Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boltor Vs Gorgon

Catnip_Addict

Question

I'm pretty new to this game, and incredibly new to this forum (If this is the wrong place to put it please let me know), but I've recently gotten far enough into it that I'm looking to upgrade out of the MK1-Braton, it doesn't seem to be cutting it anymore. 

I've been dancing between Boltor and Gorgon for a while, my only experience with either is seeing other people use them. 

I was wondering the pros and cons of each, and/or where I could go to see these pros and cons myself. 

3 answers to this question

Greetings and welcome to the forums. Congratulations on your first post.

Each weapon has its own advantages and disadvantages that pander to a certain game-play or preference which are individual and different from user to user.

Latron is a semi-auto sniper-rifle that allows for good precision and has a small, 15-rounds, magazine which allows for repeated shots. It is in particular favorite for sharpshooters scoring headshots for quick kills.

Grakata is a short-range machine gun which showers bullets in a narrow frontal cone. It yields low damage and is inclined towards critical hits.

Burston is a medium-range semi-auto assault rifle that operates much like its real life counter part whereas each squeeze of the trigger will render a burst of 3 rounds being released. It is cumbersome to use for some due to its burst's producing a recoil 'kick' that hinders the accuracy of the second and third rounds. Although professional soldiers should find it quite amicable.

Braton (or Braton mk1) is an all around average full-auto assault rifle. It excels at nothing and fails at nothing.

Snipetron is a long-range sniper rifle. Highly accurate, very deadly. Tiny magazine and long reload time.

Gorgon is a medium-range gatling-gun designed to act as a "bullet hose" and sprays a wide area with suppressive cover fire. It is good for engaging shielded opponents, tearing their protection down quickly or for dealing with a weak mob. It requires a short time until its barrels reach their max revolution velocity.

Boltor is a short-range full-auto carbine that shoots bolts which ignore armour, thus delivering the full payload of their damage capability. It can operate at medium ranges but becomes a little inaccurate. The bolts often require lead-on in order to hit their target due to their, comparatively, lower muzzle velocity.

Hek, Boar, Strun are varying flavours of shotguns. Your mileage may vary.

Paris is the only silent weapon in the game, thus geared towards stealth. Shoots bolt-styled arrows which ignore armour. Functions as one would expect of a bow. Has no magazines, uses an arrow-esque quiver. Requires lead-on to land a hit. Stringing the bow to its maximum doubles the damage and velocity of bolt.

Best Regards,

C&P from https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/user/50396-oriklein/'>Oriklein

edit: oops... spelt his name wrong 14.gif

Edited by CloudPies

my own addition to the above based on experience:

I find Bolter better against mobs, due to fast fire. While Gorgon could be effective against specific bosses, due to sustained firing.

Out of the 2, I find Bolter easier to use, but Gorgon looks cooler ;) Overall, Bolter also seems to be more bullet economic.

One thing I tried, due to fast fire rate, Gorgon equipped with stun could make it reach up to it's namesake. Even if the individual stun chance per bullet is low, there are a lot of bullets flying off in a short period of time.