The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synoid Gammacor Does Not Need Changes, It Is Already Balanced

HibikiGanaha

The number of large tilesets are incredibly limited right now. The amount of large tilesets at high-level content, even less so. It really doesn't end up being a weakness at all.

Your statement is entirely false.  The void tile set has plenty of large tiles that are not used for two reasons.

1) You can't loki disarm on large tiles.

2) You can't hit enemies with "op weapons" like the brakk and gammacor on large tiles.

The large tiles are there, they just aren't used due to cheese tactics not working on them.  Players playing around the disadvantage of a gun doesn't mean the disadvantage doesn't exist.

If it was balanced you wouldn't feel the need to make a thread about it. Just saying.

Had to make the thread to raise awareness for the corner campers that think it's op.

Maybe you should before starting a discussion about high-end weapons and their pros and cons?  If you have very little experience you cant know. 

T4S is not the only endgame content, sorry to burst your bubble.

I've done plenty of 20+ round T4I, 2400+ cryotic Triton excavations, and a 2900+ cryotic Cambria excavation with three players.  I just beat the escalation TA without melee mods while browsing reddit, I'm going to say I know a thing or two about endgame.

Your statement is entirely false.  The void tile set has plenty of large tiles that are not used for two reasons.

1) You can't loki disarm on large tiles.

2) You can't hit enemies with "op weapons" like the brakk and gammacor on large tiles.

The large tiles are there, they just aren't used due to cheese tactics not working on them.  Players playing around the disadvantage of a gun doesn't mean the disadvantage doesn't exist.

Yeah. Okay. Sure.

I've done plenty of 20+ round T4I, 2400+ cryotic Triton excavations, and a 2900+ cryotic Cambria excavation with three players.  I just beat the escalation TA without melee mods while browsing reddit, I'm going to say I know a thing or two about endgame.

You beat the escalation TA without melee mods while browsing reddit. So basically you got carried? Because that's what it sounds like.

Had to make the thread to raise awareness for the corner campers that think it's op.

Congratulations, you are good at the arbitrary combination of random challenges that is warframe, you want a freaking medal?

Those are missions where DPS and weapon attributes are not as relevent, especially the tactical alert where you aren't even allowed to bring a gun.  No offence, you seem like a reasonable person,  just out of academic interest you should play gamemodes that most people consider endgame and judge the weapon power by.

Yeah. Okay. Sure.

You beat the escalation TA without melee mods while browsing reddit. So basically you got carried? Because that's what it sounds like.

So nothing to say about the argument and just lowering yourself to insults now?

I tabbed back in to press 4 every 45 seconds or so as nova.  I use ground slam attacks and finishers to kill enemies at the end of waves.  Any other baseless insults?

Congratulations, you are good at the arbitrary combination of random challenges that is warframe, you want a freaking medal?

No, please don't be disrespectful.  I was listing the endgame scenarios that I've been in since my experience with endgame was called into question.

Those are missions where DPS and weapon attributes are not as relevent, especially the tactical alert where you aren't even allowed to bring a gun.  No offence, you seem like a reasonable person,  just out of academic interest you should play gamemodes that most people consider endgame and judge the weapon power by.

I agree that DPS and weapon attributes are not as relevant on interception.  I disagree about DPS and weapon attributes not being as relevant on excavation.  You need to be able to clear hallways with high DPS weapons to get to the larger tiles where excavators spawn.  The Kohm is the best weapon for this, hands down.  The gammacor is good here too.  Once you get to the big tiles, you need to defend them from enemies coming from all directions.  A long range gun is ideal.  This is where the gammacor falls short.

Experience with two out of four endless modes (one with a major handicap) at high level is enough to weigh in on a matter, in my opinion.  I've read about the team that made it to wave 100 defense where they stopped doing damage with guns and relied on frames to do damage.  I understand that you need to keep your kills/minute up in survival to get life support drops, but there are weapons that out-damage the gammacor when using vauban/loki strategies.

I won't lie to you, I probably won't ever play a long survival now that cores got nerfed there.  If you could post something about how the high DPS on the gammacor ruins survival or makes it too easy, I would be interested in reading that.

So nothing to say about the argument and just lowering yourself to insults now?

I've already said everything I need to say. Your only argument has ever been "it's balanced because it has a range of 25m and some rooms are too big for that".

That's it. That's all you've got, which myself and others have been over numerous times. Few people have agreed with you.

Wow, you would think that people would *@##$ less in a PvE game.

Most people here have no idea about balance and only talk just because they feel its Op. Seriously, all other syndicate weapons should be buffed to s,gammacor levels to deal with enemies that are 80+. Even then, this weapon becones clumsy at dealing with such threats.

The majority of the whiners here probably have never gone beyond 40+.

Edited by HandsomeSorcerer

Wow, you would think that people would $#*(@ less in a PvE game.

Most people here have no idea about balance and only talk just because they feel its Op. Seriously, all other syndicate weapons should be buffed to s,gammacor levels to deal with enemies that are 80+. Even then, this weapon becones clumsy at dealing with such threats.

The majority of the whiners here probably have never gone beyond 40+.

Or maybe the people complaining about it are doing so because they do have an idea about balance. The only ones I've seen that seem to have no concept of it are those arguing in defense of it.

Like you.

Or maybe the people complaining about it are doing so because they do have an idea about balance. The only ones I've seen that seem to have no concept of it are those arguing in defense of it.

Like you.

Oh rly?

I thought for amoment that people like you were serious about balance.

I mean really, there are so many other issues that affect balance,this clearly isn't about balance, this is about ruining a weapon.

Anyway, I don't care. My preferred secondary weapons are the secura cestras and the castanas. At least there is a good automatic secondary weapon.

Oh rly?

I thought for amoment that people like you were serious about balance.

I mean really, there are so many other issues that affect balance,this clearly isn't about balance, this is about ruining a weapon.

Anyway, I don't care. My preferred secondary weapons are the secura cestras and the castanas. At least there is a good automatic secondary weapon.

I love how this always comes up to try and demonize players who want balance. We're always trying to ruin something, eh?

I love how this always comes up to try and demonize players who want balance. We're always trying to ruin something, eh?

Technically yes seeing as the devs tend to do so when players hollah and overdo it crippling the weapon.

Be careful what you wish for...then again, do the ones that want a nerf truly care for the weapon other than it's overpowered ness.

Do they use it?

Would they still use it after drastic over nerf which tends to happen?

Would they cry buff should the nerf be too much?

There are moments when the devs don't seem to know that middle ground despite explaining it to them.

Just pointing out.... Sancti Castanas have less range, less DPS, self-kill, and less ammo.

Someone was drunk :)

Technically yes seeing as the devs tend to do so when players hollah and overdo it crippling the weapon.

Be careful what you wish for...then again, do the ones that want a nerf truly care for the weapon other than it's overpowered ness.

Do they use it?

Would they still use it after drastic over nerf which tends to happen?

Would they cry buff should the nerf be too much?

There are moments when the devs don't seem to know that middle ground despite explaining it to them.

So out of fear of drastic changes we would rather have none??

Also i dont agree that any of nerfs were too much.

10% dmg reduction simply wont cut it when weapon does 2 or 3 times as much dmg as comparable ones.

So out of fear of drastic changes we would rather have none??

Also i dont agree that any of nerfs were too much.

10% dmg reduction simply wont cut it when weapon does 2 or 3 times as much dmg as comparable ones.

According to these folks, yes and yes they were.

You forget that its a continuous weapon. It even outdoes the already buffed rakta ballistica by alot. Sure, it does 50 less dmg than rakta. But synoid is a continuous weapon and rakta is a charge weapon. Rakta ballistica seems to be the only balanced weapon among the syndicate weapons imo.

Loki Disarm is only 47m at max range.  The enemies come from much further away than that on big tiles.

Also loki is a broken frame imo, so using a gun with a broken frame means we should nerf the gun??  I can't say I'm following your logic here how using it on one frame means the gun is op.

No way, none of the Loki's abilities can deal damage, and you say it's broken? You know nothing about balance, mate.

Since Loki is a Tactical Frame, he have to be good at something to compensate the lack of damage.

Edited by DarkLordX2

No way, none of the Loki's abilities can deal damage, and you say it's broken? You know nothing about balance, mate.

Since Loki is a Tactical Frame, he have to be good at something to compensate the lack of damage.

So you believe that the concept of balance for a Warframe is exclusive to damage output?

So you believe that the concept of balance for a Warframe is exclusive to damage output?

No, it's part of it.

Anyway, the concept of balance for a Warframe is surrounded by factors like: CC capability, damage output, power escaling, and many others.

The damage output is just one of them.

Edited by DarkLordX2

You forget that its a continuous weapon. It even outdoes the already buffed rakta ballistica by alot. Sure, it does 50 less dmg than rakta. But synoid is a continuous weapon and rakta is a charge weapon. Rakta ballistica seems to be the only balanced weapon among the syndicate weapons imo.

This guy has a point.

This guy has a point.

The Telos AkBolto seem fairly balanced in comparison to some other secondaries -- it's an improvement over it's non-syndicate version, but it's still fairly competitive with several other secondaries. Same goes for the Secura Dual Cestras, though those could maybe use a bit of a buff to bring them up to par. Vaykor Marelok is pretty strong (then again, the Marelok was already a strong pistol), Synoid Gammacor is incredibly strong, and the Sancti Castanas could definitely use a buff.