The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Assassins Should Not Be Allowed To Drop Nothing

(NSW)BlaineKodos

Stalker decided to jump me in the Void again today, as he often does when Baro nears his biweekly visit, and lo and behold he decided to only grant me a Molten Impact upon defeat. Again.

This is a problem that shouldn't be happening. Stalker has five things to drop that can't be obtained by any other non-platinum means, yet lately he seems content to drop Molten Impact as his only reward. Sometimes not even that, I've killed him before and he gave me absolutely nothing. Not even a resource, he just poofed and we had to go on as if he'd never even existed. If this is intended, it needs to be reevaluated.

I'm fine with some items being rare. I've killed each of the three primary assassins multiple times since sigils were added and have yet to see one, and while that's annoying it's a fact of the game. Random is random. But I should get something unique to the assassin if they show up and I take them down. If I end up with 70 Dreads, 20 Brakk Barrels and 15 Detron Recievers with no sigils, oh well at least I got something out of it. Somehow the best assassin drop table is Vor, who is nearly a guaranteed spawn if you wait long enough (I've never seen him in Sabotage, not sure if he can spawn there) and every time he dies you get something unique. It may not be what you need, but it's something unique to him. By comparison, an enemy you have no real means of forcing to spawn can peace out leaving just an uncommon mod that is obtainable elsewhere.

Stalker decided to jump me in the Void again today, as he often does when Baro nears his biweekly visit, and lo and behold he decided to only grant me a Molten Impact upon defeat. Again.

Is that not dropping something?

I mean, he is dropping a mod (even if it might be a crap one), meaning that he is dropping something, not dropping nothing. Just saying. 

Anyways, back on topic, he does drop one thing from his shown drop table relatively frequently, although there are the very rare times where he does not drop anything from his shown drop table. This round, you probably got a bit unlucky. 

So? The items need to be rare. They cost 800 plat for god`s sake.

Don`t you think that dropping something every time would devalue that? It will.

lol My brother gets jumped by the stalker almost every day he plays, and almost every time he drops a blind justice. Im so jealous of him XD oh and BTW the harvester is guaranteed to drop at least one Detron part.  

Oh yeah Vor drops those Toxic damage/Status mods right? thats something i keep saying since they introduced the new assassins but they also should comepletely revamp Stalker before doing anything cause that guy is broken in any way you put it. His battle is basically you one shot him or he one shots you, his droptables are a living representation of the troll face and his AI is incredibly stupid.

Well if the battle was actually dificult and fighting them was an actual challenge then most poeple would want to just buy it instead of fighting this menace. Instead the Stalker is a joke and the other two faction assassins range from actually good to pathetic easy mode so theres that.

People buy the pack because they can't get the object they want. Hate is, at least among people I've interacted with personally, the rarest weapon he drops. If he doesn't drop it for you, then you may get fed up and buy the pack to get it. Or you may decide to circumvent the uncertainty and buy the pack outright. I'm not saying the things he drops should be evenly seeded, I'm saying he should be required to drop at least Blind Justice upon defeat, rather than a mod you can get somewhere else.

It should take exactly as long to get the item of his you want after changing as it does now, the only thing I want changed is removing the times he drops an uncommon mod that is easily obtained from other places or literally nothing.

This is a frustrating part of the assassins (still waiting on my Brakk receiver!) that I think should be changed.  That being said I really don't see it happening with Stalker since his weapons are available for plat so I don't see DE making them easier to obtain.  So for now just hang in there.  You will get it eventually.

Ha. Yeah, say that to the 40+ dread BPs I have in my inventory.

It won't. Because even if something drops all the time, it still most likely won't be what you want. It's not like you can trade the damn BPs. Only thing you can trade is the mods, and right now there's no shortage of Blind Justice or molten whatever.

Yeah, I would definately prefer things unique to that assassin to drop as I can get a molten impact pretty easily anywhere else, and assassins dont show up every day anyways like a handful of times a week if you're luck. It dosen't have to be his weapons, It could be the sigil, or you could somehow make that cool smoke effect into an equippable cosmetic somehow.

I don't see how it devalues Stalker's other drops if they removed Molten Impact and Heavy Impact from him. In fact, those currently devalue him, because most of the time his drops make him just another Lancer - only more annoying. Maybe they could exchange Intensify with one of the scythe stances (and - a thought even more revolutionary - he could actually use that stance!), but that's just sweet dreams. Or he could get his own Nikana version (with a chance to drop the blueprint) to go with Blind Justice. I don't know, but something has to be done to make him more interesting again (and I'm not talking about giving him more cheapshot abilities than he already has).