The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U16 Feels Small

Kvzakau

ok they are fixing classes, giving better rewards updating new weapons and fun things to do ingame and your complaining about it not being enough? can i have some of your crack please? 

I'm just salty it's been four months and there is still going to be nothing to do for another 3-4 weeks.

Edited by Kvzakau

I'm not sure if I'm the only one of this opinion but most "major" updates aren't all that big.

Agree. They are mostly new tileset for few nodes, random new mission type, new game section, few weapons, new frame, few cosmetics, bug fixes ( i still dont know how DE chooses which ones will be fixed, its quite illogical ), new bugs, crapload of forum rage and tears, treats to leave the game because of nerfs etc.

Updates are that big compared to the reaction they cause on the forums.

Appreciation must be deserved because you cannot appreciate something that is lacking. Problem with whole gaming industry is that they are mostly living out of hype building, instead of making decent product.

In this day and age you must market your product before release, and in my opinion that is whats killing gaming in general. Developers try hard to advertise and hype something, and all that hype turns on them if their product ends up being bad.

Hence lack of hype for U16.

Appreciation comes when you understand things. People fail to understand that DE isn't a 300 employee game company. Those companies deserve to get spitted to when they deliver an unfinished product after hype and money spent.

Not DE.

Compare with other big games. Frequent updates, fixes, communication with the community, explaining what they're doing, how they're doing it, events, livestreams, contests.

How many companies do this much work?

I'm not sure if I'm the only one of this opinion but most "major" updates aren't all that big.

Read up.

I'm just salty it's been four months and there is still going to be nothing to do for another 3-4 weeks.

Without considering that in between had been Christmas Holidays... You know, maybe they have families and such. They probably don't waste all the day playing at computer.

Edited by Burnthesteak87

Appreciation comes when you understand things. People fail to understand that DE isn't a 300 employee game company. Those companies deserve to get spitted to when they deliver an unfinished product after hype and money spent.

Not DE.

Compare with other big games. Frequency in updates, communication with the community, explaining what they're doing.

How many companies do this much work?

Read up.

Without considering that in between had been Christmas Holidays... You know, maybe they have families and such. They probably don't waste all the day playing at computer.

Well, hype for the U14 and U15 was seriously over the top. Way over the top when compared to what DE released in the end. And i am glad there isnt hype for U16, mostly because i dont expect anything big or superawesomeextraordinary out them.

Will wait and see before deciding, not expecting anything good or bad in particular.

Edited by RoboDoge

Try waiting 8-12 months for content that can be finished in less than 30 minutes

Nexon's Vindictus

Actually nexon has been updating vindictus more often than warframe. And actually giving there player base something to do. I rather wait 1-2 months with events in between than 3-4 months and nothing at all but horrible weapon's that are un viable.

Edited by Kvzakau

Try waiting 8-12 months for content that can be finished in less than 30 minutes

Nexon's Vindictus

Vindi is a good example of high quality content being added though. I would be ok with this release schedule if it was worth the wait. The battles in Vindi are so good that you want to play them over and over again. It has longevity.

Warframe is all quantity, no quality. Just pump out as many crappy add-ons as you can to keep people happy.

Nexon's Vindictus

Okay, I am sorry for this off topic post, but 8-12 months is nothing.

I, and the rest of Mr. Kojima's fan-base, have been waiting over 6 years for MGS5, and we still do not have a release date. Tons of trailers and pictures, but no release date. What's worse is he trolled us by hyping up the 2014 Christmas announcement as "something big", and that "big announcement" turned out to be about a darn chicken hat that's basically the White Tanooki suit from Mario Bros. for newbies who die a lot.

I love Mr. Kojima for giving me, and many others, a great childhood with his MGS franchise, but gosh I cannot stand him deliberately tormenting his fans like this.

Edited by Tymerc

I, and the rest of Mr. Kojima's fan-base, have been waiting over 6 years for MGS5, and we still do not have a release date. Tons of trailers and pictures, but no release date. What's worse is he trolled us by hyping up the 2014 Christmas announcement as "something big", and that "big announcement" turned out to be about a darn chicken hat that's basically the White Tanooki suit from Mario Bros. for newbies who die a lot.

I love Mr. Kojima for giving me, and many others, a great childhood with his MGS franchise, but gosh I cannot stand him deliberately tormenting his fans like this.

Meh, only 6+ years? Gaben says hi!

That's ignorant.

Edit: Fine, I'll add a bit of fluff to the post.

A) In the world of programming, a week's worth of code is like a day's worth of content. Be grateful.

B) It's beta. You're trying to expect an entire game, finished and policed. That's far from the current state of Warframe. It's still growing.

C) PVP.

Right on man. In that regard with point B I hope they never "finish" the game. XD

For whatever reason that I don't understand, it's very popular among this community to hate hype more than Hitler.  DE is becoming more reserved about sharing info, and now people are complaining about that...  

People are now complaining about both the new content before it's even released, and now about that it's not enough.  

Does anyone here remember that it was like 1 week before U15 that we even knew about Syndicates?  You're making us look bad, OP.

ahh... the perks of me experiencing a 6+ month-long waiting for new major update from Dragon Nest SEA server.

U16's delay is nothing.

You guys should relax and max certain mods, and Archwing loadouts too. Except those completionists who maxed everything already... I have nothing in my mind that can help you.

At the of the end of the day with any major updates or small ones, I'm just pleased we get something from the DE everyweek. Even Baro is helping us out in getting something new to get our hands on every week. I'm not a DE fanboy or anything but I really appreciate them for their work and constant communication with us.

Its not a lot for us, but for them to code out and prime, its a lot.

Best example : 4 man squads, now they need to erase, remove and make it so it can support 8 man squads in escape, Z, Showing, Make sure everything doesn't crap out, Balance it out, Make the 8 stand pads work under certain times, make sure its RNG.

Now go do the same thing for PvP

Now go write paragraphs on all these things. However long it takes you, muliply that by 1 day of work time every minute.

At this point I don't give a hoot about what others think on the subject of U16.

Gigantic updates at the expense of content drought are bad. No matter how gigantic you can make it players will consume it in a fraction of the time spent making it. Is the decision to withhold finished content to bundle into U16 a good idea? in my opinion it isn't.

The last huge update was Archwing so remember it's launch state. U16 will fall for the same pit. The 'give more time to polish' chanting doesn't work. AW came in a pathetic state and barely improved over the course of months of feedback. Not always does what the Devs think will work actually works. How the hell was making tanky frames the viable ones for AW a sound idea? or a useless map? or the immense screen shake? Yeah because often times group think and other biases make things seem different. DE needs feedback and the larger they make an update the harder it gets to get fixes and tweaks done. The delay in fixes is more than enough to kill content.

AW released -> Was incredibly bad -> Completely abandoned by many -> AW Event -> People with unranked gear trying to give AW a second  chance -> Event is complete ~~~~ -> More people abandon AW -> Almost everyone is waiting for AW to be polished

The second half of U15 was Syndicates and it was a complete disaster in launch state. At least it was significantly improved through various updates/fixes. There's also a ton of extra content such as sigils and others (too many to list)

Let me remind you that U14 was in July 2014 and U15 was in Oct 2014 - and had a ton of content in-between. We get starved for the sake of U16 over a much longer period for bad reasons. "Our biggest update yet!" was never a good reason - Steve apologized once about packing bigger updates but further down the line we see the same thing happen. Except it's worse.

If you disagree with me have a cookie. If you agree with me have a cookie. Everyone gets a cookie because I'm not gonna bother replying and repeating myself every time a new player enters the dojo and wants to start an argument.

Amen to that brother...amen to that.

Meh, only 6+ years? Gaben says hi!

Difference between MGS5 and HL3:

MGS5 has been announced and is getting teased constantly, so the anticipation and torment keeps going up and up.

HL3 is as forgotten as Narbacular Drop. 

Whatever update Hydriod came with was the best Warframe update. Had like 4 weeks of content, a crap ton of weapons to try, bunch of mods. So much to do, and I enjoyed ever minute of it.. U 16.. a 8 man raid that looks sort of boring to be honest, and probably 2-4 new weapons, and out of those 2-4 weapons only 1-2 are going to actually be usable lol. Remember release embolist? I sure do, was the worst weapon in the entire game until they finally patched it, which took 3 months???

For whatever reason that I don't understand, it's very popular among this community to hate hype more than Hitler. DE is becoming more reserved about sharing info, and now people are complaining about that...

People are now complaining about both the new content before it's even released, and now about that it's not enough.

Does anyone here remember that it was like 1 week before U15 that we even knew about Syndicates? You're making us look bad, OP.

Do you remember insane amount of hype for U15? And DE overhyping Archwing. Archwing was sold reason why DE didn't show anything else.

Wait until tennolive and watch them as they introduce the Sentients as the next major faction. (It would be really great if they did that...)
Still, there are things they haven't shown us, which are going to be shown at TennoLive, so wait until that first to see what DE has planned.