Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Good Rifle?

WestJ

Question

22 answers to this question

i bought the Gorgon and used it for 30 minutes, it was as good as i thought it would be but maybe its not my type of weapon but i know other players make good use of it and make it look so goooood!

Depends on your gameplay.

Boltor is good enough, but in long range it suffers from the chaotic bolt movements.

Latron is an accurate headshot machine, but the semi-auto and limited clip size is quite a drawback.

Braton (the recently buffed) is an overall jack-of-all-trades, which don't have any important strength or weaknesses.

Braton Vandal is the more accurate (and slower RoF) version of Braton, but only available if you played from Close Beta. It will never be available again. T-T

Gorgon is a meat mincer, with high damage and amazing RoF... but with horrible accuracy (after the spooling done). I don't know if the recent patch is already give Gorgon its glory back (the first shot was unusually very accurate before 7.9, you could even head snipe with it)

Burston is... Pack quite enough damage with 3-burst shot... Which could cause you ammo starved if you needlessly throw your shot everywhere with its recoil. You need some serious training to get used to this.

Braton + potato = godlike.

Boltor is very good vs grineer because it ignores armor. I've read that when you put armor piercing on it actually amplifies the dmg vs armored units.

Not sure for Gorgon though. Thinking of trying it right now.

Had Boltor, leveling Braton, i'm very satisfied of it beside the first 9-10 levels, now at lvl 25 i find it very good...

Try it, after i would suggest to use Boltor against grineers and Braton against anything else

Besides the mighty power of the Boltor which i have been use for a very long time I would like to know does anyone think there is anything better?

HEK now has an effective range upto ~20 meters (the cut off distance, beyond this it does too little damage to bother with), with the damage fall-off starting around ~15 meters.

It is not as great as it used to be, but it is still highly effective and, with Tactical Pump and Ammo Stock, still exceeds the combat-effectiveness of most other weapons.

Best Regards,

well it seems that i should use two primary guns like this, the Boltor for Grineer because of its high armor piecing  which just makes the Grineer forces look a packet of cotton lol, and i should use the Vandal Braton for other types of enemies because it has a good rate of fire to take down those shields they have right??  

Braton + potato = godlike.

Boltor is very good vs grineer because it ignores armor. I've read that when you put armor piercing on it actually amplifies the dmg vs armored units.

Not sure for Gorgon though. Thinking of trying it right now.

Adding an ap mod doesn't amplify dmg, it just adds more dmg like any elemental mod. AP damage is extra damage that ignores armour, but is less effective against infested which have high ap resist; inherent armour ignore on a weapon means the weapons base damage is unaffected by armored enemies.

Depends on your gameplay.

Gorgon is a meat mincer, with high damage and amazing RoF... but with horrible accuracy (after the spooling done). I don't know if the recent patch is already give Gorgon its glory back (the first shot was unusually very accurate before 7.9, you could even head snipe with it)

The Gorgon since the latest hotfix is better than it was accuracy wise.  You can now get decent (emphasis on decent) medium to long range shot accuracy using it as a semi-auto.  It is by no means the 100% headshot machine it was, and anything across a long room forget about it, but it is still viable for medium range semi-auto sniping if you get the feel for it.

Burston.

Nah, go with the Braton. Or Gorgon, if you like horrible spread patterns.

Yep, people underestimate the Braton constantly, or confusing it witht he starter gun (MK-1 Braton). Drop a potato in there, and stuff it with dmg/elemental/AP mods and it's a beast at mid range. Full auto into crowds is extremely effective, and short controlled bursts against single targets are bordering on surgical. A versatile and efficient weapon, when properly tweaked.

But don't forget Grakata; while the recoil is sky high and the damage is dirt low, the RoF, crit rate, and the clip size might made you a mass crit dealer. The drawback is it only shines on high rank (>20), potatoed of course, and with some serious mods.

I prefer the Boltor but my second favorite is the Braton.  It can be ammo starved at times but overall you can;t really go wrong with it.  With some fore rate mods, mine fires bullets at SMG like speeds :)

The Gorgon is decent and you can still get some semi-accurate shots by tapping fire.  It's no longer Latron accurate but it's not as bad as some might make it out to be either.

Still, the Braton is only 8k and very easy to get into.  I'd suggest it to anyone. 

I say the Gorgon, at first it might not seem like you like it, but once you get those mods and that potato on it, it's amazing. You can kill a huge group of them fast as hell. And for bosses, you can keep their shields down while the rest of your team is reloading. The only downfall to this weapon is the accuracy at long range, and even then, if you use it as a semi-auto it's fine.