The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heard That Volt Prime Gonna Come?

tuba2000

Question

22 answers to this question

Volt REALLY needs a buff. I think he may be the worst warframe. He abilities just shock, never kills on high level missions. Only useful ability is the speed, but that's passive.

You are not serious, are you? He's awesome as he is now, Shock is great for CC, Speed is great for mobility and Electric Shield is great for defense and damage buff. I can't give my opinion on Overload since i don't usually use it.

You are not serious, are you? He's awesome as he is now, Shock is great for CC, Speed is great for mobility and Electric Shield is great for defense and damage buff. I can't give my opinion on Overload since i don't usually use it.

Can't you agree that if you had to choose a bad warframe he'd be the one? All of his abilities are outdone by so many other warframes. 

Can't you agree that if you had to choose a bad warframe he'd be the one? All of his abilities are outdone by so many other warframes. 

I can't agree with that because he is not between the worst warframes, not even close.

Can you explain to me how they are outdone?

Shock is very similar to other frames first ability, but unlike most of them, it has very good CC with the chain effect.

Speed, there's no other ability like it really, there are other mobility abilities on other frames but none like Volt's Speed. The closest you have i think is Zephyr's Turbulence with Jetstream, which is still not as fast as Volt's Speed.

Electric Shield is great for Defense, similar to Frost's Globe, but with it's advantages and disadvantages over each other. The damage buff the shields can provide is incredible, very close to Banshee's Sonar.

Edited by Nachino

Volt REALLY needs a buff. I think he may be the worst warframe. He abilities just shock, never kills on high level missions. Only useful ability is the speed, but that's passive.

Not every warframe should kill everyting in sight. Speed is great, not only makes you move faster but also attack faster with melee weapons. Shield gives you unlimited range on every beam type weapon. Shock is not meant to kill, shock is meant to well... shock enemies

He is best ballanced frame atm

I can't agree with that because he is not between the worst warframes, not even close.

Shock is very similar to other frames first ability, but unlike most of them, it has very good CC with the chain effect.

Speed, there's no other ability like it really, there are other mobility abilities on other frames but none like Volt's Speed. The closest you have i think is Zephyr's Turbulence with Jetstream, which is still not as fast as Volt's Speed.

Electric Shield is great for Defense, similar to Frost's Globe, but with it's advantages and disadvantages over each other. The damage buff the shields can provide is incredible, very close to Banshee's Sonar.

Not every warframe should kill everyting in sight. Speed is great, not only makes you move faster but also attack faster with melee weapons. Shield gives you unlimited range on every beam type weapon. Shock is not meant to kill, shock is meant to well... shock enemies

He is best ballanced frame atm

His shock is probably the best ability. You make Speed out to be a great ability, although it's convenient, it's not an ability that's great in every scenario. The shield covers only one side, very few situations where it would actually work.

Not trying to discredit you, just saying he needs a buff. Maybe his shield can become more of a bubble, perhaps cover three sides. His ultimate literally never kills anything in high level missions. They just become stunned. Maybe it could replace his shield and give him a lightning storm type of final ability.    

He dies WAY too quickly. If you're in a high tier mission, you're health is low, you're kind of screwed. Unless your enemies are coming from one side, his shield is practically useless. Spamming shock may save you, but you are so much better off getting another warframe in these kinds of scenarios. 

I've never seen someone throw on his/her Volt in a T4 Surv, Def, MB, etc. Maybe Cap but that's really limiting. 

His shock is probably the best ability. You make Speed out to be a great ability, although it's convenient, it's not an ability that's great in every scenario. The shield covers only one side, very few situations where it would actually work.

Not trying to discredit you, just saying he needs a buff. Maybe his shield can become more of a bubble, perhaps cover three sides. His ultimate literally never kills anything in high level missions. They just become stunned. Maybe it could replace his shield and give him a lightning storm type of final ability.    

He dies WAY too quickly. If you're in a high tier mission, you're health is low, you're kind of screwed. Unless your enemies are coming from one side, his shield is practically useless. Spamming shock may save you, but you are so much better off getting another warframe in these kinds of scenarios. 

I've never seen someone throw on his/her Volt in a T4 Surv, Def, MB, etc. Maybe Cap but that's really limiting. 

I don't think Speed is great in any way, but it's certainly not bad, it's fine as it is and between the best mobility abilities there are. I don't consider any mobility ability great anyways.

His Shield is perfect as it is, an you can very easily deploy more on other side if you need, they are very cheap too.

I don't see why he needs a buff, Overload might be the only thing that needs one but i don't use it so i don't really know.

Volt is pretty good as is right now.  His cc from shock is decent and the chain effect is nice.  Speed is good for escaping or for melee users nearby and I've heard the augment for it is semi decent.  The only thing I would change on Overload is allowing the lights/electronics in a room to be able to be reused for the damage boost after a certain amount of time.  

Last but not least Shield is one of the best defensive abilities in the game IMO.  I still remember when it was so small you had to pretty much crouch if you wanted to fit behind it, you and no one else, but now it's huge.  You can block off entire hallways or surround a defense pod with them fairly easily if you so desire.  Shield also gives pretty much all limited range weapons unlimited range (Amprex says hello).  Add to that decent duration and not a terrible cost and it's a really good ability.  Shield as a bubble I don't think would work because I can already see the threads comparing it to Snow Globe if that ever happened.