Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"x" Key (Default) And Other Keys Are Bugged?

WaRDeMoN787

So, through some gameplay I’ve experienced some awkward game play that might not just affect me, but other players as well.

Using the recruiting channel I’ve met some players kind enough to share keys with myself and others, but in defense missions I noticed at times I’d get a laser to the back from the defensive structure around the objective we were defending. Asking if it was a troll room, they would say no….I didn’t believe it.

However, I’ve noticed playing the game my character uses his “x-key” ability without my permission. Some examples could be:

While playing capture and downing the objective I sometime start “transporting him”. (which gives the same animation as healing) which officially is considered as a capture, even though I never pushed X to capture the objective.

In excavation, sometimes I’ll pick up power for the excavation without pushing X.

While playing Defense I’ll be playing with nobody around the objective (allies) and the next thing I know the laser is going off and as I run forward to collect items it goes off, and I down myself.

Running to a fellow downed tenno, my natural response is to use an ability to support my character when it comes to picking up another charact. but... instead he automatically starts reviving the nearest tenno without me having to push a single button.

I have no idea what going on. A few problems I thought might have occurred:

Maybe I was pushing X to reload, however…I’ve confirmed to myself through trials…. that it wasn’t the problem (Speaking of the binding of the action button with the reload button).

What I did notice:

When I am playing neckros I’d run over to an ally and tried to use terrify to scare away the enemies I’d heal instead.

Running past power supply in excavation I’d attempt to use a power and sometimes I’d pick up a power unit instead of doing the power.

-Sometimes what I noticed happened, sometimes It didn’t-

*To be fair, I use a gamepad (xbox 360 controller) when playing PVE, so I don’t know if that might be the issues, but I’m curious as to why the action button seems to apply itself in the game.*

It’s come to the point where it’s truly effecting my game play and if I could do anything more to help figure out a fix for this glitch, I’ll be happy to help, I just don’t know what it could be through personal trial….nothing seems to match up. =/

I don’t want to give the impression that I’m a bad player, because I really try hard to be a supportive team mate.

Thank you for reading!

-WD

Edited by WaRDeMoN787

This actually happens to me a lot, and I just assumed it was my gamepad having a sticky X button, but if that were the case I'd be reloading frequently without touching the button. So it's not just me. This needs to be found out and fixed, because sometimes I do exactly what you mentioned at the start and laser my teammates unintentionally, or leave people behind in elevators. It's like the game has obtained sentience and that sentience is a jerk.

This actually happens to me a lot, and I just assumed it was my gamepad having a sticky X button, but if that were the case I'd be reloading frequently without touching the button. So it's not just me. This needs to be found out and fixed, because sometimes I do exactly what you mentioned at the start and laser my teammates unintentionally, or leave people behind in elevators. It's like the game has obtained sentience and that sentience is a jerk.

Thank you for replying, and im sorry you're dealing with this problem as well. 

I've always wanted to ask a fellow game pad user this for the longest....

Do you also find difficulty binding wall runs (running from one wall run to another) ? It's not all walls, but some specific ones.

Not really, I chose the option to not have to hold to wall run. That gives me time to angle myself while the game runs for me, if that makes sense. With a little practice it's not too difficult. My biggest hurdle with using a controller is trying to do that sliding vertical launch thing I see people do a lot to go straight up.

I grew up on console action games, so using a controller is way more natural to me than mouse and keyboard for pulling off the twitch movements Warframe demands. Especially since I didn't really get any PC games that were not strategy or RPGs until very recently, so my left fingers are very bad at moving.

Not really, I chose the option to not have to hold to wall run. That gives me time to angle myself while the game runs for me, if that makes sense. With a little practice it's not too difficult. My biggest hurdle with using a controller is trying to do that sliding vertical launch thing I see people do a lot to go straight up.

I grew up on console action games, so using a controller is way more natural to me than mouse and keyboard for pulling off the twitch movements Warframe demands. Especially since I didn't really get any PC games that were not strategy or RPGs until very recently, so my left fingers are very bad at moving.

Thanks! I might change my option from holding "A" to wall run to just tapping it. It's not all walls, but just a few I noticed. The sliding and jumping is no problem for me.

As for console compared to pc, I grew up on pc/ps2 Playing strategy games on pc like red alert 2 and shooters like halo but at the same time playing shooters such as socom, resident evil outbreak and star wars battle front  on ps2. so, I can be a bit diverse.

• 3 weeks later...

I use a 360 controller, and I noticed this some time ago, perhaps a month ago. I was doing Tower defense with a friend, and I kept activating lasers without hitting anything. I would leap back into the bubble after collecting, and bam, lasers go off while my friend is out collecting. It got worse in the last week or two, with my Tenno activating anything and everything in a near constant manner. Most annoying when trying to leave an excavation mission, and my character is stopping to pick up a powercell every few seconds after I drop the previous one. No idea what causes this.