Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentinel Question

Slorch

Question

5 answers to this question

I would get the shade, even if you want to play offensively.

The ability to go invisible near the enemy is useful to:

- reload

- recharge shield/energy/health (with the appropriate artifacts)

You seem to cloak even if you're nearby passive sentries... I'm not sure if this is intentional or is something that will change later.

I haven't fully leveled all of my wyrm abilities, but I felt as though it's offensive contribution was always very minimal in comparison to the warframe abilities and weapons.

Go the shade; you won't regret the utility.

Wyrm is useful for 2 things that Shade cannot do.

1) Applying slow/stun/electric effects to nearby enemies (using Warrior precept)

2) Pointing out mobs that you dont see...because Wyrm aggros on sight (again, warrior precept).

I bought the Wyrm on release, but because its Crowd Dispersion precept either does not work, or sucks terribly, Wrym has been relegated to applying Freeze damage to incoming mobs...

Looking back on it, the periodic cloak of Shade is probably more useful.  Plus, they can both use Guardian (shield restore), which is arguably the best. thing. ever.

Edited by honeybadger

I enjoy them both equally but as mentioned above it depends more on your play style than anything else.  

As long as they replenish my shields when I'm being stupid and the finish off the enemies that I did not completely kill then they are doing just fine.  The ghost ability of the Shade sentinel can come in handy even if if stealth is not your primary tactic.  The "stun lock" ability of the wyrm is also pretty promising when you are surrounded or like being on the enemies face most of the time.  ;)

Edited by Just3ven