Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Actually Impossible To Pay For Mod Upgrading/ducat Items. Deep Explanation Within. Please Support.

SnakeWildlife

I am a R19 founder and 'No real life' gamer who spends around 10-16 hours per day on Warframe, farming resources, credits, ducats and just about everything. I not only farm the game heavily for resources for myself, but i help many new players get a good start from the rather depressing and deep bottom.

For me, this has given me an excessive amount of everything because i have been playing like a zombie, at great sacrifice to my life, both in time and financially. I just love Warframe that much. I even took a picture with Chris Barry in my Warframe shirt (thats Rimmer from the british version of Red Dwarf)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74747669/Paul%20with%20Chris%20Barrie.png

Being in this position allows me to see very clearly whenever things are affordable, expensive, or downright impossible...and unfortunately recent additions to the game, are making things impossible, even for a 'No life' gamer and heavy investor like me. Which is why i hope DE will read this, and take my calculations and evidence based advice, very seriously.

So having played way too much Warframe you would think, what could possibly be urking someone like me? Well:

------------------

Part 1:  Upgrading Mods - Their costs.

------------------

Everytime you release a mod with x10 Rank-Up Levels, it takes the community a huge amount of time and resources to be able to rank up this mod.

This screenshot is 3 Real-Life months worth of Fusion cores, earned through constant regular play to achieve, and i am going to use them to rank up a Primed Mod, of which one of these is being released, in intervals of less than 2 weeks each.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74747669/InsaneCost.jpg

It will cost me approximately 4 months 'No life' work, to rank up this mod.

It will cost me over x700 R5 Fusion Cores or over x3000 mod duplicates of the same polarity, to rank up this mod.

It will cost me over 1.8 million credits with fusion cores, and over 4 million credits with mod duplicates, to rank up this 1 mod.

I have blown all my mods. (after this screenshot of course, and yes the duplicates too are spent)

My gross Credit income since the beginnings of Warframe in constant-play, is 140,000,000 credits, it has already been drained down to 56,000,000 and these mods to buy and upgrade are asking for an approx  3,200,000 Credits, per <2 weeks.

What makes this even more rediculous...is that for most of my time playing Warframe, iv had almost constant Double-Credit booster enabled.

THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE to afford, and to maintain in this game. Even super rich players, cannot afford to keep this up for long. This throws New Players into the trashcan, before they have even started. Any business, in order to generate revenue, needs more customers.

CONCLUSION: You must stop with these outrageous costs, before its too late. Fix your economy to allow people who play the game, to afford what they work hard to achieve, before you intimidate and terrify them away. It is needed, and needed fast. It can be done in many and/or multiple ways, preferably all of them:

-Fusion Core drop rate significantly increased.

-Fusion Core potency significantly increased in Mod Fusion.

-Credit Cost of Fusion Significantly Decreased

Mod Fusion is currently unaffordable and impossible, by a whopping 2/3rds over any possible effort that can be made to keep up. So you must understand why the cost of Fusion, needs a TITANIC sized nerf.

-----------------

Part 2: Ducat/Credit costs of Ducat purchases.

-----------------

If you thought farming for Fusion Cores and Mods for Fusion took up so much time and resources, well then how would you feel if the game said, whilst you're doing that you need to spend another huge amount of time and resources, farming for Ducats and even more credits, to keep up with Ducat Purchases.

Rich people are very quickly having their hard-earned pile of Void keys Drained away by the large amount of time needed per <2 weeks, to get enough Ducats to make a Ducat-Purchase. Whilst people who arent that rich, are very swiftly running out of keys, and holding onto the legs of those who are burning their keys WITH them.

It takes a great deal of time to Farm for keys. I recommend Excavations, theyre quite helpful.

It takes a good portion of time to also run those Void missions for potential Ducats.

You have less than 2 weeks to farm approximately 1100 Ducats (the average so far)

You have less than 2 weeks to farm for multiples of 100,000+ Cost Ducat Purchases, whilst trying to have enough credits to put into fusion.

You need approximately 1100 Ducats and 800,000 Credits per <2 weeks.

THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE to afford even by rich players in the long run (were currently being drained of everything we have in reserve and spending countless hours trying to get those resources back) and new/regular players are only barely able to afford 1 Ducat-Purchase per <2 weeks.

CONCLUSION: Once again, you must stop with these outrageous costs, and Fix your economy. Any of these may help to allow people to actually afford any of this:

-Reduce:

> Primed Mods from 300 - to - 200 Ducats.

> Primed Mods cost No credits (it already costs a unrealistic fortune in rank-up costs)

> Ducat-Purchase Weapons to cost no more than 300 Ducats

> Ducat-Purchase Weapons to cost no more than 100,000 Credits

> Miscellaneous Sigils cost no more than 20 Ducats, 20,000 Credits

> Miscellaneous Costume Parts cost no more than 50 Ducats, 20,000 Credits

------------------

Part 3:  Why such high reductions in Costs and Boosts to the Economy and Drop tables?

------------------

Easy math once you see the big picture.

You need to spend a large amount of time every <2 Weeks to earn:

-Approx  1100 Ducats

-Approx  800,000 Credits

This is impossible for new players, and becoming impossible for rich/hardcore players to maintain affording.

And whilst youre playing, are expected on the side within each <2 Weeks to save up to afford:

-Approx 2000+ Mods

-Approx 2,500,000 Credits

You need to farm as much as 4 months nonstop gaming, in less than 2 weeks, constantly.

------------------

OVERALL CONCLUSION:

------------------

THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE.  

The economy is close to shattering, because there is no possible way to keep up. If this isn't addressed soon, the bubble will burst with the potential effects being mass desertion from non rich players, and players who ARE rich, will start to hit the barrier of impossibility, and be forced out.

Much business revenue will be lost, including from *Whale players who are forced out to due to things literally being out of reach.

*(Whale: Common gamers term for a player with so much real life money, they just buy everything in-game, as much as they like)

My message to DE, is to see and understand this predicament that we the players are currently in, and reforge Ducat-Purchase Costs to a much lower level, reforge Rank-Up costs to a much lower level. And prevent a large loss of business when the bubble pops.

You are currently working on Expanding Mods 2.0 in the Council channel (a huge influx of new mods). Further worrying your dedicated players, as the 'Bar of Possibility' seems set to go even higher over the 'Impossible bar'.  Please consider ingame costs! Before its too late.

Sorry, yet again for the wall of text, i can only hope that i can continue to bring my friends into Warframe, and keep supporting you whilst i can, but at the current rate, soon i too (even though i have invested much time and money into the game) will hit the mark where i cannot afford the latest released items/mods. Once i hit that mark, i will likely be forced to leave. With the realisation that after all i have done, i am unable to reach what i work for. Please do not continue the current economy, as everything is becoming far too overpriced and out of reach.

I can only do so much in 10-16 hours of Warframe per day.

I am on the verge of just breaking apart. My reserves, are quickly being destroyed by the impossible demand that you ask of us.

EDIT:  What happens if you want to BUY your way into beating the wall of impossibility? This is what happens:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74747669/TheMath.png

I have done the calculations for you, to show you how much platinum you need to spend, per <2 weeks, in order to remain on top of the current speed of R10 Mod releases. Presuming that only 1 Primed Mod is released per <2 weeks. And this does not include the amount of farming required (still) to earn void keys and spend void keys to obtain the 1100 ducats.

Edited by SnakeWildlife

Question: why do you need to rank every R10 mod and buy every item the void trader offers?

A lot more people are completionist in this game than people realise I think, yes I know it isn't the most valid argument but it is a decent point. Also you have people like me that rank up and sell for plat to buy what we want in game.

You don't need to have all modes maxed to 10.
You don't need to buy every stuff Baro'Ki'Teer comes with.
You don't need to be best of the best, just because you are MR-19 nolifer.

You are playing this game for too long, and you can't realise such simple things? "Tainted and ruined beyond salvation."

Your desires to have everything is your fault, not DE's one. Stop being that childish.

"I'm powerful mr-19 pro, and I need to have it all." Why? "Because it exists!"

If I'll place a mountain near your city, you are going to climb it, just because it exists, right? This is what your "logic" tells.

That's only your fault. Stop talking this "Year of quality."

You are only hurting yourself, Tenno.

Keep 'em playin', keep 'em payin' ... nothing new here.

To be fair though, you don't HAVE to get everything to enjoy this game, and you don't HAVE to max everything. If you choose to do so, there is either a significant time or fiscal investment involved.

This is honestly just good business for them. Lots of companies cater to people's OCD about owning/collecting/upgrading ... 

apple-logo-small.png

You are playing this game for too long, and you can't realise such simple things? "Tainted and ruined beyond salvation."

Your desires to have everything is your fault, not DE's one. Stop being that childish.

If I'll place a mountain near your city, you are going to climb it, just because it exists, right? This is what your "logic" tells.

Problem is, when you are maxed everything and have nothing to do, you set some other goals. Either that or stop playing the game.

I dont know what other players that are at max mastery points do with the game or how they find amusement, but i know that i login only when there is new weapon to be made, or when trader comes.

So it is basically, having something to do, against completely stopping with playing the game.

Edited by RoboDoge

Those R10 mods are supposed to be long term goals and take a while to max.
Nothing is forcing to to buy them and try to max them out in 2 weeks.
Take your time to max them, no rush.

Also:
1100 ducats in 12 days isn't hard.
Thats 100 ducats a day.
Between 2 to 10 prime parts a day.  And if you have T3 or T4 capture its only an average of 5, which generally doesn't take much more than 7 runs.  A capture mission can be finished, with loading times, in about 3 to 5 minutes.  So that is 21 to 35 minutes per day in T3C missions.

Ignoring T3C or T4C, it's still not impossible by any means to get the ducats needed to afford the prime items quite easily.
Run syndicate missions.  Buy key packs.  Run void missions for at most 10 parts a day.

Most players spend most of their time in the void anyways.

And if you dont want the mods you only need 600-700 ducats for the weapon and cosmetics (generally the things actually worth it).  The amount of prime items needed isn't all that much really if you run the void for a decent amount of your play time (and I dont run the void constantly nor do I play the game for super long periods of time each day).

Sure, 1100 ducats seems like a super huge amount, but when you break it down and span it over the 12 days (14 if you also farm on the days that he shows up) then its rather easy to get enough ducats to get the pieces.

A lot more people are completionist in this game than people realise I think, yes I know it isn't the most valid argument but it is a decent point. Also you have people like me that rank up and sell for plat to buy what we want in game.

Because i am a completionist, one of MANY.

So...you're complaining about a grind you've personally chosen to undertake?

It was said best in a thread about long-term goals:

Is it possible to have any gameplay rewards that take a long time to get?  Sure.

Is it possible to do this without having a vocal fraction of the playerbase grind it with the might of a thousand suns, then turn around and complain that they hate grinding (despite actively choosing to grind said goal) and this is too much grinding and it should be faster?  Absolutely not.

Those R10 mods are supposed to be long term goals and take a while to max.

Nothing is forcing to to buy them and try to max them out in 2 weeks.

Take your time to max them, no rush.

Also:

1100 ducats in 12 days isn't hard.

Thats 100 ducats a day.

Between 2 to 10 prime parts a day.  And if you have T3 or T4 capture its only an average of 5, which generally doesn't take much more than 7 runs.  A capture mission can be finished, with loading times, in about 3 to 5 minutes.  So that is 21 to 35 minutes per day in T3C missions.

Ignoring T3C or T4C, it's still not impossible by any means to get the ducats needed to afford the prime items quite easily.

Run syndicate missions.  Buy key packs.  Run void missions for at most 10 parts a day.

Most players spend most of their time in the void anyways.

And if you dont want the mods you only need 600-700 ducats for the weapon and cosmetics (generally the things actually worth it).  The amount of prime items needed isn't all that much really if you run the void for a decent amount of your play time (and I dont run the void constantly nor do I play the game for super long periods of time each day).

Sure, 1100 ducats seems like a super huge amount, but when you break it down and span it over the 12 days (14 if you also farm on the days that he shows up) then its rather easy to get enough ducats to get the pieces.

Again, this is boring. Doing same thing over and over, just to get an item, and then repeating the process. Can be fun if you have something to level or farm, but when you dont have anything to do, farming becomes a chore.

Void Trader was simply designed to burn people extra Prime parts and credits, so they can farm more. Its horrible concept in game that has no proper interesting "high level" content that has replay value.

You burn your resources and you see no reason to farm them again, as whole farming process is boring as hell.

Edited by RoboDoge

I may be mistaken here, but I don't think the point was that he couldn't have the best. It's that even for the most hardcore players in the game, a minority mind you, the best is very hard to achieve. The consequence being that for normal players, it's just a taunting, basically impossible thing that only makes the game feel painful the moment you try and give it any attention at all.  

I bet you're one of the people who complain about excalibro prime.

to all "you don't need it"

He is a player and he is allowed to enjoy content put forward by the developers, if something is released it IS Content, and therefor all players should be able to realistically achieve it, as the OP has shown Primed mods' requirements are Unrealistic.

Though he doesn't need it, That's no reason for the Devs to make a sloppy grind wall and call it done. 

1 - you're using cores when you should use regular mods 1st, you have 11k duplicates, use them

2 - these mods are meant to reward players who place an effort in raising them over time, in short these are not mandatory to do whatever you want and it's a long term goal, not a 2 week one

3 - choose carefully what to raise and what not to raise, raising mods you don't use sounds fun but it is in it's most basic concept a fail.

Is it?

I mean, if you already said that you are a "no life gamer", and that you spend/play 10-16 hours per day on the game itself (which, by all means, is a pretty worrying thing in itself), I am pretty sure you could earn the required amounts to pay for all the Primed mods and possibly level them up a few. 

And really, I do not see the problem at all (although it might be due to my one main goal of playing any video game: Have fun. If not, stop, and find something else.). 

every forum has its vocal minority complaining about everything. problem is, it's pretty much just in the forums, since those people go out of their way to complain here. seriously, get me some statistics. how many completionists are there in warframe, and how many of those follow the forums? 

I can agree with some points of the OP (4 months of grinding for a mod?) but you can't say it's unrealistic for new players when new player shouldn't be accessing those mods in the first place. those are very powerful mods and as such, they are not supposed to be achieveable easily. you have problems getting them and you seriously think that new players want them all just because they are in game? it's true for you, but not for all the playerbase. 

Long term goals are not supposed to be like this ~ how is progressing by 0.1% to your goal a satisfactory result of your play time?

Seriously...take a look at Payday 2 - you might want to re-learn what long term goals mean.

Exactly, i quit Payday 2, and most people who played that, used Lua script hacks to unlock everything.....because the grind was rediculous.

I dont wanna do that with Warframe :(

Edited by SnakeWildlife

Problem is, when you are maxed everything and have nothing to do, you set some other goals. Either that or stop playing the game.

I dont know what other players that are at max mastery points do with the game or how they find amusement, but i know that i login only when there is new weapon to be made, or when trader comes.

So it is basically, having something to do, against completely stopping with playing the game.

It is better to stop playing game for a while, than talking those toxic things. Well. If you got nothing to do, it's because of you. But I can't call it "your fault", because it's common problem.

I'm always choosing the slowest way of playing. I do not fast-run most of missions and etc. BUT, I understand you and your point and your playstyle. It usually leads to this "I got nothing to do".

It's hard and deep problem of having something for end-game. And forcing yourself to this grind is kinda bad choice. It's better to wait, when DE will make some really good end-game content OR start helping newbie friends. This is what I do + I don't haste and still 12 MR after 1.5 years of playing.

Helping new players is always fun. Just choosing freshly formaed weapons and just all weapons, not powerful, just ones, you want to play with. If you won't utilize most OP tactics, you can have fun by helping people, and those people will have fun, because there won't be Saryn ruining all gameplay with one button.

Anyway, that's just an example. End-game problem is a deep problem. Don't force yourself to do something you don't want to. It's Serious Lee better - to stop playing game for a while. U16 coming. Steve_SOON.jpg

I bet you're one of the people who complain about excalibro prime.

Lol, never. I don't care about exclusives and was selling event weapons if I just didn't like 'em for their looks. Even not ranking up for MR.