DE_Adam

Psa: Tactical Alert Escalation

we can hope....someday in the future, a tactical alert with conclave rating restriction 200 and mobs level 200 :V

*too bad that rift sigil isn't fit for my current color scheme

If i wanted to feel like a useless punching bag with no stuff, i'd just get a new account, or use an unranked warframe and an unranked mk1 braton.

If I wanted to have some fun...

Then I want to start mission with lvl 100 enemies, but not with 10.

• Upvote 2

Really? Before I was fine with challenges for some goodies but this is just silly. Whoever wrote the message also needs to play the game someday cause the event wasn't that fun in the first place and now you put out a special sigil for the event but now way harder? I'm sorry but I think a lot of us are saying the safeword now cause this is no longer fun.

• Upvote 1

This would've been pretty neat if it weren't for how hard it is to find decent players, that doesn't complain and S#&$ their pants because they loose their own point or die 30 seconds in...

Oh guys. Stop whining...

Thank you DE! Warframe hasn't been this exciting for a long time... the 3000 taunt was just to good to let it go.

This is what I expect from a good game. A good challenge.

Spent a while looking for a team in Recruiting. Failed badly with a lot of guys and with even more ideas how to do it. Even after we had figured out a tactic that should work and had a team willing to stick together, we failed twice due to small mistakes. And when everything started to run smoothly... we all started sweating, perched on the edge of our seats, until the last message was decoded. One of the few warframe moments worthy of some fireworks. :D

Again: Thank you, DE. You just made my day. And that of at least 3000 other guys... :D

Edited by Pansai
  • Upvote 4

Requires certain frames to do well. Rewards awesome cosmetic only the "leet" will get. Discourages pugging. Nope, don't like it.

• Upvote 2

I hate to ask this, but can anyone invite me to one of your 3x Loki P parties? or Vauban Bastille squads?
whenever I finally get invited I get kicked (they leave and remake without me) the moment they see my lvl 5 gram,

(not like a lvl 30 galatine will make much difference)

they tell me to take some stuff of my rhino, or bring another frame.
but removing any mods or any other frame I either don't have maxed/potato'd or am not comfortable with will get me killed

even though i did complete this alert mission, i didn't want to do it with randoms because a heck of a lot of people doesn't understand that this is a TACTICAL alert mission. the point of this is not to kill as many as you can (while yes, you can kill them after a couple of hits) since enemies endlessly spawn. so killing all of them before the cap point reaches 100% is silly.

You're suppose to slow them down enough to get 3/4 or 4/4 of the capture points in order to win within those 5 waves.

Edited by PrincessRainbows

Oh guys. Stop whining...

Thank you DE! Warframe hasn't been this exciting for a long time... the 3000 taunt was just to good to let it go.

This is what I expect from a good game. A good challenge.

Spent a while looking for a team in Recruiting. Failed badly with a lot of guys and with even more ideas how to do it. Even after we had figured out a tactic that should work and had a team willing to stick together, we failed twice due to small mistakes. And when everything started to run smoothly... we all started sweating, perched on the edge of our seats, until the last message was decoded. One of the few warframe moments worthy of some fireworks. :D

Again: Thank you, DE. You just made my day. And that of at least 3000 other guys... :D

Are you kidding me. So what does the Heavy Weapon have to do with the mission? No one will use it anyway. Or should I say that you must have certain abilities to do the mission. The mission is Heavy Weapon only mission and the reward is a sigil that glows depending on your ENERGY level?

I fail to see the need for the Heavy Weapon only requirement. Not to mention that the reward has nothing to do with the mentioned weapon type.

And yes I did the mission with 2x Loki, Ash and Limbo. And none of us had fun, it was braindead ability spamming from all of us. Lokis pretty much spamming IRD, Ash spamming his Blade Storm and Limbo keeping everyone supplied with Energy and reviving.

Boring alert which is ridiculously hard without certain frames and abilities. If this is DE's vision of challenge and quality of having fun then I don't think I want to stick to see more...

• Upvote 9

Uhh, people can't take Rhino P. with Boltor P. and complain. 

My team lost 5 times but then we took Vauban, 2x Mirage and Trinity. It was easier than alert with throwing melee.

If you hadn't fun so why do you play on this alert? It's only sigil, not event mod. 

Edited by MrDar1o

Why is having to use certain frames bad. First of all dozens of possible team setups have been pointed out in this thread. Second no one would ever send a navy soldier to fight an airborne enemy ( well anti air guns excluded but maybe you get my point ). Certain frames shine at certain tasks. A mission that is doable by any frame just is an easy mission that does not demand a good team. This tactical alert is not supposed to be easy but involves squad tactics.

Edited by AdFinitum
  • Upvote 1

It's a change of pace I guess but ultimately relying entirely on hard CC and other game trivializing abilities to win is extremely boring. It's also incredibly frustrating to finally get some decent level enemies to fight and be conclave locked out of all of my fun weapons/builds.

• Upvote 5

Uhh, people can't take Rhino P. with Boltor P. and complain. 

My team lost 5 times but then we took Vauban, 2x Mirage and Trinity. It was easier than alert with throwing melee.

If you hadn't fun so why do you play on this alert? It's only sigil, not event mod. 

Because I can? Am I not allowed to play a mission and then raise my opinion about it? Am I just supposed to ignore it and keep my opinions to myself? Yes, that's exactly how DE improves their game. Giving feedback is obviously a terrible thing to do.

How about you stop being so close minded and actually think about the issue here.

Why is having to use certain frames bad. First of all dozens of possible team setups have been pointed out in this thread. Second no one would ever send a navy soldier to fight an airborne enemy ( well anti air guns excluded but maybe you get my point ). Certain frames shine at certain tasks. A mission that is doable by any frame just is an easy mission that does not demand a good team. This tactical alert is not supposed to be easy but involves squad tactics.

So it's alright that frames like Loki and Nova are always good for pretty much all missions while frames like Ember never get to do pretty much anything?

And did I mention the Heavy Weapon only requirement? What's the point of that other than crippling your loadout more and actually making you to spam abilities.

• Upvote 3

After playing this mode I found it to be extremely tough. A bit far too much for players to complete as the mobs are even out before you start a round. Making it heavy blade only makes it even worse even as a Valkyr I spent more time rezing people than hitting though really that was even really futile as they decided to toss in a boss @ lvl 137 from the start. Yes I know it is doable but with the prereq being so crappy it makes it too tough.

Here are some ways to make it more approachable.

1. Do not make the melee only heavy blades as there is only a handful of heavy blade weapons and only a few of them are "good". Putting a conclave cap on the melee would be better.

2. Allow sidearms it is Friday and you do that weekend Blade and gun whatever it is called. Just like above put a conclave cap on it.

Please don't try to be dark souls warframe, be warframe, we already have a dark souls, it's called dark souls

• Upvote 10

tactical means you have to think of whats going to happen, plan with a build that will work, and coordinate with your team to protect the points. thats what tactics mean, not just running around like a chicken with their head cut off. 

Mate, you have got it absolutely right. It's a TACTICAL alert. Find a squad, make up a tactic, use all means this game allows you to and work as a team. That's Warframe, too.

Even while pressing my squishy Nova into a secure corner, while hoping everything would turn out right, I was not bored at all. Quite the opposite. And it was an awesome feeling when everything worked out in the end.

Why do you keep *@##$ing about using powers? That's THE thing about Warframe. Having powers. And I keep reading about you hating it. So why don't you play some other lame shooter?

Having said all that... I'm usually in the corner with the guys prefering missions that require skill. Good aim, good parcour, fast reactions, using abilities at the right moment to save your butt. That's Warframe, too.

We have something great going on here. A game satisfying so many different people. With lots of stuff to do. Lots of things to do your own way. And lots more coming... You probably won't love all of it. I'm personally not into Archwing at all. Flown through space enough in the good ol' Wing Commander times. So what? Do I *@##$ on the forums? I still play my still-not-fully-lvld archwing if I need to (save some relays, for example). But I spend most of my time with things I enjoy more within Warframe and there's lots of that.

So. Accept the challenge if you want the sigil. Or just ignore the escalation if you don't. You're free to do whatever you like...

And if you hate spamming powers in a group, try soloing this as Loki. As much as I doubt that somebody pulled that off 'easily', if you did, you got my respect.

I'm going back in now... mod my Loki and try to solo that, too. Challenge accepted. We'll see if I live to tell the tale.

• Upvote 2

This sigil is quite easy to earn, but it looks gorgeous :) Thx DE!

132871c2e25d68392624633c93dafba8.jpg

Fits nice to excal^^

251e7352db4d5184643a4466804af373.jpg

Many really think that only powers work? Are you crazy: You have a damn Galatine in your hands! Everything dies by a Gal - no matter on which level. This is how it should look like:

dd6397cd0e3c713a1cf45a82c550863a.jpg

Edited by -ExT-AtLasVegas
  • Upvote 5

Here are my thoughts:

I did it with a group from recruit chat, assembled in 2 minutes. Pretty straightforward setup; God Trinity (myself), Slow Nova, Irradiating Disarm Loki, Nyx. The only times we had trouble is when Nova wasn't spamming ult. Was intense but pretty repetitive and boring.

Here's what I think was wrong:

a) it was just an intereception mission. Yes, we were limited in taking 1 of 4 weapons and nothing else, but there was no twist to make it interesting: no unique enemies, no unique mechanics, no unique objectives, nothing. It was hard, yes, but who says harder means more fun?

b) The conclave limitation is even more ridiculous. So not only do you want me to go there with nothing but a melee weapon, but you also want me to be unable to fully outfit my weapon and warframe? Thanks DE, I spent all that time getting the gear, formaing it, leveling up the damn mods with cores that take forever to farm, just so that you can take that away when I need it most? This was a bad idea right off the bat. Challenges can be interesting, but plain limitations that make things harder are not making it more interesting. Just more of a chore.

Last tac alert I enjoyed was original fomorian core hijack, because it had no limitations, you just had a hard mission, and you had to get it done. The thrown weapon stance alert was much worse because you went in with nothing but a thrown weapon against a horde of the cheesiest enemy in the game, which means the only way you could beat the mission was to take a Frost/Nyx, which would then sit atop the truck and press the same button until the mission ended. Yes, I used a hugeball Frost to beat original fomorian core hijack too, but there was no option to sit atop the truck. You had to move, you had to look after the core and you had to kill the enemies (also prioritizing some of them) or they'd overrun you. But you weren't limited in your toolbox, and there were no enemies that made any of your tools useless.

Dear DE, if I remember correctly, definition of gameplay was something like "casually linked set of challenges", where "challenges" implied choices, not hardship. If your next tac alert requires us to go in nothing but tenno underwear against lvl 1000 eximus feral nullifier kubrows, that won't be anything like a more interesting mission. Leave all of our hard-earned tools to us, including weapons and abilities. Design missions around that, so that they're unique, like the Halloween / Silent Hill mission you gave us, because that had more atmosphere and more character than just "Go do a Grineer interception on Ceres with just one of X weapons against Y level enemies while being limited to Z conclave rating."

• Upvote 4

Back by popular demand, Tenno who enjoyed Phoenix Intercept but were looking for a greater challenge can now enjoy the Escalation of this Tactical Alert.  Although this new mode was created in response to community feedback, we'll be happy to make modes like these an actual feature if everyone would like to see these featured in future Tactical Alerts.

FIx their ability to spam (energy regen and effiency) then we wouldn't have this problem.

Players that use Valkyr wouldn't be able to cotinuesly go into hysteria, Loki wouldn't be able to hide or disarm, and trinity wouldn't be able to heal. If you want to give that minority group that ask for more of a challenge then take away what makes them strong, the abilities.

Edited by Postal_pat
  • Upvote 1

Because I can? Am I not allowed to play a mission and then raise my opinion about it? Am I just supposed to ignore it and keep my opinions to myself? Yes, that's exactly how DE improves their game. Giving feedback is obviously a terrible thing to do.

How about you stop being so close minded and actually think about the issue here.

So it's alright that frames like Loki and Nova are always good for pretty much all missions while frames like Ember never get to do pretty much anything?

And did I mention the Heavy Weapon only requirement? What's the point of that other than crippling your loadout more and actually making you to spam abilities.

They finally gave us something that requires thinking, so I see it's not alert for you. Game should provide entertainment, if not then don't play it. It's not alert for everyone. It exist for players who like challenges, that's why sigil is a reward, not new stance, potato or other rare mod. What matters is the challenge.

Edited by MrDar1o

They finally gave us something that requires thinking, so I see it's not alert for you. Game should provide entertainment, if not then don't play it. It's not alert for everyone. It exist for players who like challenges, that's why sigil is a reward, not new stance, potato or other rare mod. What matters is the challenge.

Are you really so proud of yourself for thinking of something that was already known? Is this what qualifies as "thinking" for you?

I can't find enough faces to palm right now.

To clarify, people do not have a problem with challenges.

It's THE CHEESE they have problem with.

Edited by Cynaris
  • Upvote 5