DE_Adam

Psa: Tactical Alert Escalation

I'm hoping with the absolute uproar on the forums about it, they'll be forced to admit that this was very unpopular and they'll hopefully find new ways in the future to create actual challenge based on skill rather than artificial difficulty via the use of buffing enemies or nerfing us. As people have pointed out, and I hope this gets noticed, we've spent ages earning and working towards getting all sorts of cool weaponry and equipment, and your idea of a challenge for the high end players is to literally remove everything they've worked towards, negating our progression. 

To make matters worse every thread is filled with 95% of players giving legitimate criticisms and suggestions, then everyone else going "LOL EZ WIN NOOBS GET GUD." 

Seriously?

We can't raise legitimate concerns without being mocked by some elitists? I've finished the damn event and it was absolutely depressing, I'm not filled with pride or rubbing it in people's faces. I had hundreds of hours of game time and equipment to back me up but it doesn't make me some god among men. All we got as a mediocre sigil that nobody will notice anyway.

• Upvote 8

I'm hoping with the absolute uproar on the forums about it, they'll be forced to admit that this was very unpopular and they'll hopefully find new ways in the future to create actual challenge based on skill rather than artificial difficulty via the use of buffing enemies or nerfing us. As people have pointed out, and I hope this gets noticed, we've spent ages earning and working towards getting all sorts of cool weaponry and equipment, and your idea of a challenge for the high end players is to literally remove everything they've worked towards, negating our progression. 

To make matters worse every thread is filled with 95% of players giving legitimate criticisms and suggestions, then everyone else going "LOL EZ WIN NOOBS GET GUD." 

Seriously?

We can't raise legitimate concerns without being mocked by some elitists? I've finished the damn event and it was absolutely depressing, I'm not filled with pride or rubbing it in people's faces. I had hundreds of hours of game time and equipment to back me up but it doesn't make me some god among men. All we got as a mediocre sigil that nobody will notice anyway.

I feel it's kinda like, they wanna point their finger at someone who can't make it and yell "hey, look at that noob, he got rekt hard and butthurt cuz he can't win" to make themselves feeling like a god or something. Winning over this "challnge" won't make them better than anyone, it just show how much of a scrub they can be toward other people in here.

• Upvote 4

Yea , never liked the lowered conclave rating for these tactical alerts. This was a real nightmare because of how hosting works.
PUG'ing this one was nearly impossible.

Anyway , thank you for the sigil. 
..And please no more of that - It was neither challenging or fun.

10477388_10155295189430571_3805131323712

Edited by Neo_182
  • Upvote 4

volcTmw.png

It was very hard. I agree with the fact that it does need to go down in difficulty, but not by much. I would have preferred if we could use any melee weapon and perhaps if the conclave was lifted to 450 or 500. Lower enemy levels? Not so sure.

I feel if the game had more missions like this on a regular basis with a guaranteed reward, instead of RNG rewards, it would be much more fun to play.

Party:

Loki - Corrosive Projection

Nova - Corrosive Projection *Modded for positive Power Strength*

Trinity - Rejuvenation

Saryn - Rejuvenation

GjLYAlu.png

• Upvote 1

Done it... very slow Nova, 2 Loki with modded disarm, Nyx (me) casting chaos... still, no challenge, only absurdly disorientation all the time.

Edited by FollowTheFaceless
  • Upvote 1

This should be added to the game a.s.a.p (not meaning raid) make it happen devs, this is just the way me as veteran player would like to play Warframe more often then just voids ;)

• Upvote 4

"I heard you like playing frames you don't like."

-DE

• Upvote 6

with all due respect i'm gonna have to throw the bullsh1t flag on this one.

understandable, but i really did. so did anoobis another region regular and ranks21 another region regular. loki prime+30 energy restores, its not impossible, just really really hard.

oh yada yada so many people whining. you realize you are going to whine about anything that doesn't go as you like it.

don't do the alert, and go about your usual stuff.

• Upvote 1

Please add this game mode as an extra variation (like nightmare!) - really liked it. E.g. lvl 150-200 for 4 people and lvl 300+ for 8 ppl (in future!).

B-b-b-but I'M A LOWLY ASH WHAT CAN I DO?!

Jokes aside, I'm just not that interested in the mission. I've done it for the stance which is all I really need.

Press 4.

That usually helps.

80b3a0c85b.jpg

I am not ashamed. Bladestorm is great (so is smoke screen, and teleport helps a lot for when you fall through the map and need to get back in).

• Upvote 1

Just finished it on third attempt with Loki, Booben, Nyx and Limbo (me). There are both good and bad sides to this Tactical Alert, let's start with the good.

Communication and prep beforehand are something I'm not used to, since I don't run 2+ hours in Survival. The folks that did it with me where in similar situation as we had to give it a couple tries before we got it. It was nice to discuss tactics and everybody's role in the group and then work as a team (coordinate revives and capping, mopping up mobs after a round etc.), instead of just ignoring everybody and doing your own thing like usual. Also, figuring out the right build for the frame and weapon was also a nice change from regular cookie cutter builds (although still very simple). I enjoyed playing a truly supportive role, running around and reviving, following around my teammates to banish them as needed, and stunlocking some pesky enemies. 

The biggest gripe I have with this TA is the same one I have with Warframe as a whole - once you're done theorycrafting (in this case it took 15 mins total, counting two failed attempts) it's GG you have won, very little skill required. With as much duration as I could put on with 400 conclave, I still had 40 secs of being immortal and I always kept at least one other guy banished, so even if I got downed there was someone who could rezz safely. Vauban ensured that mobs were ripe for mass slaughter with ground finishers, while Nyx made them beat each other up with those clubs Loki left them with. 

All in all, a noble effort from DE, but there is only such much you can do in the challenge department when the game is fundamentally not challenging (pumping numbers does not count). And the most challenging part of Warframe ends when you exit the Arsenal. 

Edited by tisdfogg

I say thank you DE for this alert. After so long one shooting all enemies I get to know some tough ones. Sure I could stay to 60 minutes of survival but this gives me an instant challenge. I liked it a lot and with some team coordination it was perfectly manageable. I had fun :)

Done it with Hydroid (Me), Limbo, Nova, Loki Prime. Random team that worked perfectly

2015_02_28_00006.jpg

2015_02_28_00005.jpg

I'd probably do something like this again. It somehow proved to be thrilling. Rift Sigil <3
Edited by Shry0b

I did it now too. First I gave up, but I tried over and over again. I won't post any Screenshots, this would be unfair to other players It was really hard.

A HUGE THANKS to, Rewilo (Ash), aenima9 (Trinity) and White-Angle (Nova) for this awesome Gameplay and Teamplay.

I hope I can help someone, here is what we did.

1. Ash, Trinity, Nova and Loki

2. 3x Corrosive Projection and 1x Energy Siphon

3. - Loki go up first, Invisible and start Disarm and DON'T stop. The position where Loki should be, between A, C and D.

Maxed out range for Disarm.

- Ash is instant using Bladestorm and kill everyone.

- Trinity is using Energy Vampire and try to Capture A, B, C and D.

- Nova is hiding under the Stairs (crouch) at D and use Molecular Prime.

I (me as Loki) had to use a "few" (around 60 ^^) Energy, Health and Shield restore + the Syndicate Phantoms helped a lot too.

If you use Loki, YOU are gonna revive EVERYONE + your Disarm stops Enemys (a few seconds) so they can't / won't Capture.

Don't even try to kill someone, thats what Ash do.

Wish you all good luck and I hope I could help.

EDIT: You don't really need "skill" just your finger + Keyboard + 4

Edited by lHDl

Done it with 2 Valkyr's (pretty much responsible for keeping everyone on their feet), Nova (Slowing enemies to a crawl) and Vauban (me, enforcing a lockdown around the elevator area) in a pub game... few hours, lots of green smoke and 38 large energy restores later, a Rift sigil appears in my inbox.

It's pretty amazing that so many different team compositions were successfully used for this. Ours was Loki, Trin, Nyx and (random) Valkyr. We basically never got attacked with chaos + disarm (with augment) combo and nyx would deal massive damage with absorb.

• Upvote 1

Gaze in awe at the wonder that is the rift sigil!

2015-02-27_00001_zpsgcnj3zdc.jpg

... It's barely even there. You can see the settings. It should be far more visible than it is. Lame. *puts hunter sigil back on*

it glows brighter the more energy you have when playing.

Its a challenge but fun! I really don't get what all this complaining is all about. 

If Warframe is too easy everyone complains, if we get a challenge everyone screams "nerf"! Sometimes i really don't get it... We need more runs like this DE (raids incoming :) ). 

• Upvote 4

Difficulty is over the top for this one in my opinion. Getting "insta-shot" isn't challenging, it's boring and frustrating. I like a good challenge, but this isn't exactly what I'd call challenging...

Edited by xxx7
  • Upvote 3

пусть создадут уровень для ебла нов  в котором при запуске миссии будет табличка  ТЫ ПРОИГРАЛ ))) я думаю извращены оценят .  как всегда есть парочка ублюдков которые играют ради пафосной фразы - алерт 400 конклав- "ЛЕГКО"

I really did break my laptop playing this. Finished it on PC. Honest players fail, exploiters prevail.

Edited by LABAL
  • Upvote 4

I can tell no one likes this by the fact that when I try and play it there are no squads available...

Sigil looks sweet but from what I have seen I don't think it is worth the pain.

• Upvote 1