DE_Adam

Psa: Tactical Alert Escalation

I want to have something like... Idk maybe FUN? And something playable.

That would be great

Thanks! :D

I dislike it personally. not a bunch of fun getting downed as soon as the lift stops.

This.

• Upvote 1

the alert's best done like every other part of the game's best done - spamming powers

'best done' does not mean the method is fun. but players will use the optimal method, even if it's not fun. this is true in any game. it's not the fault of the users, it's just what we do

what you end up with, if the optimal or only method is not fun, is people not having fun. good design should react to how people use the product, and the goal of this design should be to ensure people have fun

just ranking up enemy levels to nigh-instakill, or spamming nullifiers, does not create actual interest. it only creates frustration and tedium as players switch to warframe's optimal method of spam-to-win. in the case of the last alert, the optimal method was spamming defensive powers on an onrails car. there was almost no thought - and zero compelling gameplay - involved. this is exacerbated by the weapon restrictions - of course tenno didn't actually use their throwing weapons on nullifier shields! most tenno won't engage these high level enemies in melee, they'll get knocked down in two hits. not only is the best method - power spam - unfun, but tenno are pushed into using that unfun method by the weapon restrictions

you need to think hard about creating interest and challenge. challenge by itself is not enjoyable. you need to create a challenge which is entertaining to overcome. make sure the best method is fun - and if that's not possible or practical on the mission end, it's time to consider changing the tools tenno have available to them

• Upvote 15

I really hate it when you guys turn enemies into hit sponges. No fun is had shooting at the same enemy for more than 30 seconds, and even less fun is had flailing at them with melee weapons.

Edit:

Why are you guys moving more & more towards MMO-esq mechanics? Tons of CC, super sponge enemies, all sorts of boring nonsense. If you want to do a big boss battle, do it like you would see in a RPG, or Single Player shooter, aim for the weak points, poke off specific things. If you want to do interesting events like this is supposed to be, give us hordes upon hordes of enemies, but set runners, flag carriers, specific targets that take a bit more to kill that we need to target before they get to the nodes. Think helms deep, but with 4-6 runners carrying the flag/flame, running to different targets. 

This MMO-Sponge-CC nonsense is not why I bought into Warframe, what the hell happened to the "let's do what's fun!" -  not, "let's make this hard, or annoying!"

Edited by EctoSage
  • Upvote 14

This was interesting. First attempt we died very quickly, second attempt we wiped with 2 enemies left and unable to kill them, 3rd attempt we cut through with ease (with modified team composition). Trying to figure out a good combination was fun, the gameplay was meh afterwards.

It was hard... it certainly was but if u have a team fitted for a certain strategy it is possible.

Tip: Use Limbo-Ash-Ash-Nova

Limbo always rifts anything and revives.
Nova slows and increases damage.

Ashes... well, kill 'em all!

perhaps if it was a more motivational reward.. the cosmetic players will enjoy this though, I guess..

Oh dear, some of the baboon red butts here. It's not difficult if you get a proper team going with the right level of CC.

I, for one, am glad DE did this and the snide red text to boot.

GG DE

• Upvote 2

I prefer keeping this event hard. Makes the reward so much sweeter. If anything its nice to see less of something awesome. Makes wearing it that much more worth it.

• Upvote 4

I prefer keeping this event hard. Makes the reward so much sweeter. If anything its nice to see less of something awesome. Makes wearing it that much more worth it.

+1

• Upvote 2

This MMO-Sponge-CC nonsense is not why I bought into Warframe, what the hell happened to the "let's do what's fun!" -  not, "let's make this hard, or annoying!"

Its called making special rewards hard to obtain. THAT is what makes it epic. Its like getting Agent Coulson in Marvel Heroes. To get him its REALLY hard, and there is very few players who have him, but those that do show their dedication, and just how friggin awesome Agent Coulson is...

(Edit: did I mention I REALLY love Agent Coulson?)

Warframe needs more REALLY HARD TO OBTAIN REWARDS. Even the syndicate stuff is a joke now. They need to increase the cap, and make a reward that cost 1,000,000 reputation that is TOTALLY BAD TO THE BONE... like a wicked cool skin or something. Warframe needs more EXTREME difficulty, or EXTREME dedication rewards. I am a casual player, but if something extreme comes up I give it my all to get it.

DE NEEDS THIS. WARFRAME NEEDS THIS...

Edited by Arlayn
  • Upvote 3

Did it with Vauban+Loki+Nova+Nyx.  Didn't even need to fight until the clean up phase.  It wasn't really challenging.  Though the first two fights for this tactical alert were more fun because you can win easy without a cheese team build.  I won't say it wasn't fun, but it could have been better.  The lvl 140ish enemies were not needed, that's more annoying than challenging. 

Edited by ClockworkSpectre

Power spam is the single largest Disease plaguing this game. This entire thread exemplified my statement as clearly as any other ever has. Please fix this for the love of this game DE. PLEASE!

It's easy just do normal Draco team with x4 Corrosive Projection. Don't bother on getting the loot just keep spamming.

At least you guys should say: This Tac Alert is for Draco Exploiters Teams only

I hate it for the fact that if you don't go Excalibur/Trinity/Loki you lose.

LIke I said before (but my thread was deleted cause reasons) they shoould rename this alert in ´´Exploit Draco Dream Team Only´´

Its not melee only, u can use warframe powers, try that. Completed it with friends and do maybe 2-3 melee kills :D

If you really want the sigil and/or bragging rights that much, a Draco-fit trin and excal can be the base for a team.  

Just finished with excal, trin, nova, loki.

Trying to play it straight up melee is just an exercise in suicide.

AKMouse, it seems like a lot of other people are saying the same thing: Warframe power Spam is the only way to beat this thing. Do you think that's a bad thing?

So all DE's claims to not wanting the Homer-drinking-bird playstyle just went right out the window with the baby, bathwater all wrapped up in a shower curtain.

This isn't the right way to make challenging alerts. Limiting weapons and conclave ratings is fine, sure. But all jacking the levels up that high does is limit it to 4spam rep farm teams. I'd imagine they were the ones complaining about it being too easy in the first place... and now they're going to beat the harder version doing the exact same thing. No, if you want to make it challenging but NOT lock out most of the player base, stick with the limited weapons and conclave rating but throw in the energy drain nightmare modifier or just disable abilities outright. Then we can see how easy it is when people can't just push one button to win.

Actually, it'd be cool to see the nightmare modifiers used more in general. They add a much more interesting twist to things than just having bigger numbers ever could.

*sigh*

*heads to recruiting to grab another rep farming goup*

This one had better not be even longer than the second part.

It's not 'draco' teams, farm is about killing fast. This is about disabling everyhting. Still its for cheesy abilties spam. Try 3 max range Rhinos stomping each 5 seconds and a Trinity to keep them powered.  

the alert's best done like every other part of the game's best done - spamming powers

'best done' does not mean the method is fun. but players will use the optimal method, even if it's not fun. this is true in any game. it's not the fault of the users, it's just what we do

what you end up with, if the optimal or only method is not fun, is people not having fun. good design should react to how people use the product, and the goal of this design should be to ensure people have fun

just ranking up enemy levels to nigh-instakill, or spamming nullifiers, does not create actual interest. it only creates frustration and tedium as players switch to warframe's optimal method of spam-to-win. in the case of the last alert, the optimal method was spamming defensive powers on an onrails car. there was almost no thought - and zero compelling gameplay - involved. this is exacerbated by the weapon restrictions - of course tenno didn't actually use their throwing weapons on nullifier shields! most tenno won't engage these high level enemies in melee, they'll get knocked down in two hits. not only is the best method - power spam - unfun, but tenno are pushed into using that unfun method by the weapon restrictions

you need to think hard about creating interest and challenge. challenge by itself is not enjoyable. you need to create a challenge which is entertaining to overcome. make sure the best method is fun - and if that's not possible or practical on the mission end, it's time to consider changing the tools tenno have available to them

• Upvote 8

AKMouse, it seems like a lot of other people are saying the same thing: Warframe power Spam is the only way to beat this thing. Do you think that's a bad thing?

It's a toss-up for me. 

If this is just DE trying to see how high the difficulty needs to be raised for 0% success is in this game, I'm happy to be part of the experiment.  (Keeping in mind that nuke/cc/ult/exploit/whatever will be the only way to beat it at some point.)

On the other hand, if this is the intended difficulty progression for the game in general (in raids, for instance), I'm not enthusiastic about it.

Edited by AKMouse
  • Upvote 1

Power spam is the single largest Disease plaguing this game. This entire thread exemplified my statement as clearly as any other ever has. Please fix this for the love of this game DE. PLEASE!

I did it with Frost Prime, Loki Prime, Loki Prime, and Nyx Prime... Basiclly disarm, herd at D. Chaos so they smack each other, and snow globe so they slow down, and all stay grouped into a mass of troops, and then drop attack them of they touch the consoles like bad little children. Also Parry attacks seem to one shot kill these guys. Just saying. You can also gang up on enemies, and beat them to death as well. Drop attack to knock down and beat them down that way.

Also your not supposed to kill the enemies till after you reach 100% otherwise Loki will be constantly disarming and using up the energy he needs to turn invisible to revive someone.

I love it. The biggest challenge here is getting a good squad and a plan. We went with

Limbo for invulnerability ( Duration build )

Trinity for energy ( Strength + Range build )

Nyx for Crowd Control ( Range and Efficiency, Chaos duration of around 4 second spam worked well )

Ash for Damage ( Strength build I suppose )

Worked out pretty well. The sigil looks bad ! and was well worth it. While I am not playing much these days this escalation was really enjoyable and rewarding. Thanks to whoever had this idea.

IMHO the sgil should come back in a few months a bit easier to acquire for those who didnt have the chance or werent brave enough to get it now - just like event mods.

BTW - you cant tell me it wasnt Sheldon behind the red text - no one but him enjoys our pain as much :)

Edit : Dont want power spam play Battlefield IMHO. Hardline will be your thing maybe. Glad Warframe is more than a shooter and overcoming its challenges requires more than just shooting.

Edited by AdFinitum
  • Upvote 3

IMHO the sgil should come back in a few months a bit easier to acquire for those who didnt have the chance or werent brave enough to get it now - just like event mods.

I would prefer it if the sigil stayed hard. I want people to EARN IT.

• Upvote 3

I hate it for the fact that if you don't go Excalibur/Trinity/Loki you lose.

Sayrn, Loki, Ash, Nova and done.

How is this tactical at all? Use only certain frames to complete the alert? What the hell is the point if I may ask? Loki master race again or just go with Valkyr and spam Hysteria.

And did I mention CC 400 and only Heavy Melee? Why the hell is the Heavy Melee a requirement if the reward is a SIGIL that has NOTHING to do with heavy melee weapons?

Geez... I guess I'm gonna do it, but it's gonna be far from fun.

• Upvote 4

It was a piece of cake :)

Limbo, Nova, Trin, Mesa (trin did more dmg).

I'm pretty sure that 2 frame can easily do it (Limbo and Mag) if they work together the others can go as an extra.

Good luck to those who haven't done it yet.

I'd like to see some statistic about the killed enemies due to warframe ability or that melee I think it will be like 99.999:0.001.