DE_Adam

Psa: Tactical Alert Escalation

Well.. I did it yesterday, after few attemps.. It's challenging? Maybe in some way.. But at the end i just wanted to cut myself with Galantine, don't even think what guy with banshee thinking about whole game..

Then: We want a challenge! the game isgetting boring.
Now: It's not fun to be killed, I wanted something else!

Well, boys 'n girls playing warframe (because yes, I'm sure there are some somewhere), if you can't challenge yourself, if you can't acept the challenge they made only for you, then you should stop playing.

You are complaining about a newly third phase of a supposed-hard tactical alert, wich should be hard for new players and easy for the old ones. It was made of a joke and it ended working just fine, they tried to sink us with a "not-fun" challenge as you state, but it was fun, it was fun to prove them wrong, it was fun to turn the table! Go, equip your low level gear and go play some pluto/ceres/eris/void missions all alone, try not to get killed, try to complete the objective, try to test yourself, but most of all, try to have fun.

• Upvote 4

1 shot = death is not challenging its meh... broken

limits you to only a few warframes that are able to do this if they group up... boooring

a real challenge does not = enemy level high

• Upvote 1

Idk what you are talking about, don't go random in this challenge. Open the "Recruiting" Chat write frames down that you want in your team + the aura mod and w8 for 3 to join. Easy task and fastest way to do it without frustration. ( Loki can do escalation solo btw. ) 

Hf :D .

• Upvote 1

Feels like many will miss this event, because it's simply unfair. And reward is not fitting it's absurdity: if it was a GRAM VANDAL blueprint or something, then yes - it worth dying thousands times.

should everything in the game be for everyone? I dunno but I'm kinda used to stuff unlocking the farther you go. if someone finds it impossibly hard then maybe he/she need to put more hours in and get some more good mods before it can be done. aren't most games like that? dunno why so many whine.

• Upvote 5

THIS ESCALATION CAN BE BEAT. VERY EASILY. Those who say otherwise are scrubs. Seriously, go get some good frames, and mods.

Here's how I breezed through it with pubs: Nova (or prime), Valkyr, Vauban, and Loki prime (all maxed).

This is the setup I used and we breezed through all 5 waves. Valk on revive duty, vauban for bastille/vortex spam (this keeps em locked down and pulls them off capture points so you can cap), nova (maxed str ftw) on slow duty, and loki for obv disarm. Kill no mobs during the round as to prevent new spawns that could snipe you. Bring energy and hp restores (for either during rounds or to restock at the end of a round) and specters (specters scale crazy, we had 2 and they both lived).

TL;DR Lock down mobs, don't kill them until end of round. Profit.

Edited by DeusInsania
  • Upvote 1

I effing tore me arse on that alert.

Edited by LABAL

Did it as a Vauban with a Nova and Loki but god the last part of the tactical alert is jest crap,its jest a f###### power spam fest.

With that said when you do the next tactical alert my only advice is this,if its focus is a single weapon,then DISABLE THE WARFRAMES POWERS,then it wont be a big joke.

This is a strong mission where you don't win easily...

It's that to do the different: You don't win easy how in another missions of void like T4 def or surv!

Here you can't use ogris or angstrum or another OP weapons!

In this mission you can use only your Experience...and it's not for all!!

I win and I take my RIFT Sigil..and for this I'm happy!!

Thanks DE for this!!

Thanks for all...

Edited by Caretaker77
  • Upvote 1

This was stressful. The guy I love wanted to do it, though, so of course I followed him. He ran Loki, I ran Nova. Specters EVERYWHERE, and I still needed to use all four revives during the mission. We did end up completing it, though.

I didn't have fun, but I made him happy, so I'd consider it a success.

Did it as a Vauban with a Nova and Loki but god the last part of the tactical alert is jest crap,its jest a f###### power spam fest.

With that said when you do the next tactical alert my only advice is this,if its focus is a single weapon,then DISABLE THE WARFRAMES POWERS,then it wont be a big joke.

Well, the fact that they let you use a meele weapon in the third phase of the TA doesn't mean they think it should be enough for killing the enemies, but instead because you can't go without ANY weapon and Meele is (from Main to Secondary weapon) the weaker. THE WANTED YOU TO SPAM. This time you don't win because you had a lot of weapons, but because you had a lot of experience.

Remember, there isn't only one way to beat it, so many player can do it, yet IT'S NOT FOR NEW PLAYERS, when you see "lvl: 100-150" you really think they made it so new player could do it? they wanted us to fail, it was a trap.

As born from a joke, this event went pretty well and I hope for another one like this. I wish sigil was more visible, it's just hard to notice the change.

• Upvote 1

I enjoyed this escalation alert. It's one of the few times where I had to co-ordinate with my team instead of us just doing our own thing loosely together. It had me think more about what frame and combination of frames to use that other missions. It was more challenging that I'm use to (I haven't done rep farming or 2-hour T4 survivals) and added a little bit of variety to my experience of the game.

I think it's unfortunate that some individuals got upset and gave up instead of using it as an opportunity to learn and adapt or allowed something to get in their way of enjoying a game, but humans do human things.

Edited by BlazeJefferson

I as well enjoyed this after a long thought of how-to-do-it and what-frames-are-needed. It truly made me think and made me sad. My complaint is the sigil it's just not bright enough with a frame that has only 300 maxed energy.

B-b-b-but I'M A LOWLY ASH WHAT CAN I DO?!

Jokes aside, I'm just not that interested in the mission. I've done it for the stance which is all I really need.

Ash + radial disarm loki is the easiest way to finish this.

people please

do not say it was easy if on your team was any of theese

loki, excalibur, trinity, nova

it is almost like cheating to get the prize

it is nice to see DE trying to give players a challenge, but if it needs to be done in a boring way, then there is a problem around

im disapointed since i was forced to go melee, something i really like and i dont see often like it should, specially with heavy weapons,

but then realize that it was just a cruel joke since melee was the most stupid way to try it, and all you can and should do, is go for the easy and most boring way to play this game wich is spam cc

challenges on this game should not be done so there is a specific way to overcome it, everyone should be able to find a way to do it, and most important of all it should be fun and rewarding, and i mean rewarding in amounts of fun haved after you play it.

i dont spend much time on warframe anyways so i do not have a ton of op stuff like primed mods or a ton of foma on everything, so im not able to do this without going for the play style and warframes i consider boring or op wich i dont even have for those reasons

so it is really nice to see that the DE guys are actually trying to give people more fun since aparently players asked this way

but i think this is a wrong way to do it

• Upvote 1

ATTENTION PC TENNO!

Tactical Alert Escalation Incoming

Back by popular demand, Tenno who enjoyed Phoenix Intercept but were looking for a greater challenge can now enjoy the Escalation of this Tactical Alert.  Although this new mode was created in response to community feedback, we'll be happy to make modes like these an actual feature if everyone would like to see these featured in future Tactical Alerts.

This mode will have a much greater level of difficulty than the regular version of Phoenix Intercept and will be on from now until Tuesday March 3 at 12:00pm EST.  Complete Phoenix Intercept Escalation to earn a Rift Sigil, which uses your Warframe's energy color and responds to how much energy you currently have in-Mission.

Ready your weapons and good luck, Tenno!

thanks for the challenge! :D

• Upvote 1

Interesting if despair-inducing. I look forward to what other nightmares you impose on us next.

I liked getting a mod, sigils don't really interest me, but thats neither here nor there. I liked having the option of a challenge, as well as the regular way of warframing. Thankyou for providing the option DE. Options improve games.

• Upvote 2

Interesting if despair-inducing. I look forward to what other nightmares you impose on us next.

everything energy leech , Trinity, it's truly your challenge ... TO DIE FOR !

bullet   Melee sponges with bad AI [moving at 75% reduced attack and movement speed, without guns long enough to hit each other] isn't exactly a challenge but ok

Double fixed.

Edited by KyrosQF

people please

do not say it was easy if on your team was any of theese

loki, excalibur, trinity, nova

it is almost like cheating to get the prize

Just because using the CC/support frames outclasses the damage frames in this particular mission doesn't mean it's cheating, it's just utilizing specific strengths to overcome a specific challenge. By your logic, using Saryn to clear exterminate missions fast, using Frost/Limbo to protect defense objectives, or using Volt to speed around the map in excavations are all forms of cheating.

Edited by Xarugas
  • Upvote 3