Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Classification Levels Of Pvp Players

Nastrius

I believe that the PVP players must be classified by their performances.

reasons:

player always loses = not fun = not playing PVP

player always wins = no challenge = not fun = not playing PVP

I believe that players must face 50% chance of victory to have the motivation to continue playing the PVP.

Objective PVP = climb the rankings

My opinion based on observation of other PVP games.

It's going to based on conclave from what I recall, much like it already is

Meaning that players will be matched with similar conclave levels and there is a dynamic there that will keep it interesting

Edited by Xiusa

I have nothing against any sort of matchmaking, yes I'm for matchmaking in pvp, but any form of elo is really hard to implement.

You have to care about the waiting periods for the players, you have to decide if you want fair teams or fair enemy (there is a huge difference), you can't force a 50% winning rate for everyone - it is boring for bad players to be carried all the time and annoying for good players to play always against better teams. Where is the point of becoming stronger if I can't win more?

Elo is a really complicated topic and there will be always guys who will complain a lot about it.

For the beginning it is not a good idea to have more elo than a little subdivision in "beginner/experienced/veteran" only based on your experience (how much kills you have; not win rate), you can do a lot things wrong...

Edited by Feyangol

The 50% rate is only due to meet people of the same level.

The proposal aims to keep the way real contest and not just another abandoned mode.

The balance will happen anyway. Less skilled players will not play.

Create a barrier to new players who enjoy PVP and the game will lose the chance to increase the amount of regular players (PVP Players often spend money to save time in the grind)

At the end will only competition among the most skilled players (50% chance to win) but with few players.

The question is PVP for the minority of the population or PVP as endgame for most of the population?