DE_Adam

Psa: Tactical Alert Escalation

I finally got my pals in the same place at the same time, and I had fun doing this with them. Playing the disarm Loki was a lot of fun for me because I don't usually play Loki, and trying make the best of abilities I don't have a feel for was interesting. To make things more interesting, one of my friends was a MR 2 newb. I was actually expecting to burn through all of my revives and fail, but our random was pretty on top of everything and kept everything running smoothly. Newb friend actually did a really good job with CC too, given his lack of mods.

Also I think it's really funny to get clubbed to death by heavy gunners.

Edited by pineapplesodacat

I for one am looking forward to this. Been prepping up for the last couple of days to get a setup going for Ash, accumulating team energy restores (btw, is 70 going to be enough?), and late this afternoon/evening i will try until i succeed.

About the ongoing debate. I think most of the complaints DO have a basis. Trouble is that this TacA is not a serious challenge, it's a mock one. It mocks the people who spam their way through this game - something like a sarcastic "let's see of you can spam your way through this".

I'm 100% fine with this. The red text ticked me off: no way i'm gonna pass this on now. To whoever wrote it: thank you, you gave me a big reason to beat the TA with your taunts. Wish i could answer though xD

I like their way of messing with people to be honest. That might just be me. To me this is also a way to get back at all those terribly annoying spammers you find in pubs. I can spam too :D

So later today i'll see if my Ash is up for the challenge. And i'll tell you if i succeed.

Last note to everyone who's gotten upset. Possibly take it less seriously. All this event was purely done out of the deepest sarcasm - take it as just that, like it or not :) The true problems this game has are not alerts like this one :)

Have a nice day :D

My group went loki, nyx, hydroid and limbo, this setup worked like a charm, worked at first try and we got first row seats to watch a battle royale deathmach xD.

Squad: Loki, Nyx, Nova, Trinity, done at first try. Combo Irradiating Disarm + Chaos create very nice Grineer deathmatch

first try with random team worked out great

not a single death in the whole team

fAQImbW.jpg

i dont see ur problem

but i have a tip for u:

if u use the time that it takes to complain and cry in the forum to actualy play the game instead of crying u might get better

just saying

• Upvote 11

first try with random team worked out great

not a single death in the whole team

fAQImbW.jpg

i dont see ur problem

but i have a tip for u:

if u use the time that it takes to complain and cry in the forum to actualy play the game instead of crying u might get better

just saying

ur next level tenno.

other people crying about this should play minecraft

• Upvote 2

But I own minecraft =*(

ur next level tenno.

other people crying about this should play minecraft

Edited by Aquesance
  • Upvote 1

I as well enjoyed this after a long thought of how-to-do-it and what-frames-are-needed. It truly made me think and made me sad. My complaint is the sigil it's just not bright enough with a frame that has only 300 maxed energy.

You definitely need a helping of maxed primed flow...

I don't get why so many people here complain about this "tactical" alert. The limitations DE gives with "Melee only"/Conclave below 400/Enemy lvl 100-150 are about making it difficult, challenging and you need to think outside the box.

I really enjoyed this tactical alert, because it was challenging and different. Also getting the right squad setup was fun.

Take the challenge and enjoy the game! ;)

• Upvote 1

Current Phoenix Intercept: Escalation stats:

Sigil Winners: 35,739
Missions Played: 293,040

• Upvote 9

Most likely it was because of the group i was running, but this escalation was easier to do than the second step for the stratos stuff.

Then again, the escalation was a premade group with planning and all where-as the other one was just randoms with no planning or communication...

Just shows what a difference it can make to actually communicate and plan with your team i guess.

Edit:

You definitely need a helping of maxed primed flow...

You don't need a maxed primed flow, it might make the mission easier when being full with energy but it is not a definite must...

Edited by ArturiaFayth
  • Upvote 3

DERebecca, how many active players are there right now? Just curious...

• Upvote 2

You don't need a maxed primed flow, it might make the mission easier when being full with energy but it is not a definite must...

You should read the message your quote was directed at.

• Upvote 1

I had a lot of fun with this Tactical Alert... It wasn't without it's pain points for me though.

The first version was outright fun, Especially since it was done almost as soon as it was introduced and players did it without much CC at all.

The third version was jarring, but once you got used to the idea, it was just fun figuring out the different combinations of powers that could be used to get it done.

The second version though.... Just the most awful run of bad luck I have seen in a long time.

1st run: Fail on the last wave due to teammates (plural) random dropped connections.

2nd run: Early Fail due to overzealous/inattentive players

3rd run: Fail late in game due to system slowdown. Team winning system lags and get mission failed

4th run: Had to leave due to system glitch that kept me from doing melee at all... rolls worked but would not break the glitch.

5th run: System slowdown fail

6th run: System crash on last wave, reboot and re-enter just in time for wave to fail.

7th run: Enemy trapped in environment wave incomplete... Abort on next to last wave.

8-13th runs: all failed due to either trapped enemies, lag, or overzealous players.

14-15th runs: failed solo attempts.

16 run: Success

All that for a couple of hashtags on an event badge...

It's done now though.

Thanks for the info. 

Even with all the controversy it was a fresh event and an interesting test of warframes. 

I hope DE sees that jacking up difficulty is not a bad thing.

But at the same time pays more attention to balancing, seeing how some frames are practically useless, while others trivialize any difficulty even under such artificially unfair conditions and limitations.

• Upvote 1

This Tactical Alert was a really fun challenge, I'm looking forward to more advanced versions of the tactical alerts.

a leaderboard would make it fun for competitive players
  • Upvote 1

In the end it got done in 3 tries. First with a (now) friend a 2 randoms, then with said friend, an IRL pal and a guy from the alliance.

We went in with bladestorm Ash (me), histeria Valkyr (my irl pal), soundquake Banshee (the friend guy) and a banish Limbo (the alliance guy).

First serious try i get stuck inside the floor and my irl pal DCed right after. We aborted and restarted.

Second try was a breeze. I honestly expected it to be a tad more difficult.

Still, Rift Sigil is awesome, and there are now 4 more around.

To the guys who made this possible go my most sincere thanks

Arthanas, the (now) friend

Bino4Frame, the alliance guy

Cherubiel92, the irl pal

We beat the red text guy's taunts :P

it would have been great if DE says

mission 1 for the mod

mission 2 for the emblem

mission 3 minimum 5 rounds for the sigil and everything longer than that is on a leaderboard

Edited by Weidro

the only problem i had with these alerts is that everyone DISCONNECTS FOR NO REASON.

• Upvote 1

this has to be the hardest challenge I've ever seen.

Kinda frustrating to newbies who kept ragequitting.

no surprise as you die with a single impact of enemies of that level.

and at a 400 gear/skill limit.. made it even harder.

took me more than 30 attempts... not many tried to decypher the winning technique.

Made it with the help of a range disarm loki, me as maxed range Nyx,  one slowdown nova and one valkyr.

I still wonder why the AI changes a lot randomly. sometimes enemies will give priority to fighthing (even under Nyx's chaos)  and in others they 100% focus on recapturing the communication devices (had 3 games were we were unnable to capture a single one after the first minutes)

the only problem i had with these alerts is that everyone DISCONNECTS FOR NO REASON.

ragequitting.

Noone likes to die instantly.

I've seen many people spawn just to appear dead as soon they take control of their frame.

Thanks for the info. 

Even with all the controversy it was a fresh event and an interesting test of warframes. 

I hope DE sees that jacking up difficulty is not a bad thing.

But at the same time pays more attention to balancing, seeing how some frames are practically useless, while others trivialize any difficulty even under such artificially unfair conditions and limitations.

agree, I think the only character that was dealing insane damage and trived in this event.. was Ash's with his ult.

Limbo and Valkyr were the usual revivers.

I think the only useful characters are:

Nyx (Chaos)

Limbo ( Vanish, self vanish)

Valkyr ( hysteria )

Ash ( bladestorm )

Loki ( Radial Disarm)

Hydroid (perfect for defending spots with his undertow, his tentacle swam also disabled enemies for quite long time)

Sorta Useful:

Nova (slowdown ult)

Nekros (the revival skill is kinda useful, fear too )

Useless:

Mesa (too little damage, too weak )

Mag (unles you keep pushing, his ult and shield restorations are pretty useless )

Ember (dies like flea)

Excalibur ( radial blind might help a little )

Frost ( snowglobe dies instantly)

Mirage ( single hit still kills, her ult is kinda useless)

Oberon (completely useless )

Rhino (armor dies instantly )

Saryn (only molt is useful )

Trin (maintains a little survivality )

Vauban (dies like flea, only useful with vanish )

Volt (only useful for the shields )

Zephyr (dies like flea )

Edited by Cesarin

Did it with a Trinity, me as a Nova P, and an Excal. Only 3 people!

Did it again with a Loki P as a fourth team member, which made it even easier, of course.

Got the sigil. my Team: Loki (disarm), Nyx(just random Nova/Limbo would be better), Vauban(Bastile spam), Trin(Energy).

Loki disarms them they have to go melee into vaubans bastile spam. Trins role is clear no need to explain :D. Nova MP or Limbo banish. do not kill anyone during the round.. only at the end but dont stop spaming bastile. let 1 alive and have limbo banish him and get the loot. Repeat.

Edit: After a few rounds of trying out that combo (for us 2 times) your team should be ok and the strategy should work.

Edited by l3RY4N