Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Building Warframe: Pvp 2.0 Level Design

DE_Adam

Excited for the upcoming PvP changes?  Then you're in luck.  This edition of Building Warframe focuses on our upcoming Capture the Cephalon game mode -- more specifically the level design!  

Enjoy this sneak peek at Capture the Cephalon's Corpus-themed level, and keep an eye out for future editions of Building Warframe as we continue to look at Warframe's PvP overhaul.

-DE_Adam

Maps look great but to be honest the 1st thing that needs to be fixed it the dark sector battle pay system. clans baiting players into playing for them only to have pay run out 2mins later. battle pay should be divided on the number of runs left. clans should not be allowed to put 1 million battle pay when theres only 10mil in the vault.  it should be the 10mil divided by the number of runs left

I may actually have to start PvPing again, this looks fun - though, hopefully the issue of laggy hosts wont be too much to bear.... oh, who am I kidding? That'll be the deathbed of it forever...

We can duel using Dragon Nikanas with the Blind Justice stance. Only Guiding Light is allowed. 

can't wait to try it. i've dabbled in the current pvp for achievements and kicks but that's it. this new pvp looks fun to play on a more regular circumstance.

also hoping future maps will include environmental hazards or traps players can set off.

Edited by angrykenji

I like the map changes a lot.

Will we get dedicated servers for this mode? The main issue I have is that not every host is reliable, and sometimes the host (and even subsequent hosts) will leave and cause a reconnect to occur. If everything was moved server-side, people could connect and disconnect at any time without affecting the flow of the game.

If servers are implemented for PvP, will there be various map sizes and player counts? I'm interested, but 4v4 is a little sparse for myself.

I really like that pvp is getting rethinked and all.

However I expected something more of an interesting environment to be a battlefield, potentially a new tileset and such, something striking, unique.

Getting a realigned corpus building-thing is not particularly interesting of a place to kill eachother in. (Some new assets or not)

It feels generic. Boring. (I can see it being more reliable to traverse on in terms of geometry though.)

My 2 cents.

Edited by Cynaris

One key thing I'm not sure if they've considered how winning on the map impacts the Solar Rail lorewise.

Two Solutions

1: Each Map has a unique surface to orbit weapon that damages the rail. You could even have an cinematic in your inbox of Dark Sectors you've won firing the weapon, lost on the rail being hit, and on the final rail match before it blows you get a message and see the destruction and if you hold them at bay a cinematic of the enemy retreating (Spectors exploding/dematieralizing as orbiting Lisets controlling them fly away).

2: Staying true to the old method victory on the map opens the portal to the rail's core room kinding of taking it to a more void/derelict sabotage approach do A & B to open the portal and you "Win" at C by wrecking the Core. Benefit being is that it offers a final chance to beat back your opponent which could be good or bad depending on player preference.

Just my thoughts.