The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Were You Like When You First Started Warframe?

9tailboy

Friends tell me to get Warframe. I download it. The starter characters show up, and I read that Loki is "desired by advanced players". OMG YES MUST HAVE. My friends survive while I die ALL THE TIME. I get good. Now I survive and my friends no longer play the game.

Was a total noob at the start. I was so hellbent on getting Oberon I spent most my days farming Eximi units to get his bp. And I spent 2 months getting him. The worst part is, I didn't care about the Loki I had. I was running it barebones without any mods because I didn't know how they worked back then. In the void. With a flimsy Grakata and dual ether swords. I was terrible for the most part because I kept grinding for mats and stuff.

But now, 10 MRs later, I put on my big boy pants and play with strategically planned loadouts.

How were you like when you first played warframe?

Stubbornly Solo.

I started on PS4 launch back when we had the old Star Chart and actually had to progress Node by Node.  For whatever reason I needed to hit Jupiter (neural sensors fml).

Anyway the last mission on Earth before Jupiter was a MD And back then they were utter rapefests because nobody PS4 had more than 2 mods to their name yet lmao.  Needless to say I died on the MD countless times before playing my first full team game and crushing it.

I sure learned a lesson about online games that day.  I spent 10 years of online gaming never talking to people always being a lone wolf, if people joined w.e but I never went out of my way to have a team.  Warframe taught me better and I've made tonnes of friend for it.  Tbh if I could go back and not play Warframe, save myself these 900 hours I've spent, I wouldn't even remotely consider it.  

This game is more than a game for me.  It's a meeting place for friends, inspiration for my own art and writing and a sometimes a great escape from the harsh world of reality.

Also a second quick funny story - we had no tutorials on PS4 at launch, the original tilest was the Snowy Corpus map and there was a small scetion of pipe you jump down on and the only single way out is to wall run... well PS4 players didn't know how to wall run so I left the mission atleast 6 times before a random PC guy joined me and was kind enough to teach us that wall running was even a thing lol.

Humble Roots eh?  Funny to think now I'm MR18 among the PS4 elite helping the noobs.

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

Me when I first started Warframe:

Dafuq is this shiz?

OMG I CAN F$%&%*$% PARKOUR THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVAR 9001/1337

After I got out of the Tutorial:

OMG I can customize Excalibur? *ten minutes of making him red and black, as are my favorite colors* MY GOD. THIS LOOKS AMAZING.

*proceeds to buy Immortal skin* YES!!!

*finds out about Excalibur Prime* OMG I MUST HAVE!

*finds out I can never have Excalibur Prime and that he'll never be available again*

cartoon-sad-face-149-350x340.jpg

Warframe is downloading...

*reads ( outdated ) new player guides*

Warframe is still downloading...

*watches tutorial videos*

Your internet connection is S#&$ and you should give up...

Warframe has finished downloading!

"Alright what was that again?"

I was pretty thrilled when I discovered that sprint > slide > jump makes running through the map a lot faster... Until I clipped off the map anyway. And then on the next mission I spawned on the skybox. I'm pretty sure that was my first ever thread on this forums.

I started pre-damage 2.0. I didn't understand modding and thought every other mission had a terrible damage ramp for enemies. I also had a hard time levelling up and never knew why back then. I was also a bit scared of online play. 

I had spent all 50 of my first hours playing Terminus over and over again.