Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which Gun Should I Buy? / Dual Skana Vs Cronus / Stealth Loadout

Spootz

Question

Hello,

i wanted to know which weapon I should buy after the MK1-Braton.

Another question would be if I should keep the Cronus or exchange it with Dual Skanas.

Another information that could help you helping me:

I would like to play stealthy as Ash/Loki as soon as I can get them. Because of this I want to craft Paris but I don´t know which weapon to take until I can craft Paris.

Which loadout (warframe mods, weapons+mods) would you recommend as stealthy Ash/Loki?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Spootz

4 answers to this question

If you're looking to main Paris, just buy a cheap primary right now for the mastery while you wait. As for melee, Dual Skana is better simply because it hits multiple targets. Good choice with the frames, Ash and Loki are both solid choices for stealth play. A Ghost sentinel makes stealth a lot easier as well so look into that. As for the loadout...

Ash - Max Smokescreen, Max Blade Storm, Teleport, Continuity, Streamline, Flow, Redirection and/or Vitality

Loki - Max Decoy, Max Invisibility, Switch Teleport, Continuity, Streamline, Flow, Redirection and/or Vitality

Note this is just my opinion, but as you can see I chose to emphasize energy efficiency on both frames since you'll be spamming their invisibility skills a lot. I assumed you're new to the game though, so you might have to farm a while before you get the energy mods since they're all rare. But hey, something to look forward to!

Would a Snipetron be a good starting weapon to get used to the Paris later?

If not is it better to wield a rifle or shotgun until I´m able to play stealthy?

Is there a stealth pistol yet?

Is it a good idea to take the Glaive as stealth meele weapon?

Which weapons would be best with the stealth loadouts?

I know I ask quite many questions but I like to plan my characters.

Dueler, you gave me some good pieces of advice. Thank you.

Paris is not recommended for beginners. Against an average skill level, it is usually not as effective as other types of weapons.

If you are beginner, I would recommend these which can be bought by credits or easily acquired

Primary:

Braton (not the MK1 version)

Strum (requires more skill to manage the small mag, short range and long reload)

At higher level, may want to get Bolter which has limited range but armor ignoring. Gorgon is also good for certain boss fights (but not as effective for mobs atm) And of course, the ultimate shotgun is Hek.

Sidearms:

Furis (because it can be bought and will probably be your first automatic sidearms, if you don't like the Lato)

At higher level, get Bolto->Akbolto.  Arguably one of the best sidearms, though it is not an automatic weapon. It's armor ignoring stands out as for pistols AP mods are more limited in power.

Melee:

Cronus (easy to get and craft in Mercury)

When higher level, try to get Dual Ether or one of the heavy weapons Gram/Scindo/Fragor

Note that the above choices are based loosely on ease of use, there ARE some harder to use weapons may be very effective in the player with the right skills and mods. E.g. burst weapons, Lex, Bronco, Viper