Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

stealth fail, best stealth run so far anyway

_Chaser

http://youtu.be/InxFyLCcrws

video of most sucessfull stealth run so far.

alright, i played wf in coop and it feels like l4d, which is not what i consider as most fun.

currently i'm trying to complete levels in solo being undetected. this is possible, but i would like to see some changes/features to make it most comfortable for all the players and not mgs maniacs.

1) xp bonus for completing level segment.

since levels consist of segments, we propose to recieve xp for completing each segment/level undetected.

so masochists like me who enjoy stealth will actually have a motivation to complete whole level undetected instead of doing it for the sake of doing it.

2) level restart option in solo.

just one more button in menu to restart level

3) backstab

this will be very comfortable way to kill enemies instead of strong attack which don't work for every type of enemies.

4) enemy view cons if you are undetected

if you are undetected you should see enemies with cons of view on your minimap untill you got caught, if so your radar flashing red and you don't see enemies positions anymore, but it have alert cooldown, so it's not a situation where one mistake fucks up the whole mission

just look at metal gear solid seris and how it's done in any of these games.

5) alert system.

if one enemy seen me for a second, everyone else gets alerted, even tho i killed him in half of second later then i supposed to.

this is really annoying when one mistake fucks up whole my mission, may be there should be a alert cooldown

when you open door that require 2 players activation everyone gets alerted.

aural decoy cause enemies to alarm too, what makes it pretty much useless.

i strongly recommend to change into simple sound/visual decoy like throwing rocks in farcry or coin in hitman and work like sound decoy in aliens vs predator, so enemy will just try to investigate aproximate location

so basicly if you are undetected aural decoy is "soft" and cause enemies to go for and check out that location.

if you are spoted it works same way it does right now.

loki's swith teleport should be silent

ash's shuriken should be silent aswell

6) no respawning enemies if undetected,

i was stuck in the beginning for quite awhile and cut around 5 same types of enemies coming from doors. not fair at all.

7) level design.

game needs more places to hide for example get on high ground etc. we have an ability to climb on obstancles, but we can't use it more then on occasion due current level design.

8) dart gun

since game marketing model rely on player buying bigger and better weapons each now and then, i would like to suggest introducing gear specially for stealth. now we have auto hack items, we should go a bit furhter:

weapon with limited range and limited ammo which you may need to craft, so it will still true to f2p model etc...

dart gun or something like that with single shot mechanics like sniper rifle

ammo

1/10

1 in barel

10 in total for whole mission and the ammo type is unique and you can't find that type of ammo on levels.

and ofc this weapon don't cause enemies to alert.

no reload speed or ammo clip size or total ammo upgrades.

basicly it instakill regular enemy if you are undetected and if you are detected it becomes useless and don't cause much damage

even if level design would not ever get changed, implementing features from 1 to 6 will greatly improve sp stealth experience and it will be waaaay more enjoyable then it is now.

Edited by n7snk

I love the idea of stealth being an option, it fits with the whole space ninja vibe, and it gives a new dimension to the game which IMO would increase longevity.

Along with the proposed changes it would be cool if a gun or sidearm were introduced that had a silencer/stun effect so you could neutralize enemies from range without alerting everyone. Or if some abilities like Ash's Shuriken and Loki's Switch Teleport were 'silent'.

since game marketing model rely on player buying bigger and better weapons each now and then, i would like to suggest introducing gear specially for stealth. now we have auto hack items, we should go a bit furhter:

weapon with limited range and limited ammo which you may need to craft, so it will still true to f2p model etc...

dart gun or something like that with single shot mechanics like sniper rifle

ammo

1/10

1 in barel

10 in total for whole mission

and ofc this weapon don't cause enemies to alert.

no reload speed or ammo clip size or total ammo upgrades.

basicly it instakill opponent if you are undetected and if you are detected it becomes useless and don't cause much damage

Well, alarm triggered not because he noticed you. As far as I saw, there is a control panel on the wall, and when NPC spotted you, he will run to one of them. That's trigger the alarm. Your NPC was right at this panel, when he spotted you.

Several times I've got panic in the room and was able to kill everyone before they got to the console and no alarm was triggered.

3:35 on your video, left wall, between container and locker. That's the panel. Despite your BIG RED TEXT, I've still notice that Grineer got to the panel and was killed near it.

If you got different video, where alone guard triggers the alarm without running to panel or warning his friend trough shooting - I'll be happy to see it.