Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Changes To The Melee Units

AkerTheSpjot

Infested aside, I'm just going to talk about the Grineer melee unit (Butchers and Scorpion), Corprus Prodmen and Corrupted Butchers

The problem I find with them is that they're slow and they die a too easily. Besides the fact that they're pretty slow and hence you can out run and shoot them from afar with a few shots. To sum it up, some of them are too slow and not very tanky, not very ideal when you're going against the Tenno, masters of melee and parkour. With that, I propose a few changes :

- Butchers and Corrupted variants : They should be extra tanky, big, mean, more armor. Replace their cleavers with Jat Kittag, with heach swings they can knock you on your butt (I'm dead serious), and they should have some sort of a charge attack to close the distance, just for the intimidating effect

- Scorpions : since we already had ourselves the tanky brutes, I figured these one should be not-so-tanky but agile, fast and of course dangerous, meaning faster sprint speed, faster attacks and possibly bleed procs

- Prodmen : This one is a bit tricky, the Corprus men themselves just don't seem like expert melee combatants. Knowing them I would think that they would rely on their tech rather than raw strength, except you, John Prodman, except you. So anyway, Prodmen (just going wild here) could be replaced with robots, heavy ones that wield the Serro, or just Crewman with noticable cybernetic enhancements. An idea for another melee unit for Corprus are small Hyena model robots with vicious claws and quick on their feet, this type of enemy can only be encountered on high tier Corprus missions

Well that's it for me. What are your thoughts ?

I Don't Know about that since melee units in the game now do tons of damage in shot that ranged unit do in like two full clips.!

Infinite_TE

It's not just about the damage. enemies are supposed to hit you as hard as possible, just for the challenge. The only thing I'm not pleased is how some of them can rather be easy to kill, with a few shots from your gun/bow or a few hit from your melee, while they haven't even raised their blades