The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Actually Impossible To Pay For Mod Upgrading/ducat Items. Deep Explanation Within. Please Support.

SnakeWildlife

Yes, they will make a profit, based on the product alone since it doesnt cost anything to produce. But, are you taking in count the employee salaries? office space? fixed costs? utilities? insurance? marketing costs?

Take that into account and you will see it is not so out of the can when a great part of the player base either contributes very little real money or nothing at all, and, it is only a small number that probably contributes the most. Therefore, they have to set prices based on probability of someone buying them. DE does not get a steady income like you would in subscription or retail model. They have to play lottery as to whether an item will sell and yield money to pay for their own costs and set them accordingly.

A lot of people mentioning here credit and linking them to a ruined economy when the entire Warframes actual economy is run by platinum, and those who do not pay real money to get it, but still manage to obtain platinum via trade are the ones that hurt DE the most since they are a lost sale. Instead of getting two dudes to pay for plat, only one does and the other gets it for free. But, they make up for it with these "absurd" plat costs offered elsewhere.

However, I do think current non-boosted credit rewards are somewhat low. If anything, the normal credit rewards should be at least double of what they currently are.

You realize people choose a free to play model because more likely than not, they will be making more money than a subscription. Even so they should not be balancing the plat prices on whales, rather instead they should be making the game more enjoyable for the casual players which increases the number of people willing to buy plat, to do this I believe they could adjust the credit conversion rate as a start(100p for 1.5mill credits?).

While imo it is true that the real economy is run by the platinum purchases. You do realize that the trades for plat do indirectly increase platinum sales right? That one dude that buys plat will probably be buying more which balances the books(if not gives profit) for the guy that doesn't buy plat, this is because he values his time more than the money in which case he's more likely to be buying plat frequently for whatever they deem worthy(with the RNG in this game a hell of a lot can be deemed worthy as some people just can't seem to get the one part they need).

Yes, they will make a profit, based on the product alone since it doesnt cost anything to produce. But, are you taking in count the employee salaries? office space? fixed costs? utilities? insurance? marketing costs?

I took these into account since development isnt free.

Looking at numbers from march 2014 there was nearly 8milion registered tenno, if you cant make even 10% of those to buy your cheap ! skin for 1$ then it must mean rest of the game is really bad, then developing skin wont ever cost you 800k $, it simply doesnt happen, for that much you could actually develop some cheap game like some point and click or roguelikes kickstarters.

For example darkest dungeon asked for 75k $ on kickstarter, yes im aware they must have had some other financing but that wasnt just to finish game they actually were still in early development asking for money.

Yes, asking 20$ for a normal skin is actually insane, you must have put a real S#&$ton of special effects into it to even come close to such price being reasonable, then again reasonable doesnt mean its actually worth that much.

Edited by Davoodoo

Active players is the number you're looking for.  Registered is irrelevant, particularly for a Steam game.

Actually registered is relevant and i wasnt looking at steam, these are numbers provided by de themselves https://warframe.com/news/warframe-numbers

Why is registered players number relevant?? it shows how many ppl actually tried game, if they quit before they purchased 1st thing then it also says something about the game.

The closer number of registered player is to active players the better it is faring for game, ppl dont quit game they really enjoy and if they enjoy theyre more likely to put some money on it even if they were hesitant at 1st.

Edited by Davoodoo

You realize people choose a free to play model because more likely than not, they will be making more money than a subscription. Even so they should not be balancing the plat prices on whales, rather instead they should be making the game more enjoyable for the casual players which increases the number of people willing to buy plat, to do this I believe they could adjust the credit conversion rate as a start(100p for 1.5mill credits?).

While imo it is true that the real economy is run by the platinum purchases. You do realize that the trades for plat do indirectly increase platinum sales right? That one dude that buys plat will probably be buying more which balances the books(if not gives profit) for the guy that doesn't buy plat, this is because he values his time more than the money in which case he's more likely to be buying plat frequently for whatever they deem worthy(with the RNG in this game a hell of a lot can be deemed worthy as some people just can't seem to get the one part they need).

Yes, they will more likely be making more money than with a subscription, given that they make the correct pricing decisions. Which will cause game development be driven by making money per transaction due to the random variability of purchases, rather than focusing 100% on making it 100% based on player interests. Letting people trade built up prime warframes is good for the players, do you really think it is in DE's best interest to allow so? The same applies for nonprime warframes or weapons, or prime weapons, or resources/components. Should players be allowed to trade warframes and accesories for credits? I mean that would be super in the interest of players, but, it is nowhere near close to DE's interest.

That is one way DE makes money, so if they have to remove their income from it, they have to make it up somewhere else.

Plat trades do increase plat purchase, to an extent, in a good scenario where the entire amount of plat purchased is spent on a trade to someone else and bought again, at a rate where value re-purchased exceeds or is equal to value traded. When plat is bought and spent on DE's items, it is taken out of existence, i.e skins, warframes, weapons, syandanas, skins, attachments, accesories, etc etc. When plat is spent on trades, value is moved to another player who now does not have spend money on getting plat items, but the other guy does not necessarily have to spend money either. The probability of a new player or casual player of buying 1000 platinum and spending it on a maxed prime flow to rinse and repeat is quite slim, and these trades happen far more less than the ones for 15p and a mod, which leave the player with platinum leftovers, which now has a probability of disappearing altogether by being spent on the market, or rushing items etc etc. We can't also be sure whether the dude who actually bought the platinum is already satisfied with whatever he got, if he is, that is it for him and his profitable rate. However, now the trader can get a number of these small trades, that transfer value onto him, but at the same time, the player who bought the platinum, does not necessarily has run out of it or has a need to repurchase. Then we have trades and an amount of platinum hoarded by trades that far exceeds the repurchase amount. The scenario they would have to account for is when one buys for two or three, instead of two or three buying for themselves and the rate at which the repurchase happens. DE is not free to pay its 200+ employees whenever it pleases or whenever they have a gain that month. I'm not saying it is bad, and that it shouldn't happen, but when it happens and it does, and because it does, they have to account for it, and when they account for it, these "absurd" plat prices you see people clamoring about come to life. It's similar, but not the same, to a used parts/products market, where the money made sometimes never reaches the actual manufacturer of these parts/products. DE needs plat to disappear to be repurchased, if it doesn't or does slowly, then, the golden word, "account" for it.

I took these into account since development isnt free.

Looking at numbers from march 2014 there was nearly 8milion registered tenno, if you cant make even 10% of those to buy your cheap ! skin for 1$ then it must mean rest of the game is really bad, then developing skin wont ever cost you 800k $, it simply doesnt happen, for that much you could actually develop some cheap game like some point and click or roguelikes kickstarters.

For example darkest dungeon asked for 75k $ on kickstarter, yes im aware they must have had some other financing but that wasnt just to finish game they actually were still in early development asking for money.

Yes, asking 20$ for a normal skin is actually insane, you must have put a real S#&$ton of special effects into it to even come close to such price being reasonable, then again reasonable doesnt mean its actually worth that much.

I don't think you did. It's clear enough you are not aware of the amount of employees Digital Extremes has, and what the consequence of such number is in terms of salaries and benefits. Roam around their website, base the number in a salary average, then let me know if 800K will pay for that, take in count their required profit margins too, because there is no point in breaking even all the time. And here we assume it's 800K per what? month? and are we really assuming 8 million registered = 8 million active accounts? yeeah no. Surely they do work on other projects, but your example is just a flawed example with a flawed assumption.

This is the typical misconception of "omg that bottle of water costs $3 or that shirt sells for $6? but it probably costs 30 cents to make, what a rip off".

Edited by nms64

Yes, they will more likely be making more money than with a subscription, given that they make the correct pricing decisions. Which will cause game development be driven by making money per transaction due to the random variability of purchases, rather than focusing 100% on making it 100% based on player interests. Letting people trade built up prime warframes is good for the players, do you really think it is in DE's best interest to allow so? The same applies for non-prime warframes or weapons, or prime weapons, or resources/components. Should players be allowed to trade warframes and accessories for credits? I mean that would be super in the interest of players, but, it is nowhere near close to DE's interest.

That is one way DE makes money, so if they have to remove their income from it, they have to make it up somewhere else.

Plat trades do increase plat purchase, to an extent, in a good scenario where the entire amount of plat purchased is spent on a trade to someone else and bought again, at a rate where value re-purchased exceeds or is equal to value traded. When plat is bought and spent on DE's items, it is taken out of existence, i.e skins, warframes, weapons, syandanas, skins, attachments, accessories, etc etc. When plat is spent on trades, value is moved to another player who now does not have spend money on getting plat items, but the other guy does not necessarily have to spend money either. The probability of a new player or casual player of buying 1000 platinum and spending it on a maxed prime flow to rinse and repeat is quite slim, and these trades happen far more less than the ones for 15p and a mod, which leave the player with platinum leftovers, which now has a probability of disappearing altogether by being spent on the market, or rushing items etc etc. We can't also be sure whether the dude who actually bought the platinum is already satisfied with whatever he got, if he is, that is it for him and his profitable rate. However, now the trader can get a number of these small trades, that transfer value onto him, but at the same time, the player who bought the platinum, does not necessarily has run out of it or has a need to repurchase. Then we have trades and an amount of platinum hoarded by trades that far exceeds the repurchase amount. The scenario they would have to account for is when one buys for two or three, instead of two or three buying for themselves and the rate at which the repurchase happens. DE is not free to pay its 200+ employees whenever it pleases or whenever they have a gain that month. I'm not saying it is bad, and that it shouldn't happen, but when it happens and it does, and because it does, they have to account for it, and when they account for it, these "absurd" plat prices you see people clamoring about come to life. It's similar, but not the same, to a used parts/products market, where the money made sometimes never reaches the actual manufacturer of these parts/products. DE needs plat to disappear to be repurchased, if it doesn't or does slowly, then, the golden word, "account" for it.

I don't think you did. It's clear enough you are not aware of the amount of employees Digital Extremes has, and what the consequence of such number is in terms of salaries and benefits. Roam around their website, base the number in a salary average, then let me know if 800K will pay for that, take in count their required profit margins too, because there is no point in breaking even all the time. And here we assume it's 800K per what? month? and are we really assuming 8 million registered = 8 million active accounts? yeeah no. Surely they do work on other projects, but your example is just a flawed example with a flawed assumption.

This is the typical misconception of "omg that bottle of water costs $3 or that shirt sells for $6? but it probably costs 30 cents to make, what a rip off".

Letting people trade built up prime warframes is good for the players, do you really think it is in DE's best interest to allow so? Not necessarily.

Should players be allowed to trade warframes and accessories for credits? No.

But then again....

I never said it should be based 100% on player interests...."Even so they should not be balancing the plat prices on whales, rather instead they should be making the game more enjoyable for the casual players". I said as a start they could make it more enjoyable for casuals and the example I gave was the conversion of plat to credits which allow you to buy more weapons to rank, in turn increasing time spent playing the game even if just to level the weapon, which, means the conversion rate of non-paying players to paying players increases as they want to support developers for giving them a game that they've spent X hours in, or value their time over their money in regards to the game.

I also think DE is highly under monetized in the way of custom skins for weapons, syndanas, armor etc... this is because from their design point it probably costs very little to just re-skin a frame or weapon. This would create more areas where the plat disappears which gives re-purchase value as you mentioned. But even so you seem to discount the fact that plat frequently disappears from people literally having to buy slots for frames and weapons if they want to progress in mastery, while, keeping their favorite weapon or getting a collection of frames. To do this you NEED plat which is facilitated by the multiplier effect which is caused from aforementioned trading, in which not all the value one person has goes to someone else.

You also seem to forget normal profit in the fact that when you break even,it also includes their variable and fixed costs such as their salaries, the cost of their  and anything extra is just bonus, however, I will agree on them meeting specified profit margins especially with PW on them now.

And on rip-offs I point you to the difference in PA accessories for consoles vs PCs.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but too many people assume that just because something is set in one way one day, it will always be that way. DE can just changes anything at any time.

In future, there is no reason why those mods or gear will not be available in other ways. Things usually start as hard to obtain and gradually get easier, and not the other way around.

While I appreciate your point, I was mainly denoting that the items stocked by the trader repeat. This was in response to people who felt obliged to farm each week for items when they didn't know if they'd be featured again.

DE can of course change that at any time, however I would be surprised if they straight up removed items from the rotation. Items do normally become more accessible over time (event mods etc) although I doubt that Primed mods will move from the trader's stock. 

Has everyone who wants more credits (but no plat for boosters) used the --VoidCrystal -- code on the plat page yet? A free 3 day cred and affinity booster ideal for use on the double credit weekend. This is mentioned multiple times on the forums, Reddit and within most clans. Still a band aid of sorts (or plaster for us non Americans) but its free and allows you to get 4x creds this weekend.

I agree with DSpite, having more things to do isn't a problem. I see getting regular waves of content for a game that I play for free to be nothing but good. There will always be people that want to collect everything, just as there will be people that feel entitled to have everything all the time. The latter is the group who can start causing problems.

While some of the prices are high, all content takes effort. If someone has such a massive problem with the effort involved then perhaps they should re-evaluate their approach, or even their continuing use of the game. 

Edited by SoyMalone

How much employees need to work to make a skin?? there are ppl i know which are capable of making complete custom skin for lol, 3d model for warthunder or wot or dota2 in a week on their own and they have no education in that field.

1 skin wont pay for whole company expenses but studio can roll out pretty big amount of skins and other stuff into game every week, de even proven that throwing out new weapon every week(now every 2 weeks) back in u7.

But i took my time and look up on internet (http://www.digitalextremes.com/careers/postings), 2 job offers have their salary posted and lets be pretty optimistic wtih math, lets check how much can 800k per skin pay in top salaries for 3d artist, with 85k $ yearly it will be 7k a month, 114 salaries paid by few persons working on a skin for up to 2 weeks, while rest of studio sits on their asses doing nothing.

Im not assuming that registered will be active, every person registered is expected to pay, thats reality and if your game isnt good enough for majority of ppl to put 1$ on it to get skin they want, then sorry theres no real excuse for that.

Then math is only for 10%, not much considering low price and appeal of said item.

You still forget about 1 thing, im talking about making profit, not maximizing it.

Then another example, 5 euro dlc by payday 2, introducing 3 weapons with full 3d model and additional parts, pretty much a 3d modular skin with stats and sometimes new mechanics attached. Still making profit good enough to pledge extra 2 years of support. Also nearly every big sale is 50-80% discount on payday 2 and dlcs. Overkill actually did it right, 2$ per weapon.

Edited by Davoodoo

Why isn't this topic closed yet? Baro kiteer is rotating so this entire calculation does not make sense..

If you watched devstream de stopped releasing new stuff cause ppl were running out of ducats and credits, as soon as we get some stockpiled there will be new items and problem will raise once again.

Edited by Davoodoo

Why isn't this topic closed yet? Baro kiteer is rotating so this entire calculation does not make sense..

Because besides being a topic about Baro-Ki-Teer, it was also highlighting the insane cost of ranking up mods, and how 'incredibly low' credit gain is in general. So whenever they nerf credits, or keep coming out with things which cost millions of credits, it fuels the anger in this topic about DE's behaviour towards the playerbase whenever they keep asking us to spend even more millions, that people dont have, or very soon wont have, because right now everybody is being drained of their stockpiles by the insane demand.

Its hard enough for some people to feed their kubrow let alone keep up with further purchases, as the Kubrow itself was intended as a small money sink.

This topic right now is still hot because the problem is worsening, and DE so far havent reacted very much.

At this current time, the credit drain is already causing people to Zero out, and join the recession....and then quit cos that.

The game is currently asking for too many credits, and not enough basic resources.

Stockpiling and then burst expenditure is not a working business model..it would simply delay content or mod releases.

So what can DE do?

Well they need to make EVERY PLAYSTYLE more profitable so people arent left out....currenty Stealth Players are getting screwed the most. So ill just come up with some random ideas.

Mission reward credits: +150% Increase (does not include player owned nodes). Nobody likes to replay old nodes and be told they only got 2500 credits for doing so, thats a slap in the face to everybody. 6250 would be more helpful and enticing.

PickPocketing System: For the poorest playerbase, the stealth gamer. Allow melee Stealth-Assasinations to garauntee that enemys will drop a reasonable bundle of credits. Were pirates right? we dont truly steal yet.

Lockers Loot 2.0: Lockers are a complete waste of time right now, when it comes to Time-Vs-reward, these things are insulting. Increase Locker-Profits. Things to include: 500 credits, 1000 Credits, Rare 3000 credits. Larger variety of potential mod drops. Greater Affinity Balls: 100 Affinity, 300 Affinity, 750 Affinity, Rare 1500 Affinity.

Increase in general to Enemy Credit drops: It is insulting for an enemy to drop 1 credit or 25 credits. One of the big reasons people have to look for farm methods like Egate is because of how stingy the drop reward is for regular gameplay. People shouldnt have to break the game, to play the game. Large increase to Enemy Credit drops.

Edited by SnakeWildlife

If you watched devstream de stopped releasing new stuff cause ppl were running out of ducats and credits, as soon as we get some stockpiled there will be new items and problem will raise once again.

This is why i hate these so called "completionist" and their whiny, obsessive nature.

THEY are whats wrong with WF. We only get 1-2 new items per rotation because of them, not because of some scheme from DE. AFK, LoS, and all changes are because of THEM. Because they farm obsessively, whine obsessively, and burn through content obsessively.

IMO, if people like the OP hate the Void Trader so much just remove it and no more Primed Mods ever. Then we won't have any more of these 37 page mega-whine threads.

Personally, I was hyped for Void Trader initially, but months of the same things when there are hundreds of mods they could potentially prime just makes him worthless. It would take many, many years to get a good selection of Primed mods at this rate and by that time I will (likely) be done with the game.

This is why i hate these so called "completionist" and their whiny, obsessive nature.

THEY are whats wrong with WF. We only get 1-2 new items per rotation because of them, not because of some scheme from DE. AFK, LoS, and all changes are because of THEM. Because they farm obsessively, whine obsessively, and burn through content obsessively.

They actually play optimally and while im not supporting exploits and outright bugusing they are in fact victims of de decisions. If grind was adjusted to not overstay its welcome ppl would play the game normally.

All changes are due to de decisions, these ppl are actually playing the game de thought they will, they are acquiring everything, however instead of paying $$$ like de wished they farmed so de again wanted to make farm less appealing introducing yet another sink in form of void trader.

You cant put blame on players for the state of the game, all fault will always lie with developers.

Edited by Davoodoo

This comment is disgusting and reeks of victim blaming.

Nobody forced DE to do these things, they seemed pretty good at ignoring people before. Players themselves cannot make changes to the game, that responsibility is with DE and DE alone.

This is like a cook blaming a customer that the food they served was rotten.

Yyyeah us completionists are here fighting to trying and help everyone here especially the new players (and you...)...so you know, before you go crying "completionist wah wah"  Im not here trying to fix the credit blackhole to suit myself. I love Warframe, and want to invite new friends into the game (iv already brought over 30 people into Warframe), how can i do that now when theyre the most screwed of the playerbase?    Iv stopped inviting friends because of this black hole they are thrown into.

There is no selfish goals here, take your 'anti-completionist' complaints elsewhere, its an invalid complaint here.

Edited by SnakeWildlife

While there are many tweaks that need to be made in order to make content more income friendly and balanced against expenditure, that isn't the real problem. 

It is the reaction from many people, not necessarily completionists when changes are made. Especially when things are nerfed. 

The players I'm referring to are the type to react to the Synoid nerf as ruining the game for them. People that feel like they've been personally wronged by DE's attempts to balance aspects of the game for the greater good. I'm not saying DE are perfect by any means, they have made some major missteps in the past, but changes do need to be made 

Even this thread. While good points have been made about the potential income vs expenditure issue there have been people that can't understand why content can't all be completed before more is released. Tall claims about the economy falling into a black hole or spiralling out of control with no evidence and plenty of caps. 

Even OP's last post :

There is no selfish goals here, take your 'anti-completionist' complaints elsewhere, its an invalid complaint here.

He stated that he wants to max all content before more comes out. While he also wants to help lower level players and bring new people to the game this doesn't offset the fact that he wants everything maxed before more things come out. That in itself is a selfish attitude. 

We 'that is the overwhelming majority' want it to actually be possible to stay up to date 'and complete' the content that is given to us, before more is released 'and we are unable to keep up'

I want all the things so I can help others in game isn't a valid argument to have everything.

More to the point - how long would the game last if everyone could do what he wants - max everything before more content is released. Tall claims about the economy have been made, but I guarantee you that if ALL players could MAX ALL CONTENT (primed mods etc) before the next wave hits the game would fail, and fail hard.

Edited by SoyMalone

meh

I think DE went overboard with Arcane Enhancements and their acquisition, even though they have nerfed credit cost of using AEs so those practically pay for themselves now with the 300k credits raid reward.

However with all the rotations we're getting on primed mods i think their cost has to be put in a new perspective, i haven't been farming cores for over a month and have all primed mods maxed besides Heavy Trauma, Pistol Ammo Mutation & Ravage, since i use those on extactly 0 builds. I still have enough cores left to max 3 new primed mods right of the bat.

I made 30kk credits so far with the double weekend which will easily suffice for lots of months to come. And come on now,  3 day credit booster are 40p, that's rediculously cheap, it's like 60 minutes playtime to get that through trades at most.

So tl;dr, imo mods are fine, credits are fine, but AEs amounts are over the top.

• 3 weeks later...

I am a R19 founder and 'No real life' gamer who spends around 10-16 hours per day on Warframe, farming resources, credits, ducats and just about everything. I not only farm the game heavily for resources for myself, but i help many new players get a good start from the rather depressing and deep bottom.

For me, this has given me an excessive amount of everything because i have been playing like a zombie, at great sacrifice to my life, both in time and financially. I just love Warframe that much. I even took a picture with Chris Barry in my Warframe shirt (thats Rimmer from the british version of Red Dwarf)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74747669/Paul%20with%20Chris%20Barrie.png

Being in this position allows me to see very clearly whenever things are affordable, expensive, or downright impossible...and unfortunately recent additions to the game, are making things impossible, even for a 'No life' gamer and heavy investor like me. Which is why i hope DE will read this, and take my calculations and evidence based advice, very seriously.

So having played way too much Warframe you would think, what could possibly be urking someone like me? Well:

------------------

Part 1:  Upgrading Mods - Their costs.

------------------

Everytime you release a mod with x10 Rank-Up Levels, it takes the community a huge amount of time and resources to be able to rank up this mod.

This screenshot is 3 Real-Life months worth of Fusion cores, earned through constant regular play to achieve, and i am going to use them to rank up a Primed Mod, of which one of these is being released, in intervals of less than 2 weeks each.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74747669/InsaneCost.jpg

It will cost me approximately 4 months 'No life' work, to rank up this mod.

It will cost me over x700 R5 Fusion Cores or over x3000 mod duplicates of the same polarity, to rank up this mod.

It will cost me over 1.8 million credits with fusion cores, and over 4 million credits with mod duplicates, to rank up this 1 mod.

I have blown all my mods. (after this screenshot of course, and yes the duplicates too are spent)

My gross Credit income since the beginnings of Warframe in constant-play, is 140,000,000 credits, it has already been drained down to 56,000,000 and these mods to buy and upgrade are asking for an approx  3,200,000 Credits, per <2 weeks.

What makes this even more rediculous...is that for most of my time playing Warframe, iv had almost constant Double-Credit booster enabled.

THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE to afford, and to maintain in this game. Even super rich players, cannot afford to keep this up for long. This throws New Players into the trashcan, before they have even started. Any business, in order to generate revenue, needs more customers.

CONCLUSION: You must stop with these outrageous costs, before its too late. Fix your economy to allow people who play the game, to afford what they work hard to achieve, before you intimidate and terrify them away. It is needed, and needed fast. It can be done in many and/or multiple ways, preferably all of them:

-Fusion Core drop rate significantly increased.

-Fusion Core potency significantly increased in Mod Fusion.

-Credit Cost of Fusion Significantly Decreased

Mod Fusion is currently unaffordable and impossible, by a whopping 2/3rds over any possible effort that can be made to keep up. So you must understand why the cost of Fusion, needs a TITANIC sized nerf.

-----------------

Part 2: Ducat/Credit costs of Ducat purchases.

-----------------

If you thought farming for Fusion Cores and Mods for Fusion took up so much time and resources, well then how would you feel if the game said, whilst you're doing that you need to spend another huge amount of time and resources, farming for Ducats and even more credits, to keep up with Ducat Purchases.

Rich people are very quickly having their hard-earned pile of Void keys Drained away by the large amount of time needed per <2 weeks, to get enough Ducats to make a Ducat-Purchase. Whilst people who arent that rich, are very swiftly running out of keys, and holding onto the legs of those who are burning their keys WITH them.

It takes a great deal of time to Farm for keys. I recommend Excavations, theyre quite helpful.

It takes a good portion of time to also run those Void missions for potential Ducats.

You have less than 2 weeks to farm approximately 1100 Ducats (the average so far)

You have less than 2 weeks to farm for multiples of 100,000+ Cost Ducat Purchases, whilst trying to have enough credits to put into fusion.

You need approximately 1100 Ducats and 800,000 Credits per <2 weeks.

THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE to afford even by rich players in the long run (were currently being drained of everything we have in reserve and spending countless hours trying to get those resources back) and new/regular players are only barely able to afford 1 Ducat-Purchase per <2 weeks.

CONCLUSION: Once again, you must stop with these outrageous costs, and Fix your economy. Any of these may help to allow people to actually afford any of this:

-Reduce:

> Primed Mods from 300 - to - 200 Ducats.

> Primed Mods cost No credits (it already costs a unrealistic fortune in rank-up costs)

> Ducat-Purchase Weapons to cost no more than 300 Ducats

> Ducat-Purchase Weapons to cost no more than 100,000 Credits

> Miscellaneous Sigils cost no more than 20 Ducats, 20,000 Credits

> Miscellaneous Costume Parts cost no more than 50 Ducats, 20,000 Credits

------------------

Part 3:  Why such high reductions in Costs and Boosts to the Economy and Drop tables?

------------------

Easy math once you see the big picture.

You need to spend a large amount of time every <2 Weeks to earn:

-Approx  1100 Ducats

-Approx  800,000 Credits

This is impossible for new players, and becoming impossible for rich/hardcore players to maintain affording.

And whilst youre playing, are expected on the side within each <2 Weeks to save up to afford:

-Approx 2000+ Mods

-Approx 2,500,000 Credits

You need to farm as much as 4 months nonstop gaming, in less than 2 weeks, constantly.

------------------

OVERALL CONCLUSION:

------------------

THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE.  

The economy is close to shattering, because there is no possible way to keep up. If this isn't addressed soon, the bubble will burst with the potential effects being mass desertion from non rich players, and players who ARE rich, will start to hit the barrier of impossibility, and be forced out.

Much business revenue will be lost, including from *Whale players who are forced out to due to things literally being out of reach.

*(Whale: Common gamers term for a player with so much real life money, they just buy everything in-game, as much as they like)

My message to DE, is to see and understand this predicament that we the players are currently in, and reforge Ducat-Purchase Costs to a much lower level, reforge Rank-Up costs to a much lower level. And prevent a large loss of business when the bubble pops.

You are currently working on Expanding Mods 2.0 in the Council channel (a huge influx of new mods). Further worrying your dedicated players, as the 'Bar of Possibility' seems set to go even higher over the 'Impossible bar'.  Please consider ingame costs! Before its too late.

Sorry, yet again for the wall of text, i can only hope that i can continue to bring my friends into Warframe, and keep supporting you whilst i can, but at the current rate, soon i too (even though i have invested much time and money into the game) will hit the mark where i cannot afford the latest released items/mods. Once i hit that mark, i will likely be forced to leave. With the realisation that after all i have done, i am unable to reach what i work for. Please do not continue the current economy, as everything is becoming far too overpriced and out of reach.

I can only do so much in 10-16 hours of Warframe per day.

I am on the verge of just breaking apart. My reserves, are quickly being destroyed by the impossible demand that you ask of us.

EDIT:  What happens if you want to BUY your way into beating the wall of impossibility? This is what happens:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74747669/TheMath.png

I have done the calculations for you, to show you how much platinum you need to spend, per <2 weeks, in order to remain on top of the current speed of R10 Mod releases. Presuming that only 1 Primed Mod is released per <2 weeks. And this does not include the amount of farming required (still) to earn void keys and spend void keys to obtain the 1100 ducats.

You can farm 30 cores an hour.

But with credit cost's, I can agree to some level.

Btw, using duplicate mod's of the same type is the cheapest.

[Order]

Same Mod

Same polarity

Core

not the same polarity

As you can see, using a card thats. Not the same polarity will cost as much as a fusion core.

"Credit Cost of Fusion Significantly Decreased"

- I disagree with this. Fusion cores cost the most because of the simple fact they are a random card. Using the same card is the intended method of maxing a mod (this deals with recieving a file of duplicate mods)

"It takes a good portion of time to also run those Void missions for potential Ducats."

-It takes 60 seconds on captures/ 2 minutes on Ext

"You have less than 2 weeks to farm approximately 1100 Ducats (the average so far)"

- I have farmed 1000 Ducts in under 1hr 30minutes. Stop making up fake numbers

"THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE to afford even by rich players in the long run (were currently being drained of everything we have in reserve and spending countless hours trying to get those resources back)

-I play for a few hours a day when I'm not working on illustrations, and I can do what you claim is "Impossible"

"-Reduce: "

> Primed Mods from 300 - to - 200 Ducats.

> Primed Mods cost No credits (it already costs a unrealistic fortune in rank-up costs)

> Ducat-Purchase Weapons to cost no more than 300 Ducats

> Ducat-Purchase Weapons to cost no more than 100,000 Credits

> Miscellaneous Sigils cost no more than 20 Ducats, 20,000 Credits

> Miscellaneous Costume Parts cost no more than 50 Ducats, 20,000 Credits

No.

Because you make false claims to be MR 19, and also claim to be a "no Life gamer" Yet against me, a normal player from Closed Beta who for a FACT plays about 4 hours daily or less Can somehow Magically Fare better off in this game than someone like you who claims to game even longer.

"You need to spend a large amount of time every <2 Weeks to earn:"

-Approx  1100 Ducats

-Approx  800,000 Credits

It take's me 2 hours to get Credit amount, 1hr 30 for Ducts. This is with the random junk from RNGesus getting in the way too.

"And whilst youre playing, are expected on the side within each <2 Weeks to save up to afford:"

-Approx 2000+ Mods

-Approx 2,500,000 Credits

"You need to farm as much as 4 months nonstop gaming, in less than 2 weeks, constantly."

First of all, It takes 2 maybe 3 days to collect all the Fusion cores to rank up to 10.

As for credit's, it's a small issue, but unless you max every 10 mod in the game. The cost is not noticeable.

Edited by Letter13
Removed disrespectful statements

-snip-

For you it seems like youre trying to show off how youre better than him and hes a scrub because you *say* you got better results. In terms of the average player, i could not see someone getting that amount of credits in that short of a time, let alone the ducats.