Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hostage Basic Training 101

Neigh

I would like to recommend that all 'captains' and other high class VIPs who indubitably would get captured at one point of their career, and thus need rescuing, undergo a 'basic hostage training' course. It does not need to be necessarily lengthy and detailed, however it would ultimately give them great life skills which would, without a doubt, be crucial during their rescue attempts, thus increasing their chance of survival while reducing the stress, that their suicide attempts cause the Tenno trying to rescue them.

This short course should primarily include:

- Basic lift training and operation. Although I understand that this may be above the pay grade or the skill level of a captain put in charge of an inter-galactic ship with countless of lives on board, it would surely be a huge confidence booster for an up and coming captain to be able to press a button to call an elevator, and walk onto the said elevator without help! Of course it would also mean that if I am trying to rescue them, they hopefully would not try to run out of the elevator before it leaves because an enemy happened to run in after us, and should that still happen, they would still be able to catch up instead of standing at the elevator while being eaten away by an infested...

- Which brings me to the next point - basic self preservation. Clearly, captains are immune to pain, and in fact seem to ENJOY standing in the middle of a swarm of.... entities that inflict a vast amount of pain... while having their limbs slowly torn apart. A little movement, perhaps even running in the direction of the Tenno trying to rescue them, and then in such vicinity would mean that their rescuer doesn't have to dramatically jump in front of all the talons, bullets and lazers coming their way, and EVERYONE can go home. Of course they do this fairly well if they are inside a lift, that an enemy just ran into - because.... uhh.... claustrophobia? (perhaps the criteria of recruitment for these captains can be looked at).

- Physical Training. Self explanatory. In a fast paced environment where one has to haul &#! to not be eaten by... infested alien things... they should at least be able to somewhat sprint with their rescuers. Sure, I understand that certain Tenno would have modifications to boost their speed and would be fairly more accustomed to moving in combat, however if their rescuer can carry a bunch of guns, ammo, a sword or two, be still killing a couple of enemies here and there - all this while running, is it too much to ask for the captain to at least keep up?

- Relative positioning. I understand that being kept prisoner does certain things to anyone - but from the looks of it, those are nice spacious single-occupant cells (not like those nasty general population cells with one toilet and no gravity stabilizers). All I'm saying is, IT COULD BE WORSE! Standing between your rescuer and the enemies, trying to catch projectiles being shot from both directions, is really NOT the most practical solution. Even if it IS the easier way out than 'running' or 'using lifts'.

- Lastly, it is worth noting that perhaps these captives would have a better view of life, if they knew they had a hope or at least some chance of survival after they leave their cell with you - under the current 'rescue' protocols. The best case scenario (and 'best' can be debated here - as it's 'best' for the Tenno rescuing them, while the captive now has to run, dodge bullets, and take a few stray hits instead of staying in a reasonably secure cell) - is you make it to the launching pad, the Tenno ejects leaving an open dock in the hull that sucks out all air pressure. The captive gets to see this happen by standing pretty much right in front of the now huge hole in the hull. With a bunch of very 'angry' baddies about to pounce on them. On a ship that you have possibly sabotaged the reactor on and is going to explode, or re-routed to crash into the next space anomaly. Yeah - I would want to try and hinder such a 'rescue attempt' too - with my own life if necessary - if I was put in their place. 

I hope that a review of the above mentioned would yield some desirable results. If the system is designed to punish the captains for being captured, that is understandable, although in that case I believe the Tenno would be much more useful executing the mission as such, rather than a 'rescue cover up'.

(Because really, having failed the same mission 3 times now because the damn captive keeps getting stuck at a lift, and then dying by standing in a horde of enemies before I can come back up is getting frustrating. Happened twice in a row, third time the guy ran out just as the lift started going down. Once on solo, and the other two times with other people in the game).

I think any prisoner on an infested ship has been stuck there from before the ship was infested so some mental deficiencies are expected.

How on earth they've avoided the Technocyte Plague is unknown and at the very least extracting there lifeless bodies (should the worst happen) in the same manner as a capture mission would be highly educational and give family members something to bury (even if it is only ashes).