The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whats The Point Of Using A Bow?

mody_bird_21

killing enemies slowly and even missing some shots. when you see a group of 20 enemies what do you do? Why not equip a gun like boltor  prime and one shot everything?

I don't miss nearly as much as many people with guns miss.

When I see 20 guys I want to kill with my bow, I take two steps to the side and line up the shot that will kill at least 16 of them in one arrow.

That's why I use bows.

Automatic rifles win out over bows and sniper rifles in the void endless missions types, thanks to the nullifiers.  In the other mission types, a bow's high damage per shot isn't necessary, so the automatic rifles' high kill rates win again.

Nowadays I only use bows in spy missions, and in the rare circumstances where I need high front-loaded damage.

Edited by Fretless

SynoidGammacor.png

Yes it is a pretty good weapon.

Oh wait... why did I take bow in first place? To waste couple seconds every time a Nullifier shows up? Why don't I just use Synoid Grammacor and not even take primary?

Yes, but being that such a weapon is basically superior to almost every weapon including non-bows, that makes your point kind of null though. We're talking about Bows compared to other primaries. I do just fine with my max fire-rate Hikou Prime and Speed Holster in the Void against Nullifiers. That's kind of the point of secondaries. Having to switch to your secondary for a couple seconds every now and again isn't really a proper means of supporting the stance that Bows are obsolete merely because of a single enemy. SG is far from the only adequate response to Nullifiers.

I won't bother repeating what everyone else has already said. Suffice it to say that bows are awesome.

I once managed to get the most kills (at least 400 if I remember correctly) as Trinity using a bow (the implication being that Trin doesn't exactly excel at mass murder like offensive frames do).

killing enemies slowly and even missing some shots. when you see a group of 20 enemies what do you do? Why not equip a gun like boltor  prime and one shot everything?

Its player preference, bows are really powerfull and deal tons of damage, if charged can also hit enemies through small objects ( like pillars and such) able to hit multiple enemies in line, saves more ammo, and more viable ( in my opinion ) agianst the higher level enemies.

but bows are harder to use, require more skill, and have some travel time.

some players like bows, some dont.

this thread makes me sad as a veteran :( having to explain why a certain gun is better then the stipitor prime is just frustrating

I totally agree. I wish people would expense with the spread sheeting of the game and just enjoy the damn thing. I could care less how much less efficient I am at clearing a room than the dude next to me. I have a blast playing this game using all sorts of weapons. I personally love the bow to death and find everything else quite boring to use.

I like bows because they are gratifying. Any person can hold a trigger down and spray the room with bullets. Very few can be deadly with a bow. I think bows tend to discourage newer players because they take patience and timing to be effective, but with some practice they can be some of the most fun weapons to use in the game.

Also red critting for 30-40 THOUSAND damage is a nice thing to see every once and a while.

250px-CrpNullRanger.png250px-OrokinNullifySpaceman.png

Bows are not viable anymore

Haha you're funny

just switch to an auto fire secondary like vipers or Furis and bam

What on eartha re you talking about? Nullifier shields have HP. Bows deal colossal damage and down the shields in 1 or 2 arrows......

I totally agree. I wish people would expense with the spread sheeting of the game and just enjoy the damn thing. I could care less how much less efficient I am at clearing a room than the dude next to me. I have a blast playing this game using all sorts of weapons. I personally love the bow to death and find everything else quite boring to use.

I like bows because they are gratifying. Any person can hold a trigger down and spray the room with bullets. Very few can be deadly with a bow. I think bows tend to discourage newer players because they take patience and timing to be effective, but with some practice they can be some of the most fun weapons to use in the game.

Also red critting for 30-40 THOUSAND damage is a nice thing to see every once and a while.

Definitely. For me, getting kills with bows feels so much more satisfying than when I'm using rifle weapons. Especially when you get good enough to aim them while you're jumping/sliding/running etc. Bows are just more fun to use for me personally.

Haha you're funny

What on eartha re you talking about? Nullifier shields have HP. Bows deal colossal damage and down the shields in 1 or 2 arrows......

Null bubbles still take 4+ arrows to down completely.

I use my bow with nova. Antimatter drop converts my shots into large aoe explosions, so it doesn't matter if there are 20 or 200 enemies, I can one shot all of them at once.

Ability to instantly kill an infinite number of enemies > boltor prime.

Uhhh anti matter drop is an object therefore cannot receive crits to boost dmg

Haha you're funny

On the wiki it states that their shields, though have an HP, actually nerf high damage and buff low damage. The damage window for their shields is between 100-400hp. So, if you have a hard hitting weapon it will nerf the damage to 400, a weak weapon will get buffed to 100 per shot. 

That alone means having something that fires quickly will dispatch the shield quicker. Not to say you cant rid the nullifiers of the shield with a bow or anything, its easily doable, just saying that your hard hitting arrows arent exactly hitting as hard on the shields as they would on other enemies.

I'm a person who uses Nova Prime and the Paris Prime constantly as my main build and I kill most things before they can even reach me, after all arrows can go through multiple enemies without the need of puncture mods. Auto weapons sure....spray and pray if you want but accuracy go's too the bow users, I just find it must more skill involved even if the Bolter Prime is fun too use.

Either u haven't tried running a couple of hours long of T4 surv squad or you're trolling.

I can't be the only one who just slides/walks in that bubble and shove an arrow through its head, right?RIGHT!?!?

that doesn't always work that way. You just walking in will get you popped my a missile from bombard guys. Especially when they are in the bouble it's self. Don't get me wrong in use the opticor. Kind of the same play style. But bouble guys do cause a problem. Saying "just switch on over to Gama" or "just walk in" isn't a valid argument. IF it was that easy after 40 mins people wouldn't be complaining. Personally I like being the only one with a charging weapon. No need for more than one heavy hitter. Edited by (PS4)Mazda_07_