Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Building Warframe: Pvp 2.0 Level Design

DE_Adam

One key thing I'm not sure if they've considered how winning on the map impacts the Solar Rail lorewise.

Two Solutions

1: Each Map has a unique surface to orbit weapon that damages the rail. You could even have an cinematic in your inbox of Dark Sectors you've won firing the weapon, lost on the rail being hit, and on the final rail match before it blows you get a message and see the destruction and if you hold them at bay a cinematic of the enemy retreating (Spectors exploding/dematieralizing as orbiting Lisets controlling them fly away).

2: Staying true to the old method victory on the map opens the portal to the rail's core room kinding of taking it to a more void/derelict sabotage approach do A & B to open the portal and you "Win" at C by wrecking the Core. Benefit being is that it offers a final chance to beat back your opponent which could be good or bad depending on player preference.

Just my thoughts.

It has nothing to do with solar rails. This is pure pvp only not convoluted Dark Sector conflict stuff. That has yet to be included in the PVP rework.

As for OP I am excited to actually get my hands on some balanced pvp. No more of this one shotting each other constantly. +1 DE

I really don't think a direct PVP needed in Warframe. I have DOTA, L4D2, CSGO, Archeage, GW2 and other games for PVP. I play Warframe for PVE.

Anyway CTF mode looks good. But I would rather prefer an indirect PVP mode for Warframe. For example: teams are separated by a glass wall so they can see each other. They send waves of monster at each other and team which will survive will win. Waves can be made customized by teams or completely random. If customizable, there are certain amounts of points to buy units which will attack opposing team. Units and points amount are limited by wave number. For example you have 1000 points, nullifier costs 200, but you can buy only 1 nullfier per wave. Maybe more as waves progress.

I think this would be really fun and challenging. To avoid exploits (when teams buy weak units for each just to farm), killed monsters should provide only 1/2 of affinity they usually give and should yield very few mod drops. Maybe only common fusion cores with low chance? Maybe they also should provide very few health/energy/ammo drops, but health/energy/ammo are completely restored at the beggining of each round.

Enemies can be represented as holograms like in mastery rank up challenges.

Winning team gets double affinity reward (so full normal affinity), maybe some void keys of random type and rank and good amount of credits (same amount as dark sector of the same planet, if this game mode will be limited by conclave rating). Maybe also add reward for each wave, and these rewards will all go to the winning team. Losing team will get normal amount of affinity (the 1/2 from killed monsters and regular +30% bonus) and maybe a few R5 cores and some credits as consolation prize.

Edited by SonicSonedit

I really don't think a direct PVP needed in Warframe. I have DOTA, L4D2, CSGO, Archeage, GW2 and other games for PVP. I play Warframe for PVE.

Anyway CTF mode looks good. But I would rather prefer an indirect PVP mode for Warframe. For example: teams are separated by a glass wall so they can see each other. They send waves of monster at each other and team which will survive will win. Waves can be made customized by teams or completely random. If customizable, there are certain amounts of points to buy units which will attack opposing team. Units and points amount are limited by wave number. For example you have 1000 points, nullifier costs 200, but you can buy only 1 nullfier per wave. Maybe more as waves progress.

I think this would be really fun and challenging. To avoid exploits (when teams buy weak units for each just to farm), killed monsters should provide only 1/2 of affinity they usually give and should yield very few mod drops. Maybe only common fusion cores with low chance? Maybe they also should provide very few health/energy/ammo drops, but health/energy/ammo are completely restored at the beggining of each round.

Winning team gets double affinity reward (so full normal affinity), maybe some void keys of random type and rank and good amount of credits (same amount as dark sector of the same planet, if this game mode will be limited by conclave rating). Maybe also add reward for each wave, and these rewards will all go to the winning team. Losing team will get normal amount of affinity (the 1/2 from killed monsters and regular +30% bonus) and maybe a few R5 cores and some credits as consolation prize.

we need a real pvp if this game is to hit e-sport level or streaming level.

We need more Maps try to make maps under the inspiration of Unreal tournament

and can you make more mods

Interspersion PVP can be a good mode 4 v 4

Try to do a hunter mode like in crysis and the hunter will get to play the stalker and will have a boost of stamina and speed and have the bow 

:D any way look good 

I think the map showcased in the devstream and on this post, its absolutely beautiful, the map designers just nailed it - visually wise.

But it seems the map design of this Capture the Flag mission, was not designed with parkour in mind, this map offer very little options to connect wallruns, it is a map designed for player only sprint and copter. 

The outter areas only have one wall - the ''cliff'' side of the map doesn't have anything you can grab, only offers options to slingshot ''forward''. The inner side is problematic because it is a very tight place, with almost no option to parkour inside, but i understand it was design as a ''choke point'' so i guess that's ok. The side areas at least have those big pillars there, we can use those, so thanks for placing them.

The map objects were placed on the map with cover in mind, and not to be used as wallrun slingshots. A good parkour map gotta have opposing walls and objects, to allow wallruns from one side to the other. And just gotta be bigger, this map seem a bit too small, a good experienced conclaver will copter his way through the entire lane in a few seconds.

I wish the map had more parkour possibilities like Europa Conclave, i hope the other PvP maps have more options than this one.

Thank you to all involved in the PvP overhaul, know that your efforts are not unnoticed, so thanks for your work and i hope you don't confuse my feedback as disapproval, i am giving my opinion to make it better that's all.

Edited by RexSol

we need a real pvp if this game is to hit e-sport level or streaming level.

I think you are playing a wrong game here. Warframe a progress-based grindy PVE game, it will never be a e-sport game. Streaming? Well people already do stream WF.

Also it's a pity that you commented without reading my post.

Edited by SonicSonedit

I think you are playing a wrong game here. Warframe a progress-based grindy PVE game, it will never be a e-sport game. Streaming? Well people already do stream WF.

Also it's a pity that you commented without reading my post.

why would i read your post ? you are against PVP, i disagree. Warframe is not only a progress-based grindy PVE game. It has also PVP and this need be better in every way.  I play Warframe for PVP and PVE. I think you are playing a wrong game here.  Pls go and play archeage again.

Edited by InoxMaximus

Indirect PvP is really boring. :/

Will the original conclave stay?  It is my favorite part of the game n 1 of the only reasons i still play.  I don't feel like it shuld b removed because ppl don't kno how to build for pvp. Conclave was always a place to test the strength of your skill against an intelligent opponent and I'd rather not b limeted to certain loadouts because people cry over inbalence. I was one of those who mastered conclave and am hard to beat no matter what i frame/ weapon i used.  I just don't like the fact that my  seven different frames that i formad 4 times each for strict use in conclave  will now need to b deleted or re-formad because the full defense builds r not viable  in normal play.   I shuldnt have to spend 21 forma to fix it.   N b4 u all say 'Y would u build for pvp? WF is pve based' i understand but it was part of the game. DE put it there n it's the only part of the game i truely enjoy.   Leave conclave nodes alone add the pvp 2.0 i'll play them both i'm sure i'll enjoy both equally but add it as an addition to pvp not an overhaul.    I got a dozen friends i conclave daily n it's become a sport. I just don't see myself putting any more time n money into this game if they are just slowly working out every git of it that appeals to me and many other players.   

Will the original conclave stay?  It is my favorite part of the game n 1 of the only reasons i still play.  I don't feel like it shuld b removed because ppl don't kno how to build for pvp. Conclave was always a place to test the strength of your skill against an intelligent opponent and I'd rather not b limeted to certain loadouts because people cry over inbalence. I was one of those who mastered conclave and am hard to beat no matter what i frame/ weapon i used.  I just don't like the fact that my  seven different frames that i formad 4 times each for strict use in conclave  will now need to b deleted or re-formad because the full defense builds r not viable  in normal play.   I shuldnt have to spend 21 forma to fix it.   N b4 u all say 'Y would u build for pvp? WF is pve based' i understand but it was part of the game. DE put it there n it's the only part of the game i truely enjoy.   Leave conclave nodes alone add the pvp 2.0 i'll play them both i'm sure i'll enjoy both equally but add it as an addition to pvp not an overhaul.    I got a dozen friends i conclave daily n it's become a sport. I just don't see myself putting any more time n money into this game if they are just slowly working out every git of it that appeals to me and many other players.   

I am wondering this as well as I find the current fast paced PvP fun as well (not to mention I built most of my weapons for conclave).

Excuse me, but it looks like completely miss the point.

I have absolutely no problem with DSC map and objectives. It can be improved, but it is fine. Exept last part -- it has no counterplay and at least need to change a lvl design to make it more competition, not just hit console and hide.

And i do not want any parcour in PVP. Dont get me wrong, i like it then i soloing, or capture. Or even just try to run'n'gun first in PuG.

But i hate it in PVP. Actually,as i sayd, it was the only one problem -- coreroom. You need to jump and hide, and run. No face-to-face battle. 

I mean, if you ad a bit of vertical gampay it is fine. For exampe a wallrun'n'gun area and a the dominating height, which became a target to fight for. Or some hidden way with hard parcour.

I do not want to fight with crazy monkeys.

p.s. I hope we will have a competly new system of Dark Sector Conflicts. Now is just a bullS#&$. Just look at starchart and find a place with a real war.

Best regards.

Edited by R3W2ND

Maps should be bigger in order to support all play styles, make different areas of the map in different ways, curvy corridors for people who enjoy shotguns and will have an advantage in that, a nice open area where snipers could potentially have an overview over most of the middle section of the battle area, and of course a mix between the 2 for people who like assault rifles and such.

I'm not saying that a shotgun person couldn't get the kill on a sniper person in the sniper area...like Ash could just teleport to the guy and shotgun him in the face, but in general the map should support play styles for all weapons.

This current map looks like it is made for mid-range weapons with maybe some shotguns doing well in it.

Also, maps where mastering the movement systems of the game is important are very welcomed, where key points are set up in such a way that you must use parkour to get to them, like energy spawn points, or sniper nests, or shortcuts.

DE worked on UT, and UT had nice maps of CTF mode, they should get some inspiration from those.

Maps should be bigger in order to support all play styles, make different areas of the map in different ways, curvy corridors for people who enjoy shotguns and will have an advantage in that, a nice open area where snipers could potentially have an overview over most of the middle section of the battle area, and of course a mix between the 2 for people who like assault rifles and such.

I'm not saying that a shotgun person couldn't get the kill on a sniper person in the sniper area...like Ash could just teleport to the guy and shotgun him in the face, but in general the map should support play styles for all weapons.

This current map looks like it is made for mid-range weapons with maybe some shotguns doing well in it.

Also, maps where mastering the movement systems of the game is important are very welcomed, where key points are set up in such a way that you must use parkour to get to them, like energy spawn points, or sniper nests, or shortcuts.

DE worked on UT, and UT had nice maps of CTF mode, they should get some inspiration from those.

+1

I would make suggestions how you could improve the map, but currently I have not very much time for Warframe. But Sebastianx said the most important points. Maybe a big second floor in this mountain with clear sight and space for parkour (above the current floor)?

Edited by Feyangol

While I am also very excited to see a re-vamp in the PvP area of the game, I have personally taken a liking to the Solar Rail system (Hopefully not going anywhere) and have to agree with anyone saying that the majority of the problems faced previously in PvP, were not map or player based, they were connection or system based. These problems majorly focus on the Solar Rail aspect of PvP:

1. P2P Connections - Especially on some of our new "next generation" consoles, is unpredictable and unreliable... AT BEST. Forcing people to use each other as hosts while having no real regional separation other than a "switch region option" (which can be/is exploited also) that in all honesty only seems to visually switch the region to view how many squads are on a particular node while still making you connect to who it seems it "deemed" you have the best/most compatible connection with. I know this because I have switched regions many times in hopes of finding better connections to new players, while still finding the same person in every region who I know for a fact lives in South America, while I live in North America.... doesn't seem to make sense. Is there any future plans to put dedicated servers into Warframe for PvP Purposes? 

2. Cost to Participate - Solar Rail costs are FAR TO LOW. It has become common habit for Alliances to now form bonds among eachother with the purposes of simply laying "cover rails" down ontop of their current holdings to prevent anyone else from attacking it legitimately. There were already complaints about the costs being too low when the original Solar Rail PSA came out for XB1 forums (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/327381-xbox-one-solar-rail-difficulty-psa/)... although for different reasons (small clans building them, then complaining when they don't have the means to truly participate) and really should be an issue addressed in the PvP overhaul.

3. Balancing - From Warframe powers/weapons to enemy minion/turret levels to the ability to "Snowball" a match early... balance is an issue in Solar Rails and PvP in general. There are some powers that need nerfs, some that need buffs, and some that need complete re-works for the use in PvP (can still remain the same in missions). For the most part, the game can seem like a giant, colorful, highly detailed game of rock/paper/scissors in who is vs who and who uses what power first, ect... but there are some warframes/powers that are just too hard for average players to deal with. Not saying they are impossible, but some of which you either need to specifically build or bring counters for for, or others you need to change your whole style of gameplay and put a focus on that single enemy and have to ignore all other bodies (Mesa peacemaker/Limbo banish/Loki invisibility/Ash Bladestorm..ect) just to stay alive through a power... let alone actually kill the player.

Along with player balancing, AI Balancing needs to be done also. Default levels to face minions against opens doors MASSIVE contrasts in the benefits and disadvantages. Example: Taking advantage of it for early and speedy level stacking exploitation (not a glitch, just a tactic),or for newer / inexperienced players who are rushing objectives and find themselves in the 3rd room facing lvl 30+ heavy gunners and such while they sit around rank 3-5... Dealing with that is hard enouigh let alone if a single real enemy connects during that period. I know a lot is learned through experience, but its the experienced players taking advantage of the available tactics and literally obliterating the newer generations of players and putting a bad taste in their mouth as far as PvP as a whole goes. 

4. Diversity - As I already know, you are working on many different modes for PvP in general, but bringing more diversity in game styles to Solar Rails in some way would really bring more different styles of players to that aspect of the game as well. Could be a time or % based system of switching game styles, or an option given to players at the time the que up. Anything from TDM, CTF, Domination(*Cough*Interception*Cough*), Sabotage, Search and Destroy, or even something to do with Archwing (I am sorry... I do understand how complicated and hard that would be lol). I know you are working on some of these things as it is, but not sure if you considered any way of implementing them into Solar Rails. I know it most likely wasn't intended to be "more popular" than regular PvP, but you have a completely unique multiplayer PvP game aspect that has managed to involve the massive numbers that people have been asking to get for years without having to deal with the actual numbers in a single match. In a game that already found a way to be unique in a world of "played out" ideas, don't let your most unique, yet most used competitive system get neglected. Give it the attention it deserves!

5. Maps - I know... I know, I said it wasn't about the maps but there is one small issue with maps, and that is the ability to spawn camp an individual. A system needs to be put in place to prevent this... and I am not talking about the 5 second counter that no one seems to understand "what it is and why it keeps resetting" lol. Something that prevents enemies from getting in, but FORCES the newely spawned people to move out. The new system promotes people sitting back in their spawns in the first room, protected by the timer, to snipe out people who can't get close. 

Edited by (XB1)Xodus03