Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Prime - Updated Visual Design Concept And Suggestion [Artwork Included] _ Version 2.0 Nov.2015

Volkovyi

I must agree as of right now, Loki Prime is by far the most beautiful Prime Warframe. He has many additions to his body in comparison to the original. I believe it would be only fair to have every Prime Warframe have the same number of additions.

Until you apply the Immortal skin. Then he just looks like a normal Loki with balloon animal thigh armor.

Currently the only prime Warframes (that I have access to) that are even remotely compatible with skins are Frost Prime, Mag Prime, and Ember Prime.

As much as I like your additions, particularly the extra tubing around the pack, having things just glued to a frame does nothing for me.

Until you apply the Immortal skin. Then he just looks like a normal Loki with balloon animal thigh armor.

Currently the only prime Warframes (that I have access to) that are even remotely compatible with skins are Frost Prime, Mag Prime, and Ember Prime.

As much as I like your additions, particularly the extra tubing around the pack, having things just glued to a frame does nothing for me.

My apologies, but I would never apply Immortal Skins to Prime Warframes. The entire charm of Prime Warframes is that they have their own aesthetic, they come with their unique helmets, unique patterns, and unique tints of gold. Applying skins or even default helmets to a Prime Warframe completely ruins their image, then you might as well have kept the original Warframe instead of the Prime.

The newer Warframe Primes have become more complex with added unique pieces of armor that just adds more beauty to their visage. With this concept I only wish perhaps to bring attention to the fact that the older Prime Warframes, the ones which you have just listed as well, appear lacking in unique additions in comparison. It would be fair to have each Prime Warframe have an equal number of additions/alterations that can be equipped or unequipped if someone wishes to paint over their charm.

My apologies, but I would never apply Immortal Skins to Prime Warframes. The entire charm of Prime Warframes is that they have their own aesthetic, they come with their unique helmets, unique patterns, and unique tints of gold. Applying skins or even default helmets to a Prime Warframe completely ruins their image, then you might as well have kept the original Warframe instead of the Prime.

The newer Warframe Primes have become more complex with added unique pieces of armor that just adds more beauty to their visage. With this concept I only wish perhaps to bring attention to the fact that the older Prime Warframes, the ones which you have just listed as well, appear lacking in unique additions in comparison. It would be fair to have each Prime Warframe have an equal number of additions/alterations that can be equipped or unequipped if someone wishes to paint over their charm.

Nor would I ask you to. It's just as long as the option exists it should be accounted for. Although I would like to point out that the next logical step in your argument is that we shouldn't be able to recolor them either.

Complexity isn't necessarily a bad thing, though I would rather see refinement of features over simple additions. As such I personally think Ember Prime is exactly where she should be. Her more delicate thigh armor ties in nicely with the cables on her torso as well as her helmet and shoulder armor. None of it looks tacked on. In addition because the structural differences for Ember Prime are mostly gold there aren't huge blobs of off color if you do decide to use a skin.

Therein lies my only complaint over the new Prime Frames. The additions don't all mesh as well as they could. For some it's a matter of the sculpt, while others seem to lack direction. (If you can see a design purpose beyond 'something has to go here' for Loki Prime's thigh armor please share.) If your proposed changes were used they certainly wouldn't fall prey to the latter, and there's few places I can see the former affecting. Lotus knows Frost Prime needs to be less top heavy when it comes to gold (nor would cloth physics hurt, but that's another topic).

Nor would I ask you to. It's just as long as the option exists it should be accounted for. Although I would like to point out that the next logical step in your argument is that we shouldn't be able to recolor them either.

Complexity isn't necessarily a bad thing, though I would rather see refinement of features over simple additions. As such I personally think Ember Prime is exactly where she should be. Her more delicate thigh armor ties in nicely with the cables on her torso as well as her helmet and shoulder armor. None of it looks tacked on. In addition because the structural differences for Ember Prime are mostly gold there aren't huge blobs of off color if you do decide to use a skin.

Therein lies my only complaint over the new Prime Frames. The additions don't all mesh as well as they could. For some it's a matter of the sculpt, while others seem to lack direction. (If you can see a design purpose beyond 'something has to go here' for Loki Prime's thigh armor please share.) If your proposed changes were used they certainly wouldn't fall prey to the latter, and there's few places I can see the former affecting. Lotus knows Frost Prime needs to be less top heavy when it comes to gold (nor would cloth physics hurt, but that's another topic).

In this thread your concern seems to be the minority. Some Warframes by design have no room to have existing meshes altered, such as Ember Prime's thigh armor. Some do, such as Nova Prime's shoulder jets. Each is unique, but my concept art in this thread is after the only common factor amongst designs. And that being the number of alterations or lack thereof. It should be a fair amount between all Prime Warframes, new and old.

I will not discuss this topic further, as it does not add to the concept art above, but I will say that Loki Prime is firmly one of the most beautiful Prime Warframes. His entire visage is deliberate, including his thigh armor which adds an unique and elegant silhouette to his anatomy. However I can not force others to change their minds.

Good day sir.

Frost isn't the only Prime that could use a visual upgrade, I can also think of Mag Prime's lackluster. On top of that, the only benefit to Ember Prime is her helmet; while she's already pretty flamboyant on her own, I'd love to see a more fleshed out mesh for her body.

Rhino is the only Prime Warframe that brought some serious improvements to the models, but even those upgrades weren't too adventurous. The holy mother of pauldrons and hip augments were a nice touch, but I feel it could've been brought a step forward like we saw with Loki, Nyx and Nova. I wonder what's in the works for Volt Prime, on that note.

Excalibur is beautiful in its simplicity, but I'd be a liar if I said I didn't want a consistent upgrade to the Excalibur Prime meshes; if I wanted to play a plain Excalibur, I'd choose the basic Warframe. Currently, Excalibur Prime is nothing but an Excalibur skin with some gold flakes on it and an unique helmet for good measure.

This is a fantastic design Liger, I hope the art direction at DE will seriously consider something like this.

I'd love to see you tackle Mag, Ember and Excalibur as well in the future.

Edited by Naaru

• 2 weeks later...

WHY IS THIS TAKING SO LONG

Lol srsly tho i love it and want this so bad. I am still surprised it has not been put in. DE has not even replied back to this idea.

Anyway love it

I will help spread the love

#Frostneedslove

Tweet it!

#Frostneedslove

:P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...