The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Collision System

mKta

Hello,

Just noticed, there is collision system for warframe with npc, for bullets/arrows with npc/warframe, but there is no collision system for warframe with other warframe. Basically you go through other warframes like a ghost. But this is not the case with npc.

It wold be nice to also add collision system for warframes with other warframes. More immersion and less annoying game physics/mechanics. Also more friendly with the eyes.

An ally going AFK in a doorway you need to get through would not be annoying?

The chances for this are small...really small...seriously now...plus 97% of the doors are big enough for 2 players to get through...damn this community is more scared about troll players and afk people that I have seen on any other gaming community. Seriously people, stop beeing so scared about everything.

Wat. Last time I play, there are collision between warframes, for both movements and projectiles. Has that been changed?

Well today I played almost all day. No collision between warframes movement.

Edited by mKta

As far as I know you can't shoot through your teammates but you can move through them. I don't think it would be a good idea to have farmes run into each other sadly as it would lead to some trolling maybe not with the doorways but someone would find a way. There isn't anything wrong with how it is now.

As far as I know you can't shoot through your teammates but you can move through them. I don't think it would be a good idea to have farmes run into each other sadly as it would lead to some trolling maybe not with the doorways but someone would find a way. There isn't anything wrong with how it is now.

It is. It is very wrong. Very eye hurting. And once again people are afraid of the trolls..what can they do to you now? Steal your sweetroll? .....

Edited by mKta

I would rather not see collisions, I love the freedom of movement in confined spaces that no allied collisions give. Plus people are always right up behind me all the time when I play with randoms so if I suddenly needed to get some space from an enemey and they were body blocking me I'd quickly get frustrated.

Add in collisions and count me out of public games. Way too much frustration.

Hello,

Just noticed, there is collision system for warframe with npc, for bullets/arrows with npc/warframe, but there is no collision system for warframe with other warframe. Basically you go through other warframes like a ghost. But this is not the case with npc.

It wold be nice to also add collision system for warframes with other warframes. More immersion and less annoying game physics/mechanics. Also more friendly with the eyes.

no we don't want your collision malware that pushes other warframes away lol. :b

Lol at dude who's out if they add warframe collision.  I've been wondering since day one why there wasn't warframe collision.  I like that added touch of realism.  Damn the consequences.

Just out of public games. Quote correctly please. :)

Single Player wouldn't be affected by  ally crowding and body blocking so I'd keep playing solo like I do most of the time anyway. Adding collisions to Multiplay would just make public games too frustrating for me to enjoy.

I feel that if realism adds unneeded frustration to the multiplayer environment, especially in a game that encourages multiplayer interaction, then the realism is itself unneeded.

So you are already playing solo mostly anyway...  this isn't going to affect you much.  Bottom line it looks cheap when another player stands in your character, thats my grip.  Its not classy, and this game is otherwise classy.  The levels are rarely restrictive enough to warrant any meaningful amount of frustration you would get from warframe collision detection, imo.  And they could allow a small push mechanic against other warframes while sprinting which would take care of intentional blocking, which I really doubt would present itself as a problem in the first place. 

Just out of public games. Quote correctly please. :)

Single Player wouldn't be affected by  ally crowding and body blocking so I'd keep playing solo like I do most of the time anyway. Adding collisions to Multiplay would just make public games too frustrating for me to enjoy.

I feel that if realism adds unneeded frustration to the multiplayer environment, especially in a game that encourages multiplayer interaction, then the realism is itself unneeded.

You're right alocrius, adding collisions won't affect me personally very much, I can always play single player. It will only really affect multiplay, which Warframe is more geared towards. The player non-collisions really bugs you aesthetically, I can respect that, but I still must disagree with adding player collisions. I just feel that it is an uneeded irritating addition to the game.

We seemed to have reached a impasse in our discussion, I've stated my points and so have you, neither of the two shall meet lol. I'm going to bow out now. Have a nice day :)