Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee; Mash 4?

Darzk

Question

So just got her, and looking at her abilities, is there any point in using anything but Sound Quake?

Maybe Sonar for Bosses/Heavies/Ancients? Worth slotting Continuity just for this ability? Any reason to rank it up (20m range seems usable enough)?

Sonic Boom doesn't seem to be useful (bad damage, knockdown is easily enough achieved with jump/airslide attacks for free), and Silence I would assume would only be useful for solo.

Current proposed setup is:

": Sonar and Sound Quake

V: Focus (Continuity???)

Neg-": QR 1 (Mobility), Vital 3 (For Toxics/Locked Knockdown)

Blank: Flow, Streamline, Reach, Redirec/Fast Deflect, Rush (only non-defense, otherwise what?)

Anything else that needs to be in there? What should I use instead of Rush on defense missions?

Edited by Darzk

16 answers to this question

Ive been using Banshee for the last few days and I love all her abilities besides silence.

the first abilitiy (I call the force push) is great when your surrounded and getting damaged heavily and want to interrupt/stun whoever is by you. Its very useful to me especially with the infested and corpus who like to gang up on you.

Sonar is great for bosses and ancients like you said, I would only equip it if you know your going to use it.

Sound quake is just awesome.

The push skill is nice for  defense if you are low on energy you can shove the group attacking the pod get a second or two to get things killed.

This, in high level infested defense and the pod is surrounded, it's really helpful to be able to knock everything away and kill things before the pod dies.

K, I'll slot max rank (or rank 2? depends on how badly I need the point) in for anti-melee on the pod. I'll have the open skillspot anyways.

Should I be using Continuity or rank 3 for Sonar?

According to the Wiki continuity doesnt work on Sound Quake, anyone tested post 7.9 when they made all those changes to mods affecting abilites?

What should I use instead of Rush on defense missions? Just more vital? Ooh, Enemy Sense if I ever find it?

http://i.imgur.com/t7LC8K3.jpg

Here's mines, still got 8 points left on a potato'd banshee but i'm thinking for removing Silence since i've never found a use for it so that's 13. I'm still maxing Flow and Redirection and if there's points left i'm still thinking of putting either, Vitality, Shield regen or Armor.

The other V slot annoys me since Focus and Continuity is the only thing I can put it in(I think). Can someone confirm if it works with sound quake? wiki says no. If it doesn't work the only thing it affects is the useless silence and sonar which already lasts for 10 seconds which is good enough for me.

There is no point in using any of Banshee's abilities - you can just kill stuff with your weapons, there are plenty of melee weapons with free aoe knockdown, and there are even some innately silent weapons now.

My Banshee always has maxed Sonic Boom, Sonar and Sound Quake equipped, with all 4 ability boosting mods.

There is no point in using any of Banshee's abilities - you can just kill stuff with your weapons, there are plenty of melee weapons with free aoe knockdown, and there are even some innately silent weapons now.

My Banshee always has maxed Sonic Boom, Sonar and Sound Quake equipped, with all 4 ability boosting mods.

Must not be doing the smash 4 thing in defense waves 1-20....

Glass Cannon Defense Setup

Cost Name Rank Effect

2 Sonic Boom R2

2 Sonar R0

6 Sound Quake R3

6 Focus R5 (P) (+30% Power Damage)

6 Vital R3 (-P) (+160 HP)

9 Continuity R5 (+30% Efficiency)

7 Flow R3 (+150 Power)

9 Reach R5 (+30% Range [6m SQ = +70% Area])

10 Redirection R6 (+280 Shield)

3 Marathon R0 (-P) +25% Stamina

... Or ditch Marathon and Vitality for Enemy Sense (If I ever find the damn thing)? So I can use Energy Siphon and still see the best spot to fire off Sound Quake, or see waaay further with the Enemy Sense Artifact.

Edited by Darzk

Must not be doing the smash 4 thing in defense waves 1-20....

By all means, smash whatever you want, Mr. Hulk; just don't expect that to be a point.

Glass Cannon Defense Setup

Cost Name Rank Effect

2 Sonic Boom R2

2 Sonar R0

6 Sound Quake R3

6 Focus R5 (P) (+30% Power Damage)

6 Vital R3 (-P) (+160 HP)

9 Continuity R5 (+30% Efficiency)

7 Flow R3 (+150 Power)

9 Reach R5 (+30% Range [6m SQ = +70% Area])

10 Redirection R7 (+280 Shield)

3 Marathon R0 (-P) +25% Stamina

Thank you, made me smile.

Edited by Niennah

Thank you, made me smile.

Well yeah, you still have to have shields and stuff. Meant none of that crap like runspeed or stamina mods. Might as well put it in there since Ive got the open spot. Just made sure I had everything that was + to Sound Quake first :D

Also fixed rank 7 should have been rank 6

Banshee- mash 4, get place in top 100, ruin clanmates' day.

Hehe, thats me. #78 here.

However:

Sound quake against higher lvl mobs is only useful fighting corpus (still, lvl60+ crewmen will NOT die from 1 sound quake [even with max Focus and maxed quake])

Grineer lvl 45+ will most likely require you to press 4 two times.

Ancient infested dont care at all. Sound quake barely scratches them. Which is why you need sonar and sonic boom.

Hehe, thats me. #78 here.

However:

Sound quake against higher lvl mobs is only useful fighting corpus (still, lvl60+ crewmen will NOT die from 1 sound quake [even with max Focus and maxed quake])

Grineer lvl 45+ will most likely require you to press 4 two times.

Ancient infested dont care at all. Sound quake barely scratches them. Which is why you need sonar and sonic boom.

Still, with a trinity and 4 energy siphons, spam all day.

Well yeah, you still have to have shields and stuff. Meant none of that crap like runspeed or stamina mods. Might as well put it in there since Ive got the open spot. Just made sure I had everything that was + to Sound Quake first :D

Also fixed rank 7 should have been rank 6

How is runspeed/stamina defensive? Glass cannon implies no defense, not no extra situational bits.

I have been trying to level my Gram, and I just built Banshee also.  I've been amusing myself in defense missions by using Sonic Boom to knock down a group of enemies, and then swinging a charged Gram off.  The enemies all start getting up just in time for the charge attack to hit and they go flying like a home run hit! :D