Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is There Any Reason To Keep Starting Weapons Around?

Fredlicious

Question

I leveled all of my starting weapons to rank 30 for the mastery points, and I'm wondering if anyone has found any particular use for them besides selling. I know the Lato is used in the Bolto blueprint, so there's that, but does anyone actually use the plain 'ole Lato once they have access to other sidearms? Does anyone think the MK1-Braton is ever a better choice than the Braton, or the Skana than the Cronus?

9 answers to this question

Mk1-Braton is one of weakest weapons(if not the weakest). The Braton is definitely a better choice. Unless you are planning to craft the Bolto, you should sell the Lato, getting a new one is pretty easy (4k credits), so you shouldn't waste your slots with these kind of things. Skana? Buy the Dual Ether or something better, you have so many choices when it comes to melee.

Oh, and from what I can remember Cronus is better than Skana.

Edited by Kohira

I leveled all of my starting weapons to rank 30 for the mastery points, and I'm wondering if anyone has found any particular use for them besides selling. I know the Lato is used in the Bolto blueprint, so there's that, but does anyone actually use the plain 'ole Lato once they have access to other sidearms? Does anyone think the MK1-Braton is ever a better choice than the Braton, or the Skana than the Cronus?

I keep all my weapons because I'm a collector.  I purchased a founder's package, but don't use the platinum on anything but slots because the collecting is pretty much the only thing to do in the game.  Realistically, there is no reason to keep them as they are not the 'best' in any given situation.

What the other posters above me said. There are far better choices than the starting weapons - I cannot think of any particular situation where they would be superior to the other ones in the game once ranked up to the same level.

So if you can't affort the slot space, sell them. If you're a collector, can afford the slot space and like having everything, then keep them.

I should have given a bit more information in my original post: I am a bit of a collector, and I have been spending my Founder's platinum on slots so that I can keep around a bunch of weapons for alternative playstyles, but I don't want to bother having the starting weapons if they are universally worse than other weapons. I don't use the starter weapons anymore, so I guess what I am looking for is validation of my opinion that they are objectively worse in every way than at least one other weapon out there.

Thanks for the posts so far; I'm definitely feeling like getting rid of them is the way to go.

while its true there are better weapons for specific situations. the mrk1-braton and the lato are by no means weak.

they are excellent general purpose weapons. you can take a mrk1 into late game missions and do just fine. it has fantastic range and that clip is massive. you can pump rounds into groups. its major problem is that you need to potato it to really get that kind of effectiveness and i can understand people not wanting to.

same for that lato. the skana is the only wep of the three with a direct easy to get upgrade so it feels kinda meh.

i keep my mrk1 around when i just want to switch out elemental mods for missions and not worry about it. and im rocking the lato right now.

Edited by MetalGerbil