Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Rare And Endangered Leech Osprey

Chromosis

I have an urgent message for all of you today.  The Leech Osprey, a beautiful and majestic creature known for its vibrant green metal plumage and leech shooting thingy, is endangered.  Many of our most passionate ornithologists have been unable to find this magical creature in any of its natural habitats, such as Neptune, Europa, or Pluto.  Some have been spotted on Mars, but the jury is out on whether they can be found en mass there.

Please, help us find more......

So we can go and murder them for their pigments that I need 300 more of.  I mean, come on, they deserve it.

mars interception round 4 they start to appear. May need 3 or more people to make them appear.

The mission is augustus btw. and from my experience doing exactly what youre doing OP round 4 they show up then you wont see any more till round 6 or 7 then theyll be there pretty much every wave. good luck and happy hunt- er researching and preserving

Edited by Caobie

definitely augustus mars, cap all 4 towers in round 1,2,3 and then only cap 3 towers from round 4+    (chance of more spawning)

i usually go to round 9 then extract since i solo farmed it

my best was 40 pigments at the end of 9 rounds

my lowest was 21 at the end of 9 rounds

also sometimes exterminate alerts involving the corpus drop 10-14 a mission, got a few that way too, try solo those if you can so you dont miss any pigments

Do your Syndicate Alerts as well. I've noticed that in the rank 5 ones, Leech Ospreys tend to exist.

As do Flameblades and Powerfists, the first time I saw one of those in a Syndicate Alert I felt oddly nostalgic ("I haven't seen these guys in ages!").