DE_Adam

Psa: Tactical Alert Escalation

Its called making special rewards hard to obtain. THAT is what makes it epic. Its like getting Agent Coulson in Marvel Heroes. To get him its REALLY hard, and there is very few players who have him, but those that do show their dedication, and just how friggin awesome Agent Coulson is...

(Edit: did I mention I REALLY love Agent Coulson?)

Warframe needs more REALLY HARD TO OBTAIN REWARDS. Even the syndicate stuff is a joke now. They need to increase the cap, and make a reward that cost 1,000,000 reputation that is TOTALLY BAD TO THE BONE... like a wicked cool skin or something. Warframe needs more EXTREME difficulty, or EXTREME dedication rewards. I am a casual player, but if something extreme comes up I give it my all to get it.

DE NEEDS THIS. WARFRAME NEEDS THIS...

Everybody won't have understood that Coulson reference, but I did...

Worthy of the work required.

• Upvote 1

Just finished it with a pub group of Loki - Loki - Trinity - Valkyr.

We had a couple close calls with multiple people going down and trying to get the big brutes off of the points in order to capture them, but we managed to clean up house.

As far as the fun factor goes, it was ok I guess. After a while, it just gets repetitive wailing on lv. 130+ enemies with armor and health out the wazoo and the only way to do a decent enough amount of damage is by praying that the lag spikes kick in and you can start performing stealth attacks on them randomly. 

Also, Quick Thinking was a must for me - don't think I would've been contributing much without it and Flow on.

DTBgc4p.jpg?1

Edited by DJ_Redwire

Hello all, fresh to the Forums and all- 

First thing, thankyou DE for all your hardworking. This alert-made-at-breakfast-to-take-in-reactions worked as you can see. 
I loved the ridiculousness of the mission, where it suddenly separates people who actually know what they're doing from... not naming it, but 'the rest'.
*yes leave the Draco-rep-farm-teams be, as [even if it's stupid- if it works, it's great]*

Experience sharing! -Experience sponsored by Me, EvilMee, paradr0id and Yasib oksry

Team frames are 2x Valk, Mirage and Trin. I'm one of the valkyrs. Valkyr love.

The valkyrs do their valkyr thing, chopping everything into pieces, even if its CHOPPING A PROPER SPACESHIP into SUSHI SLICES...

Then we have Mirage, spamming her blinding balls. I suspect she has max range and efficiency, which is perfect.

So what's the difference? Just another team of bandits ripping up a good ol' grineer shipyard init?

The thing is, dealing 62% of team damage *not really useful stats alone there* and getting 192 kills-

What? Getting kills? Have you gone mad?

I love Valkyr and I suspect I have grown a kind of bloodlust along with utilizing Valkyr :D so it was almost orgasmic seeing 2 digits to 6 digits Critical numbers flying out from continuously blinded+stunned old dudes. 
Keep the 2nd ability buff active and the 3rd as a slight dmg buff *i believe it works*.

Then start wrecking old dude / dude-ettes using the fabulously designed Tempo Royale stance-

-the right click combo for continuous knock-down + finisher "true Combo",

-or the [e e v+e] combo, for knock down and dealing fair amount of damage at the last hit.

I've never really looked into the elemental damage and be very technical about it- what's the strongest against this and so i must avoid this- so corrosion damage was what I used. It did a fairly good job, dealing some 46k and 91k at some of the front/back-stun-finisher moves.

...Might have missed one with a number of 14---- dmg, but 91k is pretty close to 100k c'mon XD

*ScindoP damages- 624 Corro, 332.8 Slash, 41.6 Imp/Punc. with 20%Crit, I'm impressed they add up to those big numbers*

So yeah, I love the stances, I love the specific stance, Valkyr, and ofcoz the Devs. 

Keep trying though =P

PC

Edited by pascalcph

Hey look , a fully moded Galantine needs 50 hits to kill a Lancer.And DE wonders why people are allways looking for new ways to exploit the game.I wanna see DE stuff playing this!

i played my first try with DE_Adam and 2 clanmates and won

kind of a small challenge but DE can make it more difficult for me

nova valkyr loki ash (no ability spam cuz adam wanted to do it fair)

second run with 3 clanmates to prove that standart draco farm team is possible

oh and as a aditional challenge we did it all with less than 300 conclave

GFmCTuz.jpg

what should i say

easy win

draco team works fine

People who dont know how to communicate, coordinate and plan will have problems with the Escalation Alert. 

• Upvote 1

Merged numerous threads containing feedback on this extra hard Tactical Alert mode.

As mentioned in the OP, this mode is something we threw together this morning, and can/will be changed based on player feedback for a potential future addition.

Hate it? Love it? Have ideas to make it better? Let us know :)

I find it to be pretty easy to do still. Despite the higher risk due to Level/Damage of enemies, you can still take the same approach. However, Tempo Royale is a beautiful stance and I actually seriously enjoyed cleaving through them Grineer.

I find it weird, considering Dark Sector's gameplay and mechanics that required a strategy and using your brain to win some battles, that DE is having such a hard time creating something actually entertaining, difficult in the right way and balanced. I don't get it.

The bosses battles are nowhere near hard, the only difficulty factor reside in the "invicible timeframe" some bosses like sargas ruk or lech kril have, and when we get a pseudo hardcore event, it's based on restriction.

Restriction of everything, restriction of the warframe you can use, the weapons, the mods, the consumables, the team.
What was the point in grinding so much if i can't even use my equipement ? I don't get it.

So, no, i don't like that event. I hate it actually.

If i wanted to feel like a useless punching bag with no stuff, i'd just get a new account, or use an unranked warframe and an unranked mk1 braton.

• Upvote 3

How is this tactical at all? Use only certain frames to complete the alert? What the hell is the point if I may ask? Loki master race again or just go with Valkyr and spam Hysteria.

And did I mention CC 400 and only Heavy Melee? Why the hell is the Heavy Melee a requirement if the reward is a SIGIL that has NOTHING to do with heavy melee weapons?

Geez... I guess I'm gonna do it, but it's gonna be far from fun.

tactical means you have to think of whats going to happen, plan with a build that will work, and coordinate with your team to protect the points. thats what tactics mean, not just running around like a chicken with their head cut off. 

• Upvote 3

Its not melee only, u can use warframe powers, try that. Completed it with friends and do maybe 2-3 melee kills :D

It's mostly complaining about screwed (again) balance between choosen weapon, Conclave restriction and difficulty of the alert.

In the prevous alert choosen weapon (Glave) was useless.

In this "extended" part choosen weapon was also useless.

• Upvote 1

Please, make it hard or make it time limited. Not both. As it stands it's not a goal you can work towards if you happen to suck (or have sucky gear).

I think this might be the first tactical alert I give a miss.

I'm often supporting DE and refusing to yield myself to easy gripes, but this "escalated" event was ... terrible.

People weren't able to do the standard version on public games, can't say why they raised the difficulty more.

Anyway, it's not balanced the way a good challenge would be.
First of all the Revives represent the first obstacle: to have success and to find the correct way people need to fail multiple times.
Revives limitation doesn't even add the salt. It gives deterrent to not try them.
Then if you don't have the right Warframes you won't get anything else than a oneshot every time you get off your cover.
Third, you can't try alone (the standard alert was soloable).

Oneshot when out of the cover... Oneshot when you're in the open field... Even if you stay on cover there aren't safe places while capping bases.
The only counterplay is spamming Hard CC, staying stealthed and abusing invulnerability. 
This isn't promoting skillful and smart playing.

Essentially, if you don't have more warframes, the correct ones and a team of competent people, you aren't able to even try.

I understand the generic content in Warframe is easy, but this isn't neither a "quality" difficulty.
Edited by Burnthesteak87
  • Upvote 11

I would like to see DE doing the difficulty increasing with a less lazy attitude, need more difficulty increase the enemy's effective hp, and damage output, but leave them just as dumb at level 1, i want less damage sponge enemies but way smarter and tactical, currently everything can be beaten by a decent team working together with ability abuse, but lets hope for the future!

its impossible as long as we have CC abilities any AI gets disabled

Oneshot when out of the cover... Oneshot when you're in the open field... Even if you stay on cover there aren't safe places while capping bases.

The only counterplay is spamming Hard CC, staying stealthed and abusing invulnerability. 
This isn't promoting skillful and smart playing.

Essentially, if you don't have more warframes, the correct ones and a team of competent people, you aren't able to even try.

I understand the generic content in Warframe is easy, but this isn't neither a "quality" difficulty.

Exactly. All people here who are saying that "lol that was easy" are simply using an "OP" combination of frames. Hell, even one Loki with Irradiating Disarm would work. It's just about using certain frames and spamming certain moves.

This is far from good "challenge" and quality content. The requirements are silly and the whole mission is just boring to do.

• Upvote 8

n_n i did it!

First Try Win!

http://i.imgur.com/CagFlXx.png

http://i.imgur.com/Xt4KrDr.png

two of our guys ended up dieing without any revives, it was up to me and a clan mate to do the remaining 3 waves

i was a nova and he was loki. we ended up finishing it with only 2 people, it was scary though awesome.

~ note: if you die without any revives you won't receive the reward.

Edited by PrincessRainbows

Bug report : the Rift Sigil has a bugged glowing circle on Nova Prime ( left breast ) - didnt see this on any other frame. Strangely this circle stays the same size and position no matter how the sigil is scaled or rotated ( well at around minimum scale it vanishes ).

Edited by AdFinitum

Impossible to do with randoms(I tried a whole 5 times). I got a team together and then they tried it my way and we beat it the first time easy.

Great Event Alert!

Edited by TriggerHappyWhiteGuy

So where is the challenge? The lvl140 Grineer?..

The galatine does 200 000+ crits ... that means it doesn't mater if you onehit a lvl 20 or lvl 200 guy.

• Upvote 1

Limped through 5 waves of Bastille hell~ 

Not a single revive was needed.

DgxTV8q.jpg

1 Vauban for Repelling Bastille CC

2 Radial Disarm Loki

1 Valkyr to save our asses when things get tough

I'd say it was pretty tactical. We avoided killing anyone until the message was decoded so that we didn't have to deal with additional spawns. Although we burned through probably at least 10 energy packs, it was well worth it for the fun. 

Edited by shirokoi
  • Upvote 2

At this point the alert had nothing to do with heavy weapons and everything to do with ability spam/usage.

Still managed to solo it with Loki even after the disarm nerf.

• Upvote 1

I did this event with another clan member and two random players. We all went with Valkyr. Hysteria then Paralysis + Ground finisher = lots of defeated Grineer. :)

We took a lot of Energy pads with us. :D