The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cool-Down Time, A Solution For The "press4Towin" Problem.

SprinKah

mixed opinion on this

yes 4towin players can be annoying, but adding a cooldown to all abilities would kill some versatility for those players that know how to press other buttons more than 4-spammers. & you can't add a cooldown just for ults (although now that I think of it, why not after all?)

easy solution for you, play with friends that don't spam ults, I know it's a bandaid but there is no way to implement such a system without alienating a lot of players

to be honest, I agree something should be done but I don't really know what could.

these days I m more than fed up with all the peacemaker mesa players we see on defs/mob defs. spamming it is fine to gain affinity quick but I wish these guys would stop playing public when they do

(although I guess the majority of them don't use it that way, they just found a quick easy way to win)

I do like my Peacemaker Mesa, but I also use him on other missions.  Although you may not like Mesa, its an effective frame for those missions. Hating on that is like hating on Frost for always doing those missions and putting that Globe up.

I do like my Peacemaker Mesa, but I also use him on other missions.  Although you may not like Mesa, its an effective frame for those missions. Hating on that is like hating on Frost for always doing those missions and putting that Globe up.

it's not that I don't like mesa, I use it too & quite enjoy it

what I don't like is that all the mesa players I've encountered so far don't seem to even try. the only thing they do is use peacemaker

I use mesa, I use peacemaker as it's supposed to be used, as a last resort/situationnal ult to deal with mob groups (well except in rep farming). I try to play with other abilities 1st or no abilities when i don't need them

all the mesa users I've met just activate peacemaker & keep the mouse button pressed. I find kinda sad that they solve all game like this

& having this kind of player in a def (void or otherwise) kills the fun for other players as they annihilate all ennemies & you just stay there with nothing to do.

what's the use of a game where you don't do anything but watching waves go past, because 1 man found some sort of exploit & keeps using it?

Using a warframe's best move in the best mode designed for =/= exploit.

"some sort of exploit" I said, not a definitive one

& there's a difference, to me at least, between using the ults once in a while & using them exclusively because it's easier

we're derailing the topic anyway.

thought about it a little, why not having a cooldown timer exclusively for ults?

I think this would solve things pretty nicely as no spamming would be possible, players would be encouraged that way to use other abilities & forced to think about situation (use it now or wait for better opportunity/when it's needed more) before hitting 4 button

easy on the flames please, I appreciate ults as much as any other player this IS annoying when you try teamwork with a spammer

these are supposed to be ults anyway, consumming a lot of frame ressources, so making them spammable doesn't make a lot of in game sense