Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wyrm's Laser Rifle

Engelheim

Question

14 answers to this question

Is there any point into supercharging this? The damage is only 3 and it seems pointless to put mods on it to increase damage.

Depending on how much you find yourself need that extra support from your sentinel fire. Upgrade it a bit and it can still kill things pretty well, and elemental mods makes it good crowd controller with all the elemental effect hindering enemies. But you can do fine without it being charged.

Well, the base damage of just 3 is not the whole story at all.  

Leveling it up with a potato and a good set of mods tagging along really transforms the sentinel into not only a life saver but also a sidekick that call easily stun and kill lower level enemies.  That is way more than some of team mates I often pug with.  ;)

So yeah, its laser rifle can be pretty good and well worth it.

Is there any point into supercharging this? The damage is only 3 and it seems pointless to put mods on it to increase damage.

Greetings.

Logic would argue so, however, it seems that in-game a different story is sung.

Given strong support from proper mods the little devil is capable of eliminating level 20s by itself, and do considerable damage to level 30s.

I'd encourage you to upgrade it.

Best Regards,

I don't think new sentinel/ sent. weapons will be available soon, so if you have spare potatoes, it's always extra dmg!

Regarding the mods:

I use Wyrm as a crowd controller, so anything that stops the enemy works for me. Without the catalyst it can still work as effective.

-3 elements [each can trigger separately an animation and make them stop attacking]

-Thunderclap + Speedtrigger + Splitchamber [stun fest, mod level helps increasing chances]

Still, if you're more into offense, the wikia has some good info (http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Wyrm_Sentinel)

These mods have been tested as NOT working (or unaffecting) on Wyrm's rifle:

All the other mods work just as usual. A good Wyrm rifle loadout would be:

Considering the Wyrm seems to never run out of ammo and considering the "0 power" consumption every time it fires, it is assumed that its rifle is an extention of Warrior, which would activate the said rifle, hence why there is no ammo is needed.

Cryo Rounds.  If the sentinel doesn't kill the roller, you actually have a chance to shoot it now, because it's slowed.  Also the Thunderclap/Speedtrigger/Splitchamber trick mentioned earlier.

Cryo Rounds.  If the sentinel doesn't kill the roller, you actually have a chance to shoot it now, because it's slowed.  Also the Thunderclap/Speedtrigger/Splitchamber trick mentioned earlier.

Sounds like a plan. Now if I could find those *grin*

I actually did get my first Speed Trigger earlier today. I've yet to find a single elemental mod for rifles (I have one for pistol and two for melee).

I would put priority on the main weapons that you are using first. If you have supercharged all your weapons, then go to Sentinels.

imo, no matter how buffed up your Sentinel weapons are, it cannot compare with yours.