Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Potential For Abuse In Spy Missions

RDubayoo

I had an issue with a guy in a recent Spy Mission I did. Most of the team was ready to bug out as we had collected all the datamasses, but one guy happened to have a datamass on him and instead of go to extraction he decided to run around and loot everything that we missed. Waiting for that guy was kind of irritating, but I managed to corral him back to the extraction.

The problem, I think, is that unlike other missions where you can hang out at extraction and compel someone to also go there or be left behind, you can't do that with someone who's carrying a datamass. This creates the potential for trolling, and also an issue with players who suddenly go idle, maybe in a spot where enemies can't get to him. I really think the developers should address that issue with a change to the Spy mission. Maybe remove the requirement for all of the Datamasses being at extraction if 1) It's an online match; 2) At least one of the datamasses is at extraction.

But that doesn't address the issue of what would happen if the player who refused to return to extraction had ALL of the datamasses. Maybe set up a terminal at the extraction point that can be used to strip the datamasses from him under a certain time limit? That is, if the player fails to go to extraction within x seconds after this terminal is used, all the datamasses are plopped down at the extraction point.

Today luckily i was holding  2 datamassses when a excalibur decided run ahead of everybody leaving waves of enemies killing a partner, which me and a Frost went back to help while him just said stupid things and that we should go there already, that he had to go somewhere and whatever. 

During those missions i'm always getting at least one datamass exactly because of that kind of attitude.

At least one datamass at extraction? not even close to a good solution

Never saw a player that would deny going to extraction for a good reason or do something like that which you said, the terminal could be a good idea if there's 3 people at extraction and after 90 seconds it would unlock itself to activate the transfer. 

Edited by g43riel

i had an instance that one guy droped one datamass to the pit (you know when you fall it respawns you back up) and that datamass didnt spawned (fall infinitely) and we didnt finish (and then i abandon the game)

sorry for bad english

Edited by Bulgarian

snip 

I don't know if a single datamass in extraction and 1 person is the only requirement that was actually being suggested.

In the problem presented by the OP, everyone was in the extraction waiting on a single player.  This is quite different than the situation you described, of a single player being in the extraction zone with even all the datamass, I believe this still requires 2 players to be present and all 4 datamass before the countdown will begin.

The OP is suggesting, if all the terminals have been accessed, and all picked up at a given point, that bringing 1 or more AND having the other mission complete timer conditions met (2+ people) in the extraction area, that the timer should still kick in.

Basically this means, your situation either you having 1 or the player who ran ahead having all, nothing different would have happend, the minimum player requirement in the extraction area was not met, this change the OP has suggested would leave you unaffected.  If you are the last person, holding 1 unit, to prevent the timer while the other members are waiting, or were unable to keep up, the game would still begin the countdown for ending the game.

It could go to the extent of if half or more of the people ingame are in the extraction zone, with half or more of the datamass units, the countdown begins (if all terminals were accessed and the datamass picked up at some point).  Or if the majority of (3, 2, or 1 if you're in a 4, 3, or 2 player game) players and any amount of the datamass units are present in the extraction area, the timer begins.  (again all terminals were accessed and the datamass picked up at some point). 

This means a data mass must be carried in all situations, all terminals must be accessed, data mass units must have been picked up at least once, a data core must be in the extraction zone with the majority of players.  This changes nothing from how none datamass games countdown, but adds a countdown to component to datamass games that prevents the majority from being held up by slower players or accidental/purposeful datamass drops into unreachable areas (with the exception of the loss of all units, which is a seperate issue to address).

Edited by Enot83

I once dropped a datamass into a depression/hole and couldn't reach it afterwards. It was a solo, so it didn't hurt anybody else but there should be a way to enable an alternative way to end trolled or glitched datamass objectives.

When I play online, and we have rushers on our team, during a spy mission..

..I steal a datamass as a Rhino with Thrak helmet and walk. 

They are already at the extraction point, but cannot leave.

I will get there.. eventually.. heheh

When I play online, and we have rushers on our team, during a spy mission..

..I steal a datamass as a Rhino with Thrak helmet and walk. 

They are already at the extraction point, but cannot leave.

I will get there.. eventually.. heheh

And you are the kind of person in which I love Mag for. Just freaking pull you all the way to extraction. (my favorite thing to do with mag, pull people into extraction)

And you are the kind of person in which I love Mag for. Just freaking pull you all the way to extraction. (my favorite thing to do with mag, pull people into extraction)

There was a time a Mag pulled be repeatedly AWAY from the extraction point. After the second time, I left my machine for a cup of coffee. If they want to extract, they can just pull me there.

i had an instance that one guy droped one datamass to the pit (you know when you fall it respawns you back up) and that datamass didnt spawned (fall infinitely) and we didnt finish (and then i abandon the game)

sorry for bad english

(I hate when that happens to mods/resources! *BUG REPORT*)

I think the terminal at the extraction is a good solution (not the best, but I can't think of another right now >_>)