Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Weapon Statistics

J-Pax

How would you calculate damage done in 1 hour?

Count the damage?

I assume you mean how would I calculate it from that. I couldn't, I can't tell how I'm going to play next. I might miss every shot.

If I wanted to get an average value of damage done per hour and I had the patience to count every damage tick in that hour, then It'd just be the total damage done during that hour. But that has no point because the gameplay isn't constant, is staggered.

Or do you mean how would I calculate hourly damage from my formula? It'd probably be a value less than or just around 1/20th of the DPM Because most guns won't last sustained fire for more than 3 minutes, except maybe the Latron/Lex.

In the end I'm going to call it DPS. If your argument is that my DPS values do not include reload in their values then you are correct, that is because no one reloads once every second, it is statistically impossible. My DPM values do however contain reload in their calculations because no gun can fire for a minute straight without reloading.

Again the reasoning for my caculations:

DPS - This is to calculate your burst damage potential. This is basically the value you pay attention to when fighting trash mobs, as skilled players can often kill an entire group of enemies without needing to reload, and thus reloads on the interrim between groups.

DPM - This is to calculate your sustained damage potential. This is the value you pay attention to when you plan to fight a Boss, where killing them quickly is your goal.

And also I can't ever think of why anyone would choose to use DPS as damage on every integer second, and not the contents of that second. In every place I've seen it used amongst the gaming community it is taken to mean the total damage inflicted over a second that can be applied on a second to second basis. Regardless I have DPM on there anyway so I don't really understand why you have an issue.

Edited by J-Pax

To clarify; His DPS is by your definition DWS, but he chooses to identify it that way. No problem with that.

I'm, not at all familiar with DWS. I've only ever seen/used DPS (implying burst; without reloads, what you're calling DWS) and Sustained DPS (implying over time; thus with reloads, what hes calling DPM).

Both values are necessary to properly appreciate the usefullness of a weapon.

Edited by Darzk

Count the damage?

I assume you mean how would I calculate it from that. I couldn't, I can't tell how I'm going to play next. I might miss every shot.

If I wanted to get an average value of damage done per hour and I had the patience to count every damage tick in that hour, then It'd just be the total damage done during that hour. But that has no point because the gameplay isn't constant, is staggered.

Or do you mean how would I calculate hourly damage from my formula? It'd probably be a value less than or just around 1/20th of the DPM Because most guns won't last sustained fire for more than 3 minutes, except maybe the Latron/Lex.

In the end I'm going to call it DPS. If your argument is that my DPS values do not include reload in their values then you are correct, that is because no one reloads once every second, it is statistically impossible. My DPM values do however contain reload in their calculations because no gun can fire for a minute straight without reloading.

Again the reasoning for my caculations:

DPS - This is to calculate your burst damage potential. This is basically the value you pay attention to when fighting trash mobs, as skilled players can often kill an entire group of enemies without needing to reload, and thus reloads on the interrim between groups.

DPM - This is to calculate your sustained damage potential. This is the value you pay attention to when you plan to fight a Boss, where killing them quickly is your goal.

And also I can't ever think of why anyone would choose to use DPS as damage on every integer second, and not the contents of that second. In every place I've seen it used amongst the gaming community it is taken to mean the total damage inflicted over a second that can be applied on a second to second basis. Regardless I have DPM on there anyway so I don't really understand why you have an issue.

You can calculate the damage per minute but you can't calculate the damage per hour?  That doesn't inspire confidence in your calculations.

If you think that your way of calculating DPS is Burst Damage Potential, then call it that, because the 2 are absolutely not the same.  Damage PER Second is a rate just like Miles PER Hour, Gallons Per Minute, Feet PER Second, Meters PER year, .........   This is taught in grammar and high school math and physics.  We shouldn't be having pages of discussion over this nor should such things be stickied.

I don't mean to sound harsh but I hate disinformation.

Crit mods are on their own yes, HOWEVER if you calculate DPS improvement per mod power when both are put in together....well...the results are surprising.

On the mod power thing, I'll take a look...which ones did you spot? It's easy with the sheets to change it down so it's not a massive problem. I blame it on lack of sleep. Majorly. This thing eats time like a hyperactive ritalin kid with ready brek.

=\ i was doing bad math on my sheet, i will conseed that crit mods are not awful

it seems definition of  words such as "DPS", "DPM", "Fire Rate", "Reloads PM", "Charge Speed",... is essential in main post.

for example...

Charge of Dual Zoren

around 0.5 s of charge time without charge time reduction

around 0.3 s of swing time without swing time reduction

around 0.8 s of continuous interval charging...

your word "Charge Speed", it must be interval time of continuous charging

with charge time reduction without swing time reduction

is it right?

without definition, we can't validate and apply to us with your datas 

(as situation of player and enemy changes, these results vary)  

After checking your True weapon DPS and that Snipetron is on first place in DPS i have my doubts. So i make own spreadsheet to test your numbers and they all are off from what i get.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjOuPzsftA9kdHZMRkExdFVkMzgybFNDdUY3WTMxbWc&usp=sharing

Here is table that everyone can save on they own and try to play with numbers. I was have time only for Rifle mods but if someone want can edit Mods data in Data Base sheet and this will work for pistols also. If i will find more time will try to add more to this table.

Simple just edit yellow fields with weapon data. Ad ranks to mods that you want use and left empty unused and write 1 in polaryzation slots that you want to be active. In portion of dmg just write what part of time you damage what part of what enemy and its ready.

You can calculate the damage per minute but you can't calculate the damage per hour?  That doesn't inspire confidence in your calculations.

If you think that your way of calculating DPS is Burst Damage Potential, then call it that, because the 2 are absolutely not the same.  Damage PER Second is a rate just like Miles PER Hour, Gallons Per Minute, Feet PER Second, Meters PER year, .........   This is taught in grammar and high school math and physics.  We shouldn't be having pages of discussion over this nor should such things be stickied.

What you must understand is that J-Pax is using this for actual in-game results.  No gun can sustain continuous fire for an hour.  So there's no need for that information.  Try and look at it this way.  If you have a room with a certain number of mobs with a certain number of max health, all you NEED to know is how quickly can you dish out that much damage.  And if you can kill everything in that room without reloading, then you can calculate your DPS by saying you dealt 8,028 damage in 6 seconds.  Which turn out to be 1338 damage.  That is how DPS relates to a game.  You wouldn't add reload time because you didn't reload.  Simple as that.

After checking your True weapon DPS and that Snipetron is on first place in DPS i have my doubts. So i make own spreadsheet to test your numbers and they all are off from what i get.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjOuPzsftA9kdHZMRkExdFVkMzgybFNDdUY3WTMxbWc&usp=sharing

Here is table that everyone can save on they own and try to play with numbers. I was have time only for Rifle mods but if someone want can edit Mods data in Data Base sheet and this will work for pistols also. If i will find more time will try to add more to this table.

Simple just edit yellow fields with weapon data. Ad ranks to mods that you want use and left empty unused and write 1 in polaryzation slots that you want to be active. In portion of dmg just write what part of time you damage what part of what enemy and its ready.

Believe it or not it really is the 1st place for DPS, but it's actually lower because my stats can't accomodate for game play until I can harvest enemy health figures per level.

Basically: It has the highest DPS, but does almost all of it spread out over 4 shots, meaning massive overkill. In terms of gameplay this means it sucks in terms of flexibility. If I get attacked by an Ancient it will kill it faster than anything else in the rifles category. If I get attacked by 10 chargers, it will probably have amongst the lowest DPS in the game - and will need an almost 100% different load out for mods.

Edited by J-Pax

It's not for lack of confidence in my spreadsheet. If you want me to calculate damage per hour on my spread sheet, then I would simply multiply the DPM value by 60. I would not multiply my DPS by 3600. Happy?

If I wanted to calculate actual damage per hour in-game, I can not because gameplay is erratic and there isn't a gun besides the Lex and Latron that actually has a fire rate and ammo pool that can fire for that long. My DPM makes the assumption that the player has, basically, infinite ammunition. If you're now going to say that it should, then you should probably make your own spreadsheet, as you are clearly a god of patience, purely because you have calculated the RNG percentage of pertinent ammo drops.

FYI: DPS is in the same category as miles per hour, etc, that you quoted, simply because in real life those measurements have flaws too. You can't drive infinitely on a tank of gas at the same speed. You can't fly a plane for an indefinite amount of time on a singular tank of fuel. You can't universally consume the same amount of fuel in gallons per minute because fuel is consumed at a varying rate related to the workload of the engine.

If you don't want to apply your same argument to those values then please do not apply it to my spreadsheet - it's hypocritical - and please don't insult its mathematical integrity because you don't like my wording. That is petty. 

Otherwise, I thank you for your input. Stuff like that helps me get things right where I may have overlooked a piece of data, or maybe written a formula in wrongly.

Edit: Also I've added an "Average DPS with Reload" field for you, purely because you're arguing about it. It doesn't have a point though because anything with a high enough hit pool to survive the time spent firing a full clip would probably be better off taking into account the DPM, as it is likely a boss.

Edited by J-Pax

Skimmed through the weapons and noticed Lato Prime is listed as 25 damage, it should be 27 damage.

So it is! It was nerfed to 25 in the weapon balance patch notes, they must have buffed it again without saying.

it seems definition of  words such as "DPS", "DPM", "Fire Rate", "Reloads PM", "Charge Speed",... is essential in main post.

for example...

Charge of Dual Zoren

around 0.5 s of charge time without charge time reduction

around 0.3 s of swing time without swing time reduction

around 0.8 s of continuous interval charging...

your word "Charge Speed", it must be interval time of continuous charging

with charge time reduction without swing time reduction

is it right?

without definition, we can't validate and apply to us with your datas 

(as situation of player and enemy changes, these results vary)  

You are very correct on this, I haven't gotten around to recording swing times and assumed the actual swing was affected by charge speed mods as well, and not the regular swing speed mod, although I was made aware of it earlier in the thread. I'm currently waiting on a reply from a dev about this and whether there's any plan to bring it in-line with the mod - but rest assured if it isn't, I will begin recording new data for it. It's going to take a lot of time and effort though so it's only really going to happen this Sunday, at the earliest if I haven't got anything happening in RL.

How is the breakdown by each faction coming?  That'd be something I'd REALLY like to see.  Good work though.  This is something I've been wanting for a long time.

Edited by K1LLZ0NE

Believe it or not it really is the 1st place for DPS, but it's actually lower because my stats can't accomodate for game play until I can harvest enemy health figures per level.

Basically: It has the highest DPS, but does almost all of it spread out over 4 shots, meaning massive overkill. In terms of gameplay this means it sucks in terms of flexibility. If I get attacked by an Ancient it will kill it faster than anything else in the rifles category. If I get attacked by 10 chargers, it will probably have amongst the lowest DPS in the game - and will need an almost 100% different load out for mods.

Snipertron can be number 1 dps only if fighting vs single enemy that snipertron can kill in 1 shot. If it need more than 1 shot then every other weapon will have highest dps than snip. Your calculations are against lvl 1 mob if we will get into calculations lvl 50 mobs 1 shot kills are less likely (like lvl 1 ancient will get 75% of normal damage into head lvl 50 ancient will get only 20% normal damage so its huge leap in resistances). If we add in that higher lvls have more mobs you must add in reload calculations for most guns.

And also my calculations with your mods are showing 5251.5 no reload dps i don't know how you can have 9415.85 with your snipertron.

Edit: I forgot that snipetron have innate AP damage but can't find how much. But im sure it will not increase dps by 4000. Because of this innate we also should not count snipetron dps on med grineer because of this target high AP amplification.

Edited by KangHur

It's not for lack of confidence in my spreadsheet. If you want me to calculate damage per hour on my spread sheet, then I would simply multiply the DPM value by 60. I would not multiply my DPS by 3600. Happy?

If I wanted to calculate actual damage per hour in-game, I can not because gameplay is erratic and there isn't a gun besides the Lex and Latron that actually has a fire rate and ammo pool that can fire for that long. My DPM makes the assumption that the player has, basically, infinite ammunition. If you're now going to say that it should, then you should probably make your own spreadsheet, as you are clearly a god of patience, purely because you have calculated the RNG percentage of pertinent ammo drops.

FYI: DPS is in the same category as miles per hour, etc, that you quoted, simply because in real life those measurements have flaws too. You can't drive infinitely on a tank of gas at the same speed. You can't fly a plane for an indefinite amount of time on a singular tank of fuel. You can't universally consume the same amount of fuel in gallons per minute because fuel is consumed at a varying rate related to the workload of the engine.

If you don't want to apply your same argument to those values then please do not apply it to my spreadsheet - it's hypocritical - and please don't insult its mathematical integrity because you don't like my wording. That is petty. 

Otherwise, I thank you for your input. Stuff like that helps me get things right where I may have overlooked a piece of data, or maybe written a formula in wrongly.

Edit: Also I've added an "Average DPS with Reload" field for you, purely because you're arguing about it. It doesn't have a point though because anything with a high enough hit pool to survive the time spent firing a full clip would probably be better off taking into account the DPM, as it is likely a boss.

You acknowledge the relationship between hours and minutes so you would calculate DPH from DPM, even though it takes less than an hour to empty all your ammunition.  It takes less than an hour to finish a match.  But, you do not acknowledge the relationship between hours and seconds so you would not calculate DPH from DPS.  That is not consistent thinking.

MPG is miles per Gallon.  So, you would not factor in time.  If you were calculating flush per any amount of time for a toilet then you would factor in the amount of time it takes for the tank to fill with water in between each flush.

You acknowledge the relationship between hours and minutes so you would calculate DPH from DPM, even though it takes less than an hour to empty all your ammunition. It takes less than an hour to finish a match. But, you do not acknowledge the relationship between hours and seconds so you would not calculate DPH from DPS. That is not consistent thinking.

MPG is miles per Gallon. So, you would not factor in time. If you were calculating flush per any amount of time for a toilet then you would factor in the amount of time it takes for the tank to fill with water in between each flush.

I despise repeating myself:

DPS is for the situations where an entire clip is all that is needed, if your qualm is that I haven't got the title "DPS where only 1 clip is needed" then tough, basically.

DPM is for the longer fights and is relevant to continuous waves or a high health point enemy. In these situations damage per minute is most likely to be more relevant to the fight than DPS.

DPS with reload factored in, which was added yesterday, is there just because you keep going on about it. Please stop filling up this topic arguing semantics that don't apply when I've already explained my reasoning. Given what I've said none of the data titles pertain to disinformation. They are all useful statistics for the most part and as accurate as is feasible aside from melee. DE_Steve is getting back to me on those for anyone else reading.

It's great that you can work out the amount of times a toilet can flush a minute but the reality is it may only be flushed a small fraction of that value due to use. Likewise my DPS figure is TO BE USED FOR SITUATIONS WHERE ONE CLIP WILL SUFFICE. Which is very, very common to gameplay. In essence I feel my spreadsheet is more balanced for the information it is giving the community.

Edited by J-Pax

How is the breakdown by each faction coming?  That'd be something I'd REALLY like to see.  Good work though.  This is something I've been wanting for a long time.

It's coming along slowly purely because it's just me working on it, I've got the basic layout of formulae put in though so the next round of enemies will go a lot (Thank you Hyperbole and a Half!) faster.

That and I'm fitting this project in between eating, working, real life and sleeping there isn't a great deal of time going around for it, but it will be done *resolute face*!

Snipertron can be number 1 dps only if fighting vs single enemy that snipertron can kill in 1 shot. If it need more than 1 shot then every other weapon will have highest dps than snip. Your calculations are against lvl 1 mob if we will get into calculations lvl 50 mobs 1 shot kills are less likely (like lvl 1 ancient will get 75% of normal damage into head lvl 50 ancient will get only 20% normal damage so its huge leap in resistances). If we add in that higher lvls have more mobs you must add in reload calculations for most guns.

And also my calculations with your mods are showing 5251.5 no reload dps i don't know how you can have 9415.85 with your snipertron.

Edit: I forgot that snipetron have innate AP damage but can't find how much. But im sure it will not increase dps by 4000. Because of this innate we also should not count snipetron dps on med grineer because of this target high AP amplification.

The statistics relevant there aren't for fighting an enemy that it can kill in one hit, it's actually relevant to an enemy with a high hitpool/bulletsponge.

Rightfully so the Snipetron is the best at consistent damage but likely the worst at sporadic damage unless you're always fighting 4 enemies at a time with a reload speed interval in between each group. In which case it would still be the top contender.

It's coming along slowly purely because it's just me working on it, I've got the basic layout of formulae put in though so the next round of enemies will go a lot (Thank you Hyperbole and a Half!) faster.

That and I'm fitting this project in between eating, working, real life and sleeping there isn't a great deal of time going around for it, but it will be done *resolute face*!

Awesome!  Thanks a lot for doing this.  Suuuper useful.  

It's a welcome distraction and filler until the optional reset comes in, so it's my pleasure!

I'm actually using this to plan my build for me to use when the reset comes.  That way I can be very efficient with my plat.

I despise repeating myself:

DPS is for the situations where an entire clip is all that is needed, if your qualm is that I haven't got the title "DPS where only 1 clip is needed" then tough, basically.

DPM is for the longer fights and is relevant to continuous waves or a high health point enemy. In these situations damage per minute is most likely to be more relevant to the fight than DPS.

DPS with reload factored in, which was added yesterday, is there just because you keep going on about it. Please stop filling up this topic arguing semantics that don't apply when I've already explained my reasoning. Given what I've said none of the data titles pertain to disinformation. They are all useful statistics for the most part and as accurate as is feasible aside from melee. DE_Steve is getting back to me on those for anyone else reading.

It's great that you can work out the amount of times a toilet can flush a minute but the reality is it may only be flushed a small fraction of that value due to use. Likewise my DPS figure is TO BE USED FOR SITUATIONS WHERE ONE CLIP WILL SUFFICE. Which is very, very common to gameplay. In essence I feel my spreadsheet is more balanced for the information it is giving the community.

"It's just semantics" is the phrase used by people who do not understand, or want to admit, that words have meaning, that words are not just labels you do whatever you want with and expect to make sense.  I'm sure you'd reject the "it's just semantics" argument if I used it to excuse derogatory terms directed at you.

Your use of terminology here makes no mathematical sense.  What's more, there are clearer, non-ambigous, precise terms for what you are describing.  Yet, you refuse clarity for no reason at all.

But, it's just a gaming forum.  You can expect mud to stick to the top of the thread pile.

Edited by ThePresident777

"It's just semantics" is the phrase used by people who do not understand, or want to admit, that words have meaning, that words are not just labels you do whatever you want with and expect to make sense.  I'm sure you'd reject the "it's just semantics" argument if I used it to excuse derogatory terms directed at you.

Your use of terminology here makes no mathematical sense.  What's more, there are clearer, non-ambigous, precise terms for what you are describing.  Yet, you refuse clarity for no reason at all.

But, it's just a gaming forum.  You can expect mud to stick to the top of the thread pile.

He has clarified PLENTY.  I honestly can't believe you're still going on about it.  He even added DPS w/reload.  From now on, you're just trolling.

well in all honesty you'd have to get everything anyway just to rank up your mastery, which is presumably going to be much more important.

True, but I plan on just building whatever weapons I need for mastery.