Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Want To Spend My $ But On What!

SirIsaacNewton

Question

Hello guys,i want to spend my 125k credits on something,because if i want to get something good,i should start to rank it up...

I am building a sentinel now,so i don't plan on spending on another sentinel (wyrm in the case).

I also already built dual heat swords for some charge attacks,and i like it very much i don't think i really need to replace it.

I really want to get another primary weapon and sidearms...i have the default braton still,and the default pistol,Lato...

I was thinking about Dual Vipers as sidearms and gorgon for primary..what do you guys think?Some people say boltor is better,and Dual Vipers just wastes too much ammo..so now i don't know if they are short term items or just useless.

PS:I want to get the new weapons ASAP,to start ranking it up and put dem mods.

Oh,also..i prefer automatic stuff..i don't like sniper and bows too much,unless they do some sick damage like a counter strike AWP...the same applies for semi automatic pistols,if they aren't desert eagles,then i prefer the "UZIs".

Edited by SirIsaacNewton

14 answers to this question

well, i would start with just saying what do you want to fight against?

the stuff you have now is generally useful. but getting something more faction specific might be a good idea. 

and twin vipers devour ammo. its fine if you use them to burst stuff every now and again but man are they bullet hungry.

My 2cents (I am assuming you're not buying with plat but building your own) - if you want something fast, forget the Twin Vipers. Most dual firearm blueprints I know require 2 "single" versions and AFAIK you can't build them at the same time. This means farming for 2x single versions, waiting 12hrs + 12hrs to build them and then wait 12/24hrs for the dual version to build. 

My own setup: Boltor + Lex. Boltor rips everything to shreds and Lex is my long range headshot machine.

Alternatively, I've heard Akbolto = Boltor in terms of power so that would open up the primary slot for a Gorgon or perhaps a shotgun.

Rakuall,yeah,i have some ideas already...but i want to hear opinions so i don't actually make wrong choices,since i never used such weapons,and i'm new to the game still.Plus,i don't want to waste credits on useless things..i want long term items,or just handy stuff to stay for a while.

And i don't think i want items for specific factions,i want a jack of all trades weapons,since i'm constantly switching planets and such.Though anything that is best against Corpus will do nicely,since i'm killing them more than the other factions.The factions i go against more are on this order :

Corpus > Grineer > Infested

Oh,and about the warframes,i plan on sticking with my starting Loki...he's like an old friend that won't disappoint me. :P

Edited by SirIsaacNewton

The Lex given the proper mods can 1 shot anything under level 30 with a body shot except for Ancients. 

Braton is my favorite rifle because it's fast, does the second highest damage for automatic rifles, and has the second best accuracy with a 45 round magazine. It can do anything from close combat to long distance shooting. All for 10k.

The Dual Vipers are practically shotguns in that you empty your whole magazine in less than 1 second. Sometimes I wish they had a slower rate of fire.

Gorgon is the close range boss killer and I like how the first 6 or 7 rounds start off slow but then revvs up.

You don't like semi-auto weapons: The Dual Vipers are the only good full auto pistol.

That said, build one Viper and level it to 30 first; see if you like the way it spreads/eats ammo. Then imagine if it spread more, fired twice as fast, and took twice as long to reload. Then decide if you want to build the duals.

For a main gun I would recommend the Braton. Because the Gorgon also eats a lot of ammo, pairing it with the Vipers could cause problems on longer range maps. The Braton is much more ammunition efficient than the Gorgon in practice, if not on paper, because you waste less bullets firing into corpses. The Braton is also effective at a longer range than the Gorgon, which is especially important given the Dual Vipers are only effective at close range.

Edited by Darzk

I bought a Braton and i'm getting a Bolto...i like the Vipers,but it seems they really aren't realiable,so i'm building a Bolto (saw a video of it...),changed my mind because Bolto is piercing and Viper isn't.Thanks for the tips man!

Edited by SirIsaacNewton