearing. I shot in bursts of 4, because I honestly can't keep track of ammo while spamming deliberately, and ammo seemingly always disappeared on the 4th shot of the first, and third burst. Might be unrelated, but thought I'd mention it. 

I took it for some testing again to see if frame rate had an impact on it. I usually run a steady 60 frames per second on my rig, so I started 5 Youtube videos on mute and started 2 other games in the background (namely Fallout: New Vegas and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel) for good measure and my game dropped to 20 frames per second. I did this considering Ordel mentioning he ran Warframe on a toaster, but I got the same result. 2 ammo vanished per magazine of 24 shots.

It seems I was wrong, which is no surprise since my conclusions in my previous posts were blatant assumptions. 

Alright! I did take my Akjagara out for some testing. Started shooting wildly and noticed that I did in fact lose some ammo when shooting very fast.

(Seriously, do you guys semi-auto click THAT fast normally? Kudos to you if you do.)

Per magazine of 24 shots, I seemed to repeatedly have 2 occasions of ammo disappearing. I shot in bursts of 4, because I honestly can't keep track of ammo while spamming deliberately, and ammo seemingly always disappeared on the 4th shot of the first, and third burst. Might be unrelated, but thought I'd mention it. 

I took it for some testing again to see if frame rate had an impact on it. I usually run a steady 60 frames per second on my rig, so I started 5 Youtube videos on mute and started 2 other games in the background (namely Fallout: New Vegas and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel) for good measure and my game dropped to 20 frames per second. I did this considering Ordel mentioning he ran Warframe on a toaster, but I got the same result. 2 ammo vanished per magazine of 24 shots.

It seems I was wrong, which is no surprise since my conclusions in my previous posts were blatant assumptions. 

I only click that fast when I come to my senses and realize a heavy gunner wildly appeared right infront of me :P

--

But yeah, it seems this is a common bug and simple to replicate.

As a sidenote- IIRC the Kohm fires its pellets at a 1:1 ratio (not including multishot-induced shots), with full tilt firing 2-3 shots unmodded. My kohm takes up 2-3 ammo per shot, so idk what the dealio with it is.

also, ye, i did just say dealio. dealio with it.

• 4 months later...

To make sure it's not the sounds playing incorrectly, you need to remove all multishot mods and spam the trigger while strafing, and then count the bullet holes on the wall.

If there's less bullet holes then bullets in the clip, we have a problem.

I use mouse wheel to fire the latron wraith which with shred + speed trigger can fires nearly as fast as karak's cyclic rate.

It seems clicks to register rapid fire isnt consistant since the frame rate and lag might cause the "misfire" issue ?