Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Super Mission Transferal Gateway 3000

I had this idea in the shower not moments ago, and like any true, green-blooded Tenno, came tearing over to my comms console, dripping all over the place - to share it with my brothers and sisters! (Seriously though, this is a rather udndeveloped idea, so please cut it some slack) 

The basic concept is something like this: 

~ You've just finnished running a successful mission, brofists, high-fives and teabagging all-round.

~ You and your fellow Tenno approach the escape mag-pods, only to find instead, a single airlock leading to the inside of one of our own drop-ships.

~ Upon entering the beautifully rendered interior - the door closes behind the four of you, and the level you just ran is erased.

~ The game client saves all items and credit bonuses that were awarded during that round, and a screen pops up - similar to the one shown every five rounds of endless defence. Except the options here are "Redo" and "Continue to next objective." The Lotus says something appropriate along the lines of. "Well done Tenno, would you like to double back and check for any lingering enemy cells - or continue to the next hotspot?

~ You and your teammates then vote, if "Redo" has the most votes, then the mission you just ran is procedurally generated again, and the airlock reopens, allowing you to run through the same mission again - but with a different layout.

~ If "Continue" receives the most votes, a little cutscene shows your drop ship tearing away from the spaceship/station - arriving at another nearby, and cutting an opening in the hull. The game generates the level for the next mission, and you and your teammates step out and continue on with the level.

Thus you have a seamless gameplay experience for as long as you want / can stay alive. I imagine that it would be possible to progress from the entrance of a system, all the way to the boss fight in one go, assuming that you had a good team, and didn't have to pause for toilet breaks. 

~ As your progress/items collected is saved at the end of each map, you wouldn't have to fear completing half a system then getting wiped out.

- Scores would only be displayed at the end of the entire voyage, and would be the total of all levels played. 

- It should be possible to retain the drop-in-drop-out client management, allowing players to swap out when they'd like a break. 

Obviously it would take a bit of work to implement, perhaps the most difficult part being how to devise a system for choosing the next mission automatically. Some sort of vote could be called, but that would slow the transition down and break the flow, and the whole idea of adding this mode would be add that level of immersion, and provide a quick turnaround for those farming, or doing lvl 30+ speed runs. I'm sure DE could come up with some sort of pathfinding that could determine which map to slot in next, something like, the consecutive mission with the most direct route to the boss? 

I imagine it would make for a jolly old time within clans or circles of friends. Kind of like endless defense  but without the same boring level over and over again. 

Edited by 11.11.11

Or you could be able to define the route yourself, with playing the same mission later again in the chain and looping. being possible aswell. "click" one mission added to the qeue. "click" another mission added.

Or it would be a new type, being kind of an instance. A mega mission thingy, with boss battles in beetween.

Or (heh rule of three)  it would be an assortment of random missions from the system with a switch for boss battle yes/no with chance of one increasing if there had not been one for a bit.

Maybe though you would choose a starting point and then it would go up level wise. continuing with the mission a tad bit more difficult than your starting point and ending with the most difficult mission in the system.

It would probably be the best as an additional game mode.

Any way it sounds good, is not neccessary for warframe but is something the devs can work on if nothing really important is coming

Edited by 1ZRison

So, let me get this straight. You wrote this while naked?

Seriously though, this idea's spot-on. I'd love a continuous gameplay mode. There needs to be a system for choosing a route for absolute sure, though.

Maybe though you would choose a starting point and then it would go up level wise. continuing with the mission a tad bit more difficult than your starting point and ending with the most difficult mission in the system.

That was what I was thinking.

So, let me get this straight. You wrote this while naked?

Seriously though, this idea's spot-on. I'd love a continuous gameplay mode. There needs to be a system for choosing a route for absolute sure, though.

Mother always told me not to talk to pervs :P 

Edited by 11.11.11

Ive got to support the contimus gameplay idea. i could care less about the cut sceens and stuff most ppl prfer to skip them any way but a vote screen like what appears in the end of a defence wave would be cool . and moving on to the next area without backing out to the lobby would save on time and help with overall imersion.